OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
We actually had a teenager say "you only gave me one piece, can I have some more?"

Like no, we have hundreds of kids and If I give you more than one that means some other poor kid later won't get any. That's how bad our neighborhood is. We bought 5 huge bags of candy and if we would have handed out more than one, we would have ran out by 6:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's very rude...
Last year we had to run out twice to buy more candy because it was all gone so quickly. But this year, we had the opposite problem! Went to Costco, bought an unbelievable amount of candy, and despite having tons of trick-or-treaters, we had to give them all multiple handfuls to get rid of it!

And the decorations! It's one of the best times of the year. Second only to getting Christmas candy on sale.
Still waiting for the first real snow to listen to my Nutcracker Suite CD and clean up my Christmas decorations.

If it wasn't for the sad November weather, I'd say this is a pretty joyful season!

Wow that's rude. We are taught to be thankful for what people give you. No one would dare to ask for more than what's given. I live in a small community so I know pretty much everyone that comes.

**I promise I don't eat children and I am not gross looking**
I saw a post on the other FB that a parent had put up flyers around their neighborhood with a recommended list of what foods should be given out to trick or treaters so that their child who has food allergies wouldn't feel left out. It was written in a very rude way as if implying that coming home with a bag of candy on Halloween was a God given right that her child couldn't partake in so everyone should modify their candy choices. My thought was similar to that of many who responded - buy your kid whatever they can eat, swap it out when you get home, and call it a night. But this goes along with what you said - be thankful for what people give you.

should i stay or should i go?

so my job is making me miserable again, i cant physically stand working with a certain coworker who i cant avoid for obvious reasons, its starting to effect my work, and i now have at least one chef who clearly doesnt like me and makes it quite clear who his favorite person on our station is (take a guess.......) im contemplating going back to my old location, i miss working with people who i actually enjoyed being around.

both my parents and boyfriend think i should just find a job where im happy even if it means leaving something ive been working so hard and long to finally get.... i HATE giving up, and this is the kind of restaurant ive always wanted to work in, but this job is literally starting to make me depressed.

has anyone ever been in a situation like this before, would love some advice.
would you stick it out even if it made you miserable in hopes that it got better, or would you leave? im just stuck in an stressful situation i feel. I mean has anyone worked really hard for something they thought they would enjoy and realized once they got it, that it was making you miserable or unhappy?

*dont know why i posted this to the 18+ section when i meant to post it on the regular random forum, so sorry in advance for the double post.*

so my job is making me miserable again, i cant physically stand working with a certain coworker who i cant avoid for obvious reasons, its starting to effect my work, and i now have at least one chef who clearly doesnt like me and makes it quite clear who his favorite person on our station is (take a guess.......) im contemplating going back to my old location, i miss working with people who i actually enjoyed being around.

both my parents and boyfriend think i should just find a job where im happy even if it means leaving something ive been working so hard and long to finally get.... i HATE giving up, and this is the kind of restaurant ive always wanted to work in, but this job is literally starting to make me depressed.

would you stick it out even if it made you miserable in hopes that it got better, or would you leave? im just stuck in an stressful situation i feel. I mean has anyone worked really hard for something they thought they would enjoy and realized once they got it, that it was making you miserable or unhappy?

*dont know why i posted this to the 18+ section when i meant to post it on the regular random forum, so sorry in advance for the double post.*
A career is too long to trudge through and be miserable. Is consider going where you'll be happy as long as it will work financially for you.

**Tell me another fairy tale Mommy, I like it when strangers tell you how awesome I am**

It sounds like it's the people in your job that's making it miserable rather than the actual job itself. So your hard work did pay off it just your coworkers are making it impossible to enjoy it. Maybe stick it out for a while see if it gets better. Were you happy at your old location?

It sounds like it's the people in your job that's making it miserable rather than the actual job itself. So your hard work did pay off it just your coworkers are making it impossible to enjoy it. Maybe stick it out for a while see if it gets better. Were you happy at your old location?

this is what ive been telling myself.... ive been at this new job for two months now and it hasnt been getting any better, i honestly think if it wasnt for the coworker id be a lot happier right now. but yeah.

@ UCFKnights07, I totally agree with @iwearmysunglassesatnight, it is not the job that is making you so miserable, but your co-workers... I worked in a similar situation and I basically stayed and found ways or things to help enhance my skills for the next job..I actually enrolled in school and had this job pay for my Master's degree and so, I used this adversity to become determined to look for another and better job...

PS: I am a huge believer in never leaving a job, without having another job...

@ UCFKnights07, I totally agree with @iwearmysunglassesatnight, it is not the job that is making you so miserable, but your co-workers... I worked in a similar situation and I basically stayed and found ways or things to help enhance my skills for the next job..I actually enrolled in school and had this job pay for my Master's degree and so, I used this adversity to become determined to look for another and better job...

PS: I am a huge believer in never leaving a job, without having another job...
the problem i have is when i work with her, she makes my hard work or what i think im doing/ consider hard work that day seem irrelevant to the way she works, like the three of us are below her considering the way she treats the rest of us. Basically the days i work with her my hard work means nothing because her behavior and lack of team work makes everything go to crap. So i feel like staying might only hinder me then help me at the rate im going.
i could transfer back to my old location, i know those people miss me and my work ethic. It wasnt the best job, it was a lot of repetitive grunt work so to speak, but i was good at it and got praised for my hard work quite a bit there. But im just at a lost on what to do.

the problem i have is when i work with her, she makes my hard work or what i think im doing/ consider hard work that day seem irrelevant to the way she works, like the three of us are below her considering the way she treats the rest of us. Basically the days i work with her my hard work means nothing because her behavior and lack of team work makes everything go to crap. So i feel like staying might only hinder me then help me at the rate im going.
i could transfer back to my old location, i know those people miss me and my work ethic. It wasnt the best job, it was a lot of repetitive grunt work so to speak, but i was good at it and got praised for my hard work quite a bit there. But im just at a lost on what to do.

Hmmm... here's my two cents and you can take it however you want - I know I'm a tad young.

You seem very focused on what she thinks. Sometimes people are just unsatisfied with whatever anyone does. You could cure cancer and she'd still find a way to have a problem with it. You gotta ignore them. I think the sooner you find a way to deal with her/them, the sooner you will be happy with your job. I really like what @Pebbles49 said, the part you bolded. Find things that help you improve your skill set for your position - things that don't have anything to do with her. Find things that you can look back on and say "wow, that was a challenge but look what I learned from it, look how I grew, and look how it can benefit me in my job for the future," regardless of this lady's attitude towards you. Stop looking for her approval. Learn to pat your own self on the back if no one else will. It's really hard but I swear, if you can find a way to ignore her and focus on ways to better yourself at work, people will notice just like they did at your old job. It might take a little time.

That being said, it sounds like you miss the familiarity of your old job; you were comfortable there. But like you said, it was grunt work and it doesn't sound like it's anything that would expand your abilities. You should use the praises you got at your old job as encouragement for yourself at your new job. People noticed how hard you worked and how good you were. It sounds like now you have more responsibilities and a higher bar has been set for you. If you could prove yourself at your old job, you can prove yourself at your new job. From what you posted on here, this job sounds like a big challenge - but a good challenge - and if you can overcome these small obstacles (mainly this lady and her attitude) then I think you'll see them same successes you had at your old job. And you'll be able to look back and see a lot of self-growth in yourself that will only benefit your job.

I think staying and following through is the hardest choice but the better choice. This job sounds like a great opportunity for you and where you want to be heading. And it might get tougher before it gets easier. But remember, you control your happiness there - not her.

Hmmm... here's my two cents and you can take it however you want - I know I'm a tad young.

You seem very focused on what she thinks. Sometimes people are just unsatisfied with whatever anyone does. You could cure cancer and she'd still find a way to have a problem with it. You gotta ignore them. I think the sooner you find a way to deal with her/them, the sooner you will be happy with your job. I really like what @Pebbles49 said, the part you bolded. Find things that help you improve your skill set for your position - things that don't have anything to do with her. Find things that you can look back on and say "wow, that was a challenge but look what I learned from it, look how I grew, and look how it can benefit me in my job for the future," regardless of this lady's attitude towards you. Stop looking for her approval. Learn to pat your own self on the back if no one else will. It's really hard but I swear, if you can find a way to ignore her and focus on ways to better yourself at work, people will notice just like they did at your old job. It might take a little time.

That being said, it sounds like you miss the familiarity of your old job; you were comfortable there. But like you said, it was grunt work and it doesn't sound like it's anything that would expand your abilities. You should use the praises you got at your old job as encouragement for yourself at your new job. People noticed how hard you worked and how good you were. It sounds like now you have more responsibilities and a higher bar has been set for you. If you could prove yourself at your old job, you can prove yourself at your new job. From what you posted on here, this job sounds like a big challenge - but a good challenge - and if you can overcome these small obstacles (mainly this lady and her attitude) then I think you'll see them same successes you had at your old job. And you'll be able to look back and see a lot of self-growth in yourself that will only benefit your job.

I think staying and following through is the hardest choice but the better choice. This job sounds like a great opportunity for you and where you want to be heading. And it might get tougher before it gets easier. But remember, you control your happiness there - not her.
EXACTLY! Everything said here is so true! What I found out too, people like this lady is probably intimidated by you and your work ethics or knows of upward mobility in this company.. I will stop focusing so much energy in trying to impress these people and worry about impressing yourself... I know, what work for me, I set goals for myself and what I wanted to accomplish on this job... Additionally, unless this woman is your manager, I will ask myself, why is she so focus on making you unhappy and trying to force you out? She may see you as her direct competition on this job... I know, I was promoted over a woman that was making my world unhappy, exactly like your situation... I later found out that TPTB were talking about me and my possible upward movements in the company and she knew this...

Awesome advice. Very well said :)

Back