All-Star New Rules For Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

so with the substitution/alternate rule, wouldnt replacing team members no longer be allowed (ie. smoed athletes being brought in and out throughout the season) cause i wanna guess that team brings in new kids after winning a bid.

i could be reading this completely wrong.

That's how I read it. Probably only effects a few of the larger programs, but with bids given out so easily not sure it's a big deal.

Yes. From what I understand an alternate has to compete with the team (or at least on a team from that gym) at the event the said team earns their bid. Except for a "wild card" athletes (up to three)...these just have to be "registered members of the gym" when the team earns the bid; they do not have to actually compete with the team.

I'm sure it will cut down (or attempt to) on the number of flown in athletes. I still have the "you should have to compete all season with the gym that won the bid to compete with them at worlds" mind set...but that's just me.

Yes. From what I understand an alternate has to compete with the team (or at least on a team from that gym) at the event the said team earns their bid. Except for a "wild card" athletes (up to three)...these just have to be "registered members of the gym" when the team earns the bid; they do not have to actually compete with the team.

I'm sure it will cut down (or attempt to) on the number of flown in athletes. I still have the "you should have to compete all season with the gym that won the bid to compete with them at worlds" mind set...but that's just me.
I know of a few teams last year that used multiple athletes from other teams of their gym just to get another bid. Glad this rule was made.

Love the rule, just hoping that they follow thru. It was frustrating over the years seeing athletes on the Main Highest Profile Worlds team, crossing down to other teams just to get a bid. Then off they go back to their main team, and they then now have opening to recruit for new gym members to come on the not as high profile Worlds team. This IMO at least levels the field some for lesser known programs (not lesser quality) to at least have a decent shot at winning a bid against like athletes.

I think it absolutely will affect some teams/gyms. I am totally in favor of it. There are still 3 "wild card" substitutes who won't have to compete at that competition. So hoping this will curb the flying in/out of athletes to competitions to "help" other teams "win" bids.

Can the wild cards come from other gyms if they have the release form signed?

That was a rule last year.

Back