OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The vegan Ben & Jerry's is released in Canada on Monday. It looks like only one grocery store in my neighborhood will carry it, though. (Naturally, it's one of the more expensive stores.) But that doesn't matter, since I'll finally be able to eat their stuff without swallowing an entire bottle of Lactaid.
There's a peanut butter one that's pretty good

You'd think Faye would've noticed Emma Stone's name on the card, though...

Hopefully Moonlight is still playing at the theatre closest to me. I need something to do on my next day off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was wondering why the guy was taking so long to read the winner. He looked confused. He kept looking in the envelop.

Initially I thought he just couldn't read or see the card - I mean, Warren Beatty is getting on in years...

But if you look closely you can actually see that the envelope said 'best actress in a leading role' when he was reading it out! Someone really screwed up.

So i put my name on a waiting list for the famous rainbow bagel store in nyc so that i could make an online order awhile ago just for the fun of it, and my number finally got called. Actually debating whether i should order rainbow bagels off the internet now.....

Apparently they have two versions of each card, one for each side of the stage. Guess he just got handed the wrong one. You can tell he immediately knew something was wrong and kind of floundered there for a minute. Faye thought he was just delaying and when he showed it to her (I guess to show it was the wrong card) she just saw La La Land and went with it. I don't necessarily blame either of them, because I probably would have done the same thing in that position with millions of people watching me live.

Glad everyone seemed gracious about it. Haven't seen either movie so ::shrug::

Yeah, you could tell by how he read the card that something was off with the card.
It was kind of funny seeing the reactions on Twitter go from "ugh, white people" to "YAY!". And confusing. Between that and the little mishap with the flag during the Moana song, it was an interesting night on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apparently they also put up an incorrect picture in the In Memoriam presentation. Instead of another lady they had a pic of Jane Campion, who is still very much alive.

The two women were friends and worked with each other, so at least it wasn't some random person.

(And also, WTF at some of the trades in the NHL today.)
Yes but they're literally different people – one is alive and one is not.
It's a) insulting that no one distinguished them, b) weird for Jane Campion whose picture was flashed everywhere saying she was dead.

There's no excuse for these insane screw-ups.

This! I wonder if Laurel put 2 and 2 together at the end when he showed up...
**SPOILERS BELOW!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED**

I don't think so, else she wouldn't have been smiling. I love that Pete and Shonda picked someone 99% hadn't been thinking of, as usual. And I am over-the-moon glad about Atwood.

I wonder if he saw Connor's face when he was running from the house? I hope not, b/c I'm worried about him. And why did Oliver have to propose now?

**SPOILERS BELOW!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED**

Back