New Skills!!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm catching up on all the good news on this thread and happy for all the excitement everywhere.

No matter what level you are at you can appreciate anyone landing any new skill and all the hard work it took to get there. As a parent watching it for years I know I do.

Hope to get my standing tuck before the new year! I have it but I need confidence. Like literally my coach was spotting it and my other coach walked up and while I was doing my tuck my coach was fake yawning to the other one because she doesn't do anything :) I always say "I just need you for moral support!" But I REALLY want to get it so I can get it solid on dead mat for tryouts next year!

:( Boo, it didn't happen.
I didn't have a good tumbling day either. Not at all. :p I'm not sure if this will help, but when I have free time I like to sit down and write notes to myself, and they stick in my head all day. Common ones are:
"You are invincible."
"Exceed all expectations."
"Be the girl others wish they could be."
"The only thing holding you back is yourself."
"Eliminate all doubt. Let nothing stop you."
It's cheesy but it seems to really help me! And honestly, in a back handspring, if you keep your arms straight, the worst that can happen is you will land in a push up or on your knees. No harm done! If you can dream it, you can do it! Good luck!

I didn't have a good tumbling day either. Not at all. :p I'm not sure if this will help, but when I have free time I like to sit down and write notes to myself, and they stick in my head all day. Common ones are:
"You are invincible."
"Exceed all expectations."
"Be the girl others wish they could be."
"The only thing holding you back is yourself."
"Eliminate all doubt. Let nothing stop you."
It's cheesy but it seems to really help me! And honestly, in a back handspring, if you keep your arms straight, the worst that can happen is you will land in a push up or on your knees. No harm done! If you can dream it, you can do it! Good luck!
I can phiscially do a BHS, when a coach literally puts A FINGER on my, i can do it. perfect. She takes away that finger, i hurt myself and get loose! I'm going to try though!!

ETA: I have a private with a tumbling teacher next saturday, so hopefully, it'll happen! :D

I can phiscially do a BHS, when a coach literally puts A FINGER on my, i can do it. perfect. She takes away that finger, i hurt myself and get loose! I'm going to try though!!

ETA: I have a private with a tumbling teacher next saturday, so hopefully, it'll happen! :D

I have never done a serious BHS but I can tell you it's scary when I try. I remember many days of Megan holding a hand stand against the wall or doing a walkover to wall handstand to get used to having her arms straight and locked out. I am sure if you are determined it will happen as soon as you let it.

ilikebigbows it's great that you're helping and being so positive

My daughter just got her RO BHS Tuck last night and I'm beyond excited. I put a lot of money in to tumbling classes for like 5 months with no progress. She's done three open workouts (free) after 2 hours of practice and nailed it. smh. I guess I should've worn her out before taking her to those tumbling classes.

Back