All-Star New Worlds Venue Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What sports have their World Championship in the exact same place every year?

Little League World Series and College World Series (which isn't..."world," I know) are the only two that immediately come to mind. I guess you could also add in NCA College Nationals and UCA College Nationals as well.

World Juniors for ice hockey rotates every year, Irish Dance Worlds (probably the closest comparison to the USASF Worlds) changes locations every year but has generally stayed in Europe. USA Hockey rotates the locations for its national championships each year, and it's not exactly easy to qualify. NCAA Hockey changes regional and championship locations each year.

The main difference is at these rotating championships, minus Irish dance, it's mainly one team/country or region.

I've gone to worlds with my mom for the past 4 years and I guess it's become a tradition. She's adamant that instead of the USASF busing to Wide World of Sports, they could bus to Amway Center (where the Orlando Magic play) to solve the capacity issue, completely disregarding Mickey's price tag in her eyes. Something's telling me she wouldn't make it online, one day... All but one year we've gone as cheap as possible, stayed off the mouse house property, didn't buy park tickets, and got around airfare this past year. But maybe for the people who don't want to let go of worlds being in 'perfect sunny Florida' Amway could be a possibility.

Personally, I could do Los Angeles, I could do Atlanta, as long as there's a chance of me attending. I just hope that everyone can make it work and have the experience, especially our foreign friends :shaka:

My thing is, personally I think the whole "Disney/entertainment" thing is kind of a turn off... yes, let's face it, everyone loves Mickey and a good time, but these kids are here to COMPETE at WORLDS, not go on vacation. Now, from a business perspective I will say, it is freaking smart. cater to the families of these kids, and why not bring the whole family along and make it a vacation? but when you get down to it, that's not why these kids are going. they are going to win worlds medals.
I think it needs to be moved to a venue that is strictly meant for sporting events. Keep the kids focused on the real reason they came. I know many people will disagree with me, but at this level, the focus should be more on the competition itself.
There is a sports complex in Georgia that is in the works currently called Lake Point. When I say in the works I mean literally just opened last month, still breaking ground. They haven't started on any of the indoor facilities yet, but a few years down the line this play will be HUGE. If it turns out to be as big as its suppose to be, I think that it will be exactly what worlds needs.
LakePoint

My thing is, personally I think the whole "Disney/entertainment" thing is kind of a turn off... yes, let's face it, everyone loves Mickey and a good time, but these kids are here to COMPETE at WORLDS, not go on vacation. Now, from a business perspective I will say, it is freaking smart. cater to the families of these kids, and why not bring the whole family along and make it a vacation? but when you get down to it, that's not why these kids are going. they are going to win worlds medals.
I think it needs to be moved to a venue that is strictly meant for sporting events. Keep the kids focused on the real reason they came. I know many people will disagree with me, but at this level, the focus should be more on the competition itself.
There is a sports complex in Georgia that is in the works currently called Lake Point. When I say in the works I mean literally just opened last month, still breaking ground. They haven't started on any of the indoor facilities yet, but a few years down the line this play will be HUGE. If it turns out to be as big as its suppose to be, I think that it will be exactly what worlds needs.
LakePoint
The LakePoint website says the indoor facility will have stadium seating for approx. 5,000. That's already not enough seating.

The LakePoint website says the indoor facility will have stadium seating for approx. 5,000. That's already not enough seating.

hmm thats interesting, considering it was compared to the WWOS and they said it would be able to hold way more. well that is quite misleading and disapointing..

Just as a side note, the International Cheer Federation has been holding another World Championships for many years now and has held them all over both Europe and Asia. Worlds (USASF) is so American based that they won't move it from somewhere that is making them an amazing profit and I'm pretty sure Disney has some say in the too, since it make them so much money as well.

I believe too the the ICF Worlds are on a dead floor (less all-star style, as they feature country based teams - more like ICU) and Ive heard rumors of teams being prohibited from competing at USASF Worlds if they participate at ICF. I could be mistaken in that though. I will say though that some of the teams I've seen compete there on video blew the comparative ICU teams out of the water those years. Go watch some Team Japan action as those little ninja girls are insanely amazing

I am just incredibly shocked that there is even another National cheerleading competition besides UCA. I'm surprised that all 350+ nationals haven't gone out of business bc of their lack of proximity to Disney World.

How in the world do Cheersport and NCA attract close to 2000 cheer/dance teams to such pathetic cities as Atlanta and Dallas?

Worlds could be in an arena in the middle of a cornfield in Iowa and the teams would still come. All the teams would have a blast going through the corn maze on their down time.
Hey! Iowa isn't that bad I promise!;)

I honestly think that I will be a little sad if I don't ever get to experience competing at worlds in WDW

Personally I do not like Disney, did not like it for Pop Warner, family vacays, Worlds, Summit etc, Disney is not a vacation spot I would pick! Never has been. Give me a Six Flags anytime!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back