All-Star Opinions Needed On Team Name - Offensive???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Don't get me wrong, to each his own, I have found in life that the people who get the most upset have no reason, more non-Indians get mad about nicknames than those with Indian in their blood. This could be because most Americans are so interlaced with so many different cultures. I don't consider myself anything but human. Once again, to each his own, my opinion is there are way more issues to discuss and fix like why have we made a full irrelevant ;)

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!
lol you took the words right out of my mouth. Exactly how I feel.

Fried twinkies? Fried Coke? Fried Kool-Aid? Fried BUTTER?

...only in the South.
Nope, not only in the south. You can find all those things and more (well maybe not fried Coke and Kool-Aid) at the Wisconsin State Fair! Deep fried maple bacon cookie dough, anyone?
ETA: There are also tons of food on a stick that you can get too lol

Nope, not only in the south. You can find all those things and more (well maybe not fried Coke and Kool-Aid) at the Wisconsin State Fair! Deep fried maple bacon cookie dough, anyone?
ETA: There are also tons of food on a stick that you can get too lol
....Like vegetable kebabs lol. I don't like the taste of hypertension.

Weird question but since we're on the topic of food - do you guys have tablet and black pudding/haggis in the US?

Just interested since we don't have kool aid or twinkies and some other things you mentioned!

I do not think it is offensive what so ever, if many parents are complaining about it being offensive then maybe it might be best to change the name. For now I think it's alright.

Weird question but since we're on the topic of food - do you guys have tablet and black pudding/haggis in the US?

Just interested since we don't have kool aid or twinkies and some other things you mentioned!

We do have Kool Aid girl, you just need to know where to look ;) I reckon people may have heard of Haggis but that is strictly a Scottish thing lol. I'd be hard pressed to find it in London.

How do you fry coke?!

We do have Kool Aid girl, you just need to know where to look ;) I reckon people may have heard of Haggis but that is strictly a Scottish thing lol. I'd be hard pressed to find it in London.

How do you fry coke?!

Whereeeee?! I want to try it!

Tablet never heard of. Black pudding or haggis - only if it is an Irish or Scottish restaurant/food store. Otherwise not too common here. We also do not get most of the Cadbury candies that you have over there - Crunchie Bars, Smarties, Flake, etc. - but they do have them in Canada.

Whereeeee?! I want to try it!

World Food Aisle in any good/big Asda or Tesco.

However if you live somewhere that doesn't have a big Indian/Bangladeshi/Pakistani/African community, your world food aisle will probably be small/won't exist.

Tablet never heard of. Black pudding or haggis - only if it is an Irish or Scottish restaurant/food store. Otherwise not too common here. We also do not get most of the Cadbury candies that you have over there - Crunchie Bars, Smarties, Flake, etc. - but they do have them in Canada.

Tablet is so good!! Is basically all sugar and your teeth feel sore after one bite but hey!
It melts in your mouth... yum.
295e6pf.jpg

World Food Aisle in any good/big Asda or Tesco.

However if you live somewhere that doesn't have a big Indian/Bangladeshi/Pakistani/African community, your world food aisle will probably be small/won't exist.

Where I am from there is a big Polish community but not many others. We do have a world food isle but all I've seen is Hersheys, Pop Tarts and Nerds - i'll have a closer look next time I'm in! Thank ya!

Latest posts

Back