OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Just presented my thesis :):):) now just to wait like four days to find out if i can graduate in the spring or if i have to come back in the fall:):):)im so nervous i almost got sick earlier:):):)

We've had a heat wave in Chicago. So far, 3 days of very light snow and

That's exactly what I was thinking. I might just quit my job and drop out of college!

Hey @Cheer Dad , instead of selling bone marrow you could start re-selling tickets. It'd be less painful for sure. :)
Thinking too hard to get the good tix that will command top dollar. Just heard someone is selling front row center stage to Adele for $10,000 each. [emoji15]

**Maybe I should get my medication levels checked**

Thinking too hard to get the good tix that will command top dollar. Just heard someone is selling front row center stage to Adele for $10,000 each. [emoji15]

They should probably get their medication levels checked... ;)

I believe it. Tickets for Hamilton are going for as much as $1900 each for orchestra seats. (Regular price being $477)

And I bet that there is someone who would pay $10,000 to see Adele. Wish I had that kind of money sitting around....
And I wish I had the tickets to sell you for 10,000 each.

Omg, I just have to personally congratulate you on such a great achievement... I got to tell you, I think Calc 2 is made to be so hard, out of all of the math classes because it is designed to separate the strong from the weak Math students! Matter of fact, I think we lost more Math majors behind Calc 2, including me, I decided to become a Chemistry major and dropped Calc 2 and took the course, by itself in the summer...
Thank you! I'm still really shocked. The professor is going to send out our grade breakdowns soon, so I'm really intrigued to see how it all happened.

Good job! Calc 2 is a real struggle lol. I just finished it... Did okay all year (had an A in the class) but after that final I'm thinking my A is gone, or an A- at best [emoji28] I'm just glad it's over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My class was the exact opposite. It was a struggle the entire semester. Like there was one test where only one third of the class passed, and out of those who passed only one had and A, the rest were all C's. My test scores were all over the place. What topics did your calc 2 class cover?

Thank you! I'm still really shocked. The professor is going to send out our grade breakdowns soon, so I'm really intrigued to see how it all happened.

My class was the exact opposite. It was a struggle the entire semester. Like there was one test where only one third of the class passed, and out of those who passed only one had and A, the rest were all C's. My test scores were all over the place. What topics did your calc 2 class cover?
Idk how everyone else did because he doesn't curve till the end... Lol but I mean I did okay! we did inverses, trig substitution, trig integrals, sequences and series, improper integrals, parametric curves, polar curves and coordinates, L'hopital's rule, integration of partial fractions....
Not at all prepared to get my final grade...

Idk how everyone else did because he doesn't curve till the end... Lol but I mean I did okay! we did inverses, trig substitution, trig integrals, sequences and series, improper integrals, parametric curves, polar curves and coordinates, L'hopital's rule, integration of partial fractions....
Not at all prepared to get my final grade...

After a test my teacher would always post the percentages. He wouldn't attach names, but just post like 96, 87, 82, 81, 70, etc. and you could kind of gauge who failed by who dropped the class the next few days. And yeah, that sounds about the same as my class, although we had l'hopital in calc one and had vectors in calc two (which I am awful at). How did you do on infinite series? That's the one that a majority of my class failed.
And at least if you've done well the whole class even if you don't do so well on the final you might still be able to hang on to your A? Like I'm sure I didn't get an A on my final but my test average was an A and that counted for 55% of our overall grade while the final was only 25%.

After a test my teacher would always post the percentages. He wouldn't attach names, but just post like 96, 87, 82, 81, 70, etc. and you could kind of gauge who failed by who dropped the class the next few days. And yeah, that sounds about the same as my class, although we had l'hopital in calc one and had vectors in calc two (which I am awful at). How did you do on infinite series? That's the one that a majority of my class failed.
And at least if you've done well the whole class even if you don't do so well on the final you might still be able to hang on to your A? Like I'm sure I didn't get an A on my final but my test average was an A and that counted for 55% of our overall grade while the final was only 25%.
Infinite series was my worst test but it was everyone's worst test as well so he actually gave us an idea of a curve. I got an 89, he said if he were to curve that test specifically (even though he doesn't) an 86 would be an A. I'm hoping everyone else did terribly on the final so he'll curve the class more. I think my grade before the final was like a 93.3 which on a typical grading scale is barely an A-, so my grade will definitely depend on the curve. I just know I did terribly on the final. There was one question that you had to switch the equation to a fraction and then use L'hopital's rule and I couldn't figure out how to switch it to a fraction... So I literally wrote "switch to fraction form and use L'hopital's rule". Lol.

Infinite series was my worst test but it was everyone's worst test as well so he actually gave us an idea of a curve. I got an 89, he said if he were to curve that test specifically (even though he doesn't) an 86 would be an A. I'm hoping everyone else did terribly on the final so he'll curve the class more. I think my grade before the final was like a 93.3 which on a typical grading scale is barely an A-, so my grade will definitely depend on the curve. I just know I did terribly on the final. There was one question that you had to switch the equation to a fraction and then use L'hopital's rule and I couldn't figure out how to switch it to a fraction... So I literally wrote "switch to fraction form and use L'hopital's rule". Lol.

He broke ours down into two tests. The first one I got 72%, and it was on convergence tests and stuff the the second I got 116% (extra credit opportunity after the test) and that was on power/Taylor series. So as you can see my tests are all over the place. And I definitely did one of those on my final with an integration problem. Like "you split the indefinite integral into two parts and do a u-sub!" I could not figure out the u sub for the life of me.

He broke ours down into two tests. The first one I got 72%, and it was on convergence tests and stuff the the second I got 116% (extra credit opportunity after the test) and that was on power/Taylor series. So as you can see my tests are all over the place. And I definitely did one of those on my final with an integration problem. Like "you split the indefinite integral into two parts and do a u-sub!" I could not figure out the u sub for the life of me.
It's so annoying because I KNOW L'hopital's rule, we did it in my HS class and it was like the one thing I remembered well and didn't have any trouble with... And then on the final I couldn't do it. Ughhhh do not want to get that grade back. But at the same time I just want to know... He usually gives us our tests back the next day in class but hasn't put up our grades yet. :/

Well, I just had a major panic attack. It's just after midnight, so my computer says it's Friday. I just got off the phone with my mom who's in California, who asked me if I was all set for my flight tomorrow, which is Friday, CA time. I had a moment where I thought that my flight left this morning and that I was screwed. Ugh, I've been adulting so much that I've fried my brain.

It's so annoying because I KNOW L'hopital's rule, we did it in my HS class and it was like the one thing I remembered well and didn't have any trouble with... And then on the final I couldn't do it. Ughhhh do not want to get that grade back. But at the same time I just want to know... He usually gives us our tests back the next day in class but hasn't put up our grades yet. :/

Bailey idk if anyone's ever told you this, but you're like....really smart.

You're going to be fine <3

The American cup gymnastics comp is in NJ March 5 th if anyone is interested. But even those tickets r $75!

Back