All-Star Opinions Needed On Team Name - Offensive???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Weird question but since we're on the topic of food - do you guys have tablet and black pudding/haggis in the US?

Just interested since we don't have kool aid or twinkies and some other things you mentioned!

if by black pudding you mean blood sausage (idk if theres another definition of black pudding?), yes. though i've only seen it on menus at irish pubs.

@Jennie What does it taste like (the flavor)?
Most are flavoured with vanilla if you image vanilla icing/frosting or something like that. Very very sweet.
Once "melted" in your mouth it can have a similar texture to vanilla frosting actually.

@njallday yep thats black pudding. blood sausage is just a much more literal term haha! (sorry if thats too graphic for any vegetarians etc)

Most are flavoured with vanilla if you image vanilla icing/frosting or something like that. Very very sweet.
Once "melted" in your mouth it can have a similar texture to vanilla frosting actually.

@njallday yep thats black pudding. blood sausage is just a much more literal term haha! (sorry if thats too graphic for any vegetarians etc)

hah yes, just making sure! i once said black pudding and someone thought i meant chocolate pudding.. :rolleyes: two VERY different things. so just checking! but yeah its at irish pubs and i know the butcher we go to sells it... i haven't seen it in a mainstream grocery store ever, but i suppose you could ask the meat dept. it's kind of a staple in our house along with bangers and mash, coddle and colcannon, though i do not eat pork... or pigs blood lol but my family does!

hah yes, just making sure! i once said black pudding and someone thought i meant chocolate pudding.. :rolleyes: two VERY different things. so just checking! but yeah its at irish pubs and i know the butcher we go to sells it... i haven't seen it in a mainstream grocery store ever, but i suppose you could ask the meat dept. it's kind of a staple in our house along with bangers and mash, coddle and colcannon, though i do not eat pork... or pigs blood lol but my family does!

Do y'all eat Spotted richard and Toad in the Hole too?

ETA: Lol at the FB censor! Spotted D!ck

Do y'all eat Spotted richard and Toad in the Hole too?

ETA: Lol at the FB censor! Spotted D!ck

haha those, we do not! whats a toad in the hole? i swear I'm actually american :oops: lol colcannon is delicious, though. everyone should eat it.

haha those, we do not! whats a toad in the hole? i swear I'm actually american :oops: lol colcannon is delicious, though. everyone should eat it.

Do you guys know what a Yorkshire pudding is? It's sausages in massive Yorkshire pudding. Google it.

blood diamonds? its not offensive... it's just weird or it seems like someone is trying too hard to get attention, like when celebrities tweet stuff like "free gaza" knowing that they'll take heat for it and probably couldn't locate gaza on a map. if someone is honestly trying to stick with the theme, "black diamonds" and "white diamonds", it would only seem logical to go with "red diamonds". why think of and choose "blood".

Tablet never heard of. Black pudding or haggis - only if it is an Irish or Scottish restaurant/food store. Otherwise not too common here. We also do not get most of the Cadbury candies that you have over there - Crunchie Bars, Smarties, Flake, etc. - but they do have them in Canada.
How do you live without crunchie bars. They're my all time favorite.

ETA: since were on the topic of food and I don't want to double post. All human beings, and some dogs, should experience donairs and poutines. Best things ever.

Last edited:
How do you live without crunchie bars. They're my all time favorite.

ETA: since were on the topic of food and I don't want to double post. All human beings, and some dogs, should experience donairs and poutines. Best things ever.
I never even knew they existed until I began dating my boyfriend now husband back in college. His mom is from Ireland and his aunt lives in Canada so between his relatives I got to experience the holy grail of candies.

Poutine is delicious. Donairs? Enlighten me.

I never even knew they existed until I began dating my boyfriend now husband back in college. His mom is from Ireland and his aunt lives in Canada so between his relatives I got to experience the holy grail of candies.

Poutine is delicious. Donairs? Enlighten me.
Donairs are Greek, but were first made in halifax. It's a really thick pita topped with sliced lamb meat - depends on where you get it from though - cooked on a spit, with donair sauce - condensed milk, garlic, and other yummy stuff - mozzarella, onions and tomatoes. I make a killer donair dip, but I use ground chicken because I won't eat beef or lamb.

ETA: took me forever to find a picture of one that's realistic but not disgusting looking
21e0zme.jpg

You're supposed to eat it like a wrap but they're far too messy so I use a knife and fork.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back