OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
@cheerislove8 thats how we do it too! the seniors go to Prestidge (thats the company that takes our yearbook pictures) and get them done, you can also get your senior pictures done that aren't yearbook, just personal but its optional. They have to be taken by September 30th I think.
OH okay that makes more sense! Thanks for the explanation :)

My school requires you to at least get a head shot taken by the company that comes to the school in the summer. Thats the yearbook picture. They also have the option for you to take different poses that wont be in the yearbook, but its like 200 dollars for the pictures. The ones that are taken outside are for friends and family.
Gotcha! Thanks :)

Ok..So I get a call from my dad today because some guy around mid 40's with a utility truck ran into my dad and his neighbors brick mailbox and busted the whole thing out into my dads yard...so me and my brother went to my dad's house to talk to the police and give them my dads phone number, and the guy was on duty! He wasn't drunk or anything, they made him take a breathalizer, and i have NO idea how he hit the mailbox!! Ill post some pics: sorry if theyre big
2r2x0s6.jpg

sqk090.jpg

2j4wphw.jpg

Crazy stuff....

@live2cheer10 and other rising seniors getting senior pictures taken:
I am a senior pic freak hahaha. It was seriously one of the most fun days of my life (see my avatar. obvs loving it). Best piece of advice for picking clothes would be to look at other senior pictures and apply those ideas to your own style. Wear some jeans/pants outfits and some skirt/dress outfits and some just plain fun outfits (cheer uniform time!). Mix up short/long/no sleeves. Have multiple bras and camis. Bring a hair brush if you plan to change a lot. Keep it all fairly simple (hair, makeup, clothes, and accessories).
http://www.antisdelsphotography.com/antisdels_senior/index.html This is where I had mine done. Definitely recommend looking through the gallery and styleguide
I was lucky enough to work with hundreds of awesome photographers at a convention and these are some of my favorites:
http://www.johnpylephotography.com/category/senior/
http://www.jtoriphoto.com/index2.php#/rtext_5/3/ (She also works with California Allstars)
http://evansimages.com/
http://www.theseniorexperience.com/index2.php
Let me know if you want specific examples/pictures of what I wore. If you add up the multiple events I worked at with my photogs I had approximately nine bajillion senior pictures taken and still wear all of the outfits to this day (3 years later)

@U.E. Cheer and @Bow Maker How does your school deal with Senior pictures? That's probably not the right way to phrase it, but idk how to hahaha. In my school, you get them done in the summer and then they have to be submitted by November-ish to make it in the yearbook.

Bow Maker - are your outdoor ones going to be for family/friends only? That would make sense to me. But UE - I don't understand how you get them done in spring and they still make it into the yearbook?
We have to do ours through Prestige- they basically just sent us a card telling us the date we have to go and the time, and to bring up to 3 outifts: a casual outfit, a dressier outfit, and an "acheivment" outfit. Yes-an acheivment outfit.:rolleyes: We meet them at the school, and I guess they do them there? It's so confusing!

We have to do ours through Prestige- they basically just sent us a card telling us the date we have to go and the time, and to bring up to 3 outifts: a casual outfit, a dressier outfit, and an "acheivment" outfit. Yes-an acheivment outfit.:rolleyes: We meet them at the school, and I guess they do them there? It's so confusing!
We have to go to their office and get them done

Hearing about senior pictures makes me miss high school. We were able to go anywhere we wanted for pictures and then you picked your favorite one and gave it to the yearbook staff and that is what they used so we didn't all have headshots. It was nice to get a choice, but it would have look much more professional if we all had to get headshots done. We also all had a baby picture put right beside our senior picture.

Hearing about senior pictures makes me miss high school. We were able to go anywhere we wanted for pictures and then you picked your favorite one and gave it to the yearbook staff and that is what they used so we didn't all have headshots. It was nice to get a choice, but it would have look much more professional if we all had to get headshots done. We also all had a baby picture put right beside our senior picture.
That's what my school does! It's really nice because looking through the yearbook this year, I could see people's personalities through their pictures. Then for the student ID pictures, the seniors did classic 'bad school picture' poses just because they knew the pictures wouldn't matter. It was hysterical.. I think the best ones ended up getting a page in the yearbook anyways haha

Idk I didn't talk to him, my brother did...lol I don't think he was charged with anything though???
There will be an investigation by the police, then charges may or may not be filed against the guy. Depending on the laws in your area, he could be charged with hit and run through the police department. There will also be an investigation by the utility company. He might lose his job over this depending on his employer's policies.

There will be an investigation by the police, then charges may or may not be filed against the guy. Depending on the laws in your area, he could be charged with hit and run through the police department. There will also be an investigation by the utility company. He might lose his job over this depending on his employer's policies.
Ok! But he just hit the mailbox and stayed there waiting for the police and us to get there, so it wasn't a hit and run but maybe something else!

Back