New Skills!!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

my cp was at open tumbling tonight and was frustrated( I think she was just tired) then the coach says rohs tuck handspring tuck..she says I CANT!!!( mind you she had never even attempted it before) He said if you do you dont have to condition tonight, you can do it sugerpie..I love him lol. So off she goes rohs tuck ..chickened out lol, He was like what was that?? then she say fine I'll just do rohs tuck 2 hs tuck!! she went and landed it. I was so proud at that moment because i know she was scared of it. Now of course she says its no big deal and tomorrow she wants to add the layout. These kids impress me so much, the guts it takes to get these skills is amazing. I'm on the parent team and the first year I remember how absolutly terrified I was to do a cartwheel lol, the thought of throwing myself down and not smashing my head was too much. I did finally do it and even can do a forward roll and muscle my way up lol. These kids just go from one skill to the next, but they are not atheletes yeah right!!Anyway wanted to toot my cp's horn thanks and congrats to all!!!

Yeaah... I haven't gotten a new skill since 2002 when I learned how to do a cartwheel. Got kinda left behind when the rest of Sweden upped their tumbling. I'm doing comp one more year before retirement and working on my front handspring for that. But you better believe I got some fierce forward (and backward) rolls.

I don't count "having" a skill until it's consistent, so I feel comfortable in saying my cp "has" a half! Tryouts are tomorrow, so she wants to show that she's twisting. Plus, she is making the leap from level 3 to level 4/5 flying skills and is so excited that she can kick double now! Way to go, baby!

First time ever! I was so scared! :rolleyes:

How on earth do you guys know where up and down are, while you're rotating. I can't seem to be able to spot the ground at all. ^^

Mind you, I'm 29 and not a tumbler at all. ;)

Well its not really a "new skill" ,but its new for now! I just started throwing my running full, standing full, and 2 to fulls for the first time this week and last week! Its the first time since Ive been sick that Ive been back to my full ability. Ive been back doing tumbling for 6 months now and am just now returning to the level I used to be. I know I have posted this information on another thread but Im just really excited, I know yall understand the crazyness of it :)

Back