One Handed Tumbling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

those are so hard. and they freak me out because i cant balance my weight evenly on my one arm and i think im going to break it everytime

I know a girl who broke her hand during the routine and did her tumbling pass one handed. I don't know how it ranks with difficulty, but it's definitely handy if you were to break an arm! ;)

When I tore my rotator cuff I competed in a sling and tumbled one handed. I only did a punch front RO layout, so I didnt actually use that arm all that much.

I know the my gym always taught 1 handed bhs at to level 3 kids as a specialty pass. We always considered it the first step to doing a whip: BHS, 1 handed BHS, Whip.

I saw a girl at a competition last season tumble one handed. She had a HUGE elbow brace on and did a bunch of round off tucks.

I need to learn to tumble one handed! Except I messed up my left elbow, and I tumble to my left... so I would have to switch to my right. And even thinking about it boggles me.

I saw a girl at a competition last season tumble one handed. She had a HUGE elbow brace on and did a bunch of round off tucks.

I need to learn to tumble one handed! Except I messed up my left elbow, and I tumble to my left... so I would have to switch to my right. And even thinking about it boggles me.

I'm in the same boat. I'm totally down to learn one-handed tumbling, but I'm a lefty and I got surgery on my left shoulder T_T

.....sooo anyone have tips to switch tumbling sides? XD

You can definitely tumble to the left using your right arm (and vice versa). It would take practice - you'd have to start with cartwheels/roundoffs because it would fundamentally change the power dynamics of your tumbling, but it can definitely be done. When I first was taught how to tumble one-handed, I learned how to use both hands independently. It really does alter the physics of your tumbling because you're reaching farther before you get any power return, but like anything, you can do it with muscle memory.

Back