All-Star Nfinity "vengeance" Vs. Varsity "last Pass"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

the only thing so far with the vengeance is the bases my daughter has complain that they are slippery when they are stunting, there is NO ankle or heel supportand no inner soles, they do look good and are lighter but my child says she will wear her evolutions to cheersport!

I haven't actually examined any Last Pass shoes up close but I have heard from a couple of flyers that the bottoms are 'pointy' (no, I have no idea what they mean) and that it hurts their hands when they grab a heel stretch...

My child's vengeance are already coming apart. 2 weeks later...89.99..I will be calling..

My child's vengeance are already coming apart. 2 weeks later...89.99..I will be calling..

From what I heard this is one of the reasons why Varsity decided to create their own shoe. Too many complaints about the Nfinity shoes falling apart and having to replace them too often. I advice my kids to not get any of the Nfinity shoes because they are designed to fall apart during the season, they aren't meant to last. All Stars is expensive enough they don't need new shoes every year.

From what I heard this is one of the reasons why Varsity decided to create their own shoe. Too many complaints about the Nfinity shoes falling apart and having to replace them too often. I advice my kids to not get any of the Nfinity shoes because they are designed to fall apart during the season, they aren't meant to last. All Stars is expensive enough they don't need new shoes every year.
I wouldn't say that they're designed specifically to fall apart... people wouldn't keep buying them if that was the case.

Well Varsity didn't do such a hot job if that was their goal. My team has had them since december and towards the end of march or so they started to fall apart. On mine the entire bottom part is peeling off, one girls toe is coming through the bottom cause all the rubber is wearing away, and some peoples base grips that are on the side are detaching from the shoe.

I don't think ANY company (Varsity OR Nfinity included) could design a shoe that weights 3.9 ounces for the purpose of extreme cheerleading (Allstar specifically) and have it last forever. Basically, the heavier the shoe, the longer it would last. We all know tumbling in heavy shoes is not ideal. Nfinity's shoes are light weight and still built for comfort.

Nfinity is THE LIGHTEST shoe on the market, no matter what advertisements say. Nfinity also has rubber reinforcements and more reinforcements aligned with high stress points and also fits comfortably in your hand.

B.S. aside - I would much rather buy a pair of shoes from a SHOE company, NOT a Uniform Company.

I wouldn't say that they're designed specifically to fall apart... people wouldn't keep buying them if that was the case.
I would really love to believe this is true, however, after a conversation with Tate about this a few years ago at a competition, he confirmed it. Heres how the convo went....(Of course not exact since it was at least 4 years ago)
Tate: What shoes does your program wear?
Me: Nike
Tate: Why not ours?
Me: A few of my girls got them, and they fell apart after one season, and they stretch out pretty quickly.
Tate: Think about competition runners, they replace their shoes after almost every run. Our shoes are designed after shoes made for other sports like this, you can't get a shoe that is this light and expect them to stay together for more then a year.

@marianicole1216, That sucks that your shoes started to fall apart!

Rudags, I completely agree that I would rather buy a pair of shoes from a shoe company. That's why we go with Nike.

I don't think ANY company (Varsity OR Nfinity included) could design a shoe that weights 3.9 ounces for the purpose of extreme cheerleading (Allstar specifically) and have it last forever.

Agreed! However, I also don't think the product justifies it's premium price. If you're going to treat a product as disposable, then the price should be set accordingly.

Indirectly related to the topic, my CP hates her Vengeance and loves her Phoenix. So now I'm buying up multiple sizes of them before their gone! A couple vendors have these discounted to $50, which I find to be a more appropriate retail price. The current pair has managed to last 2 yrs and counting without a hole *just* yet.

Agreed! However, I also don't think the product justifies it's premium price. If you're going to treat a product as disposable, then the price should be set accordingly.

Indirectly related to the topic, my CP hates her Vengeance and loves her Phoenix. So now I'm buying up multiple sizes of them before their gone! A couple vendors have these discounted to $50, which I find to be a more appropriate retail price. The current pair has managed to last 2 yrs and counting without a hole *just* yet.
where have you found the discounted phoenixes? I need to stock up before they are gone!

where have you found the discounted phoenixes? I need to stock up before they are gone!
Varsity had a few sizes, and Cheer and Pom(?). I just Googled for the shoes. Eastbay has them, but still at the retail price. Lol...probably shouldn't have mentioned it till, I was all stocked up :eek:

I had the Phoenixes and I hated them, they were way too heavy so I switched back to my Evolution's. Then because I made NCA staff, we are required to wear the Varsity shoes that are very similar. AT first I couldn't stand them because they were quite a bit heavier in my opinion, but now I really like them because they are solid but still light enough to be able to tumble and stunt in. But I still prefer my Evolution's because they are my "lucky" shoes :cool: even though I refuse to wear them anymore because it's hard switching back and forth between the shoes!

I would really love to believe this is true, however, after a conversation with Tate about this a few years ago at a competition, he confirmed it. Heres how the convo went....(Of course not exact since it was at least 4 years ago)
Tate: What shoes does your program wear?
Me: Nike
Tate: Why not ours?
Me: A few of my girls got them, and they fell apart after one season, and they stretch out pretty quickly.
Tate: Think about competition runners, they replace their shoes after almost every run. Our shoes are designed after shoes made for other sports like this, you can't get a shoe that is this light and expect them to stay together for more then a year.

@marianicole1216, That sucks that your shoes started to fall apart!

Rudags, I completely agree that I would rather buy a pair of shoes from a shoe company. That's why we go with Nike.

This doesn't mean that they are designed to fall apart. like Rudags said, they are a lightweight, high performance shoe. Shoes, no matter the brand are not meant to last forever. Especially shoes designed for athletics. The new Nike running shoe for instance is only designed to last for 100km (62 miles).

When you look at cheerleading you can't look at it like most other sports. While basketball and football only last a few months each year, cheerleading now typically lasts from June through April with only the month of May off. HS football typically only lasts for 5 months and these athletes replace their shoes every season which would be twice a year in a cheer season. Basketball Athletes typically have a practice pair of shoes and a game pair for each season (HS and AAU). That is 4 pairs a year in Basketball. So when you put into perspective your cheer shoes lasting one season is longer than most sports.

I have spoken to many cheerleaders that have had their Evolutions and their Phoenix shoes last at least 2 years and as I said in another post, I spoke with Britni Love in Miami a few weeks ago and she has been in her same pair of Vengeance all season long.

I understand where you can be frustrated, but I hope you understand that no shoe (with the exception of maybe Nike's MayFly shoe) is designed to only last a certain amount of time.

Back