OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Anything endorsed or put out by PETA automatically makes me skeptical. That organization is trash.
CP saw it, and she is a dog lover. She cried - a lot - but she said it was a great movie.
I don't want to see it because I feel like it's a movie that will make me cry-a lot. I still refuse to watch I am Sam because I cried through out that whole movie.

Eta: Lars and the Real Girl is my favorite movie but my mom will not watch it (same reason I will not watch I am Sam).

Last edited:
There is no scandal in a DC/Beyoncé biopic. Besides the line up change, which has some legal restrictions on it, there's nothing tragic in Bey's life.

Aaliyah passed tragically and had a scandal that seemed to ghost over most her career, Britney Murphy passed under suspicious circumstances, Whitney is Whitney. Britney's movie solely based on a public mental health crisis.
True.

@TealShades girl 'Polly' is a really good pet movie. Might make you cry, but it's ultimately really really. It was one of my favorites growing up.

Anything endorsed or put out by PETA automatically makes me skeptical. That organization is trash.
CP saw it, and she is a dog lover. She cried - a lot - but she said it was a great movie.

My best friend is banned from their Twitter. Her mother runs a non-profit Agriculture org. that basically discredits most of their work. She can not stand them. One day she said something shady and boom-blocked. She had to make her Twitter private because of all the crazies.

True.

@TealShades girl 'Polly' is a really good pet movie. Might make you cry, but it's ultimately really really. It was one of my favorites growing up.

Paulie omg. I haven't seen that in YEARS. Same with Babe.

My mother wasn't into talking animal movies so I haven't seen many but we were allowed to watch those.

I don't want to see it because I feel like it's a movie that will make me cry-a lot. I still refuse to watch I am Sam because I cried through out that whole movie.

That's is why I wont see it. My family's dog is a golden retriever and he is the absolute light of my life. I'm away from him more than I am with him and I feel guilty about it and it upsets me. My mom read the book and kept telling me to read it and I'm like "a book about how special dogs are where you cry at the end? I'm sorry but I can't read that because I will be depressed for weeks." So there is no way I am watching that movie. Nope nope nope nope nope. Plus there is a golden in that trailer, so double the "nopes".

I believe that video was edited to show something that didn't really happen. It's an absolute shame that that video has tarnished that movie's name. The Best Friends Animal Society had partnered with Universal Pictures and money was going to be donated to the charity on behalf of UP and the movie but the charity pulled out from the backlash of the video. That is the worst part for me because, ultimately, the homeless animals were the ones who suffered from someone's prank... Hypocrisy at its absolute best (absolute worst).

Anyways, a month or so until I get to see my Bradley puppers and I am already buzzing with excitement :)

That's is why I wont see it. My family's dog is a golden retriever and he is the absolute light of my life. I'm away from him more than I am with him and I feel guilty about it and it upsets me. My mom read the book and kept telling me to read it and I'm like "a book about how special dogs are where you cry at the end? I'm sorry but I can't read that because I will be depressed for weeks." So there is no way I am watching that movie. Nope nope nope nope nope. Plus there is a golden in that trailer, so double the "nopes".

I believe that video was edited to show something that didn't really happen. It's an absolute shame that that video has tarnished that movie's name. The Best Friends Animal Society had partnered with Universal Pictures and money was going to be donated to the charity on behalf of UP and the movie but the charity pulled out from the backlash of the video. That is the worst part for me because, ultimately, the homeless animals were the ones who suffered from someone's prank... Hypocrisy at its absolute best (absolute worst).

Anyways, a month or so until I get to see my Bradley puppers and I am already buzzing with excitement :)
Yes I can't watch it not because of that video but it'll remind me of my dog. Awe that's sad that they pulled out and now those babies will not get any money. Yay I'm glad you get to see your pup Bradley. Being away from your babies is hard.

Eta: Lars and the Real Girl is my favorite movie but my mom will not watch it (same reason I will not watch I am Sam).
Omg I am Sam makes my cry like a baby every single time! Still an absolute amazing movie, but I definitely can't get through that movie without crying.

I'm still traumatized from Marley and Me. I cannot watch another dog movie.

A local theatre company is doing Fun Home next year, and I'm kind of excited about it. (Mostly because it'll probably be too expensive to see the U.S. tour.)
The licensing is out for Fun Home already? That seems incredibly fast.

Did you see that Emily Skeggs is starring in that new show When We Rise? I didnt expect her to break into TV but it doesnt seem like shes playing a that different of a character [emoji14] its like a natural progression of Medium Alison after college. Not sure if im gonna watch it but if I do, its only because of her.

If it makes you feel better, my cat has figured out if she meows loudly and long enough, she gets to go outside on her leash. My days off are very whiny now.

(She's lucky she's cute.)

Same with my cat about being cute. She's highly food motivated so whenever she does something that's not normal for her she gets treats and she's learned the more outgoing she is the more treats she'll get. She also knows I won't move her when it's time for bed. I've literally been halfway off the bed before and I have a queen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it makes you feel better, my cat has figured out if she meows loudly and long enough, she gets to go outside on her leash. My days off are very whiny now.

(She's lucky she's cute.)

My boy cat has become very vocal when he wants to go outside and I tell him no. He gets especially mad when the dog ( who is his idol) gets to go out and he doesn't. We have full conversations of me telling him over and over he's not going out and him replying louder and longer each time.

He's also lucky he's cute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew Pitch Perfect 3 was filming in Atlanta, but just saw the filming signs at my exit this morning on my way to work. My friend at work is a huge Anna Kendrick fan. He will be excited (though he might be working at home today)

Back