All-Star New Uniforms At Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am going to politely disagree....almost ANY cheer uniform with high heels would be stripper worthy....especially half tops...:)

exactly! maybe we should all rethink our uniforms and stop ourselves now before it gets waaaaay out of hand in the future. i'm not saying every team should have a full top, but it wouldn't kill anyone to have your skirt/shorts cover your entire butt and be extra sure that you're uniform doesnt show any cleavage or have a bra hanging out, that's just trashy.

exactly! maybe we should all rethink our uniforms and stop ourselves now before it gets waaaaay out of hand in the future. i'm not saying every team should have a full top, but it wouldn't kill anyone to have your skirt/shorts cover your entire butt and be extra sure that you're uniform doesnt show any cleavage or have a bra hanging out, that's just trashy.

see...I dont look at it like that...If you think of it like diving...or gymnastics...or ballet.....they only wear this outfit in an auditorium filled with kids just like them....most put their warm ups on and go home....it really isnt that big a deal...and I have two girls...10 and 14....dancers, actors....lots of people dress funny in their element....my kids do not run around town or school or church in their cheer uniform...everything has its place...IMO

so i've decided that a good way to decide if a uniform is "too revealing" is to step back and look at it and think "if a girl was to wear this with heels instead of sneakers, would she look like a stripper?" if the answer to this question is yes, then u should reconsider your uniform choice :)

haha!

I am going to politely disagree....almost ANY cheer uniform with high heels would be stripper worthy....especially half tops...:)
I have to agree with @lakerfantlc. And not just because she is an awesome mama!;) If you take a Cali, a Maryland Twisters or a TX Cheer uniform (which I believe are the classiest unis!) and put on heels with them, they would resemble something a stripper would wear....Anytime you add a crop top & heels together, you're not going to get a clean cut look. The only way to make sure a uniform isn't to "stripper-ish" is to have everyone in long pants & long sleeved shirts. :)

Too late to edit my other post: I don't agree. My daughter has done everything from cheer to pageants to gymnastic to dance and there have been outfits that I wouldn't let her step out of her bedroom in, let only wear in public, but because she was putting on a show/preforming, I allowed her to wear it. In pageants, if there was a swimwear categoric, she put it on in the privacy of our room, put on a robe or some type of cover up to walk around the hotel in, and then once she got into the ballroom, she able to take it off. Same thing with cheer. Uniform goes on in the room, warm-ups go over it and she is allowed to remove them in the auditorium. Now would I let her run around in a crop top cheer uniform or a pageant swimsuit at school or church? Absolutely not! Everything has a place and time and she knows that. In fact, she is more modest that most of her friends and classmates because she knows that there is a time & place for everything. And why punish everyone, because a few, push the envelope? Maryland twisters and Cali have shown us that they make beautiful classy, crop top uniforms. Why should they be forced to wear full tops?

I have to agree with @lakerfantlc. And not just because she is an awesome mama!;) If you take a Cali, a Maryland Twisters or a TX Cheer uniform (which I believe are the classiest unis!) and put on heels with them, they would resemble something a stripper would wear....Anytime you add a crop top & heels together, you're not going to get a clean cut look. The only way to make sure a uniform isn't to "stripper-ish" is to have everyone in long pants & long sleeved shirts. :)
haha i actually put on my uni with gogo boots at home cuz i was bored, its a total hooker outfit! it was quite funny

I under stand theres a time and place for everything, but I do think some teams have taken it too far, like some Skirts aren't even skirts any more! They're little Strips of fabric across that barely cover their butt. Or even the new Crop top style where it kind of looks like a bathing suit? Fifty years ago cheerleaders wouldn't have been caught dead wearing that :) haha. But yes I understand times have changed....

Just on a side note, I wish people would stop complaining about full tops. Do you see what School cheerleaders have to wear to compete? A body liner AND then a Thick polyester Shell. Talk about over heating after competition... :)

Back