All-Star New Uniforms 2016-2017 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yay!!! another thumbs down to add to my collection!!! I see them as a reward for challenging people to think for themselves. You don't have to like what I am saying but at least I am challenging the status quo.
Challenging and challenging and challenging. We have heard you. Other people have different opinions and they are entitled to them just as you are to yours. The difference is most of us say our piece and move on.

my final say is this, if your this offended over a uniform, just dont watch 005 compete at worlds. Problem solved.

I agree. I'm having a hard time understanding why people are so outrage over a uniform that doesn't affect them or their child. Yes I understand how outside people view the sport. We don't know how or if they will use it. We will see this weekend. I'm just happy they have somewhat of a regular bra under it. I rather this then 5 year old in fish nets and lace uniforms.

I can see both sides. I'm not too keen on the girls ripping their tops open but I also don't think it's a big deal. Will be interesting to see how they do it, hopefully it'll make it more ok.

The knee high socks to me are much worse! I would almost consider forbidding my kid wearing that.

Why can't we have athletic looking practical uniforms? Doesn't have to be boring just because it's not crazy.
Those knee highs are making my legs itch just looking at them. But I do like their uni.

Last edited:
Challenging and challenging and challenging. We have heard you. Other people have different opinions and they are entitled to them just as you are to yours. The difference is most of us say our piece and move on.
noted. you are welcome to that opinion.

I sort of get it about the OO5 uniform. But not quite to the extent that people are taking it to here. They certainly aren't my taste or what I'd want to wear it my hypothetical child to wear, but to each their own.

I think there's far worse things to tackle. I think babies (minis, youths) wearing backless uniforms or a ton of mesh to create the illusion of skin is far more of an issue than what OO5 is doing.

If that offends you *that much* I hope you and your kids don't watch a lot of TV or movies To see what's out there every single day.

I sort of get it about the OO5 uniform. But not quite to the extent that people are taking it to here. They certainly aren't my taste or what I'd want to wear it my hypothetical child to wear, but to each their own.

I think there's far worse things to tackle. I think babies (minis, youths) wearing backless uniforms or a ton of mesh to create the illusion of skin is far more of an issue than what OO5 is doing.

If that offends you *that much* I hope you and your kids don't watch a lot of TV or movies To see what's out there every single day.
I agree. I think the uniforms are really pretty and I'm hardly ever a fan of any TG uniform. I thought TG retweeting a video of a guy athlete undoing the girl athlete's top went too far, but I'm pretty sure that tweet has since been removed.

I agree. I'm having a hard time understanding why people are so outrage over a uniform that doesn't affect them or their child. Yes I understand how outside people view the sport. We don't know how or if they will use it. We will see this weekend. I'm just happy they have somewhat of a regular bra under it. I rather this then 5 year old in fish nets and lace uniforms.

I can't speak for everyone, but it's not just about TG or this particular uniform. I am sad, because this is a youth "sport" and I've never seen any other athletic sport require a kid to rip off clothing, touch themselves in a seductive manner, or wear uniforms that are smaller than others in the industry or function differently than what is required for the "sport" to be performed. Whether or not people will admit it, this is exactly what companies do to advertise their product. However, all other companies have to pay additional fees, on top of the normal fees, for actors to wear less clothing, perform suggestive actions and draw up contracts stating exactly what is required for those actors before they do the job. Why is it okay to require a child to do what adults are paid more money to do in the advertisement and entertainment industry?

Not in my experience. There are likely a few who pay for their own stuff, but most open team members on these high profile teams that do well tend to be college students dependent on the Bank of Mom and Dad, and there are quite a few 14-18 year olds still in high school on open teams. People with real jobs and real responsibilities don't tend to have the time and money to funnel into it. Particularly at the level of time and expense associated with teams like this. There are some open programs geared toward a low cost experience, but this isn't one of them.

Everyone out of high school on my open team is paying for themselves. I paid my own way for all star cheer after high school and nearly all of the open athletes I know have done the same. Most college students are not having mom and dad pay for their open team.

Maybe they're getting their parents to buy their flight to worlds or give them some spending money, but the bulk of the season's cost is on them.

Everyone out of high school on my open team is paying for themselves. I paid my own way for all star cheer after high school and nearly all of the open athletes I know have done the same. Most college students are not having mom and dad pay for their open team.

Maybe they're getting their parents to buy their flight to worlds or give them some spending money, but the bulk of the season's cost is on them.
Good to know. It was definitely not the case when our gym had an open team, or with other open teams in our area. Parents are paying for those, either directly or by giving their kids the money to pay their bill in the case of many of our kids whose parent s don't live in town. They are technically "paying the bill" but the money comes from Mom and Dad.

Not in my experience. There are likely a few who pay for their own stuff, but most open team members on these high profile teams that do well tend to be college students dependent on the Bank of Mom and Dad, and there are quite a few 14-18 year olds still in high school on open teams. People with real jobs and real responsibilities don't tend to have the time and money to funnel into it. Particularly at the level of time and expense associated with teams like this. There are some open programs geared toward a low cost experience, but this isn't one of them.
Definitely not my experience at a high cost, big name gym with lots of open teams. Don't think any of my out of high school teammates had their parents paying.

Definitely not my experience at a high cost, big name gym with lots of open teams. Don't think any of my out of high school teammates had their parents paying.
Where do kids get that kind of money? I don't know of a high school or college kid in our area that can commit 2 nights a week to cheer practice, go to school full time, and make enough money working outside that at minimum wage or near minimum wage to pay all their other expenses plus a $250-300 a month bill, plus uniform, travel, ect. Were are they coming up with $3000 plus for the season on their own?

Last edited:
Where do kids get that kind of money? I don't know of a high school or college kid in our area that can commit 2 nights a week to cheer practice, go to school full time, and make enough money working outside that at minimum wage or near minimum wage to pay all their other expenses plus a $250-300 a month bill, plus uniform, travel, ect. Were are they coming up with $3000 plus for the season on their own?

I funded my early Open year often through Visa and working a lot over the summer. I'm not such a good customer anymore. ;)

Not sure if it's like this for other Open teams, but the two Open teams I have experience with we just paid $100 tuition (versus $2160) for the year, plus comp fees and uniform expenses. So in total it's about $1700 for everything to be on an Open team, and we only practice two nights a week from 7:30-9:30 so the time commitment isn't huge as long as you don't love sleep a whole lot ;)

Back