All-Star Please Pray For Omar

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The Top Gun family is in my prayers as they mourn their losses. It's amazing what an impact cheerleading can have on somebody's life.

(Also, I will pass on the link to purchase t-shirts to the UCA Staff Facebook group page in hopes of more donations)

I would like to order a tee, but I noticed the FedEx shipping deal...which is half the cost of the shirt itself. I would like a shirt, but would prefer if I'm going to spend $37, more of it go to Omar's family. Anybody know if there are other shipping options?
Good Question.....I will see if they have other shipping options.

If you want to make a donation does anyone know who to make the check out to? I am assuming I should send it directly to Top Gun.
Make Checks Out to Heart for Cheer and mail to
HEART for Cheer, C/O Carlos Carrera and Omar Moreno, PO Box 880125, Boca Raton, FL 33488

My heart has just been ripped in half. I'll be wearing as much black and gold as possible in school tomorrow. Stay strong Jag nation. The cheer world is here for you </3

From Kristen Rosario (and written to all Top Gun Parents & Athletes)

My Dearest Omar,
I woke up yesterday with anger & pain in my heart. I couldn’t seem to figure out how I was going to find the strength to explain to your fellow teammates & Top Gun family something that even I couldn’t understand. I didn’t know how I could possibly face your parents & tell them anything that would even remotely comfort them. So I set off to the hospital hoping that somehow, someway, I would be able to get through what was about to be one of the hardest days of my life.
Then, when I arrived, I spoke to your sister & she updated me on the severity of your condition. I felt like the very air had been sucked out of my lungs & that the earth stood still. I was lost. I kept asking myself how I was going to be the leader that the gym needed me to be when I couldn’t even stand up straight & pull myself together... and then, it happened…
Your mother, (what an amazingly strong woman) came to me at what must have been the worst moment of her life, and asked me if I would be gracious enough to give her your Top Gun uniform so that you could be buried in the clothing of the place that you were most happy. At that moment my words failed me, I couldn’t react, I couldn’t breathe, I could only cry. To think, that I helped start something 19 years ago that could mean so much to you and in return that meant so much to them. Then, she proceeded to tell me that she’s never seen such an amazing display of love & affection from a group of people as she did from our program in the past 2 days.
Now, as if that was not enough, your father approached me next & shared with me how you had chosen to be a donor because wanted to save as many lives as possible from your one.
It was at that moment that you gave me the strength I needed to continue pushing forward. I realized how blessed I am for doing what I do & for being able to have shared in yours & so many other lives.
Thank you for teaching your teacher!
Rest in peace my angel,
Coach K
Dear Top Gun Family,
As I am faced with what has probably been one of the most heart-wrenching weeks of my life, I am reaching out to ask anyone that has been touched by Omar & his life to please help his family at their time of need. Currently, it is going to cost an unexpected $10,000 for his services, so his family will be grateful with any help we can offer. We will be collecting all donations from today till Friday when his viewing will take place at the Funeraria Memorial, 9800 Coral Way, & then followed by his final services at 6200 SW 77th Ave. We will be sending out more information with times as soon as it is available to us.
Thank you for all your prayers as they were answered for those lives whom Omar has saved.

I am also in the process of putting a Tee on our proshop in which all proceeds will go to the families of Carlos and Omar as well.

Is there someone specific I can contact regarding this. My husband used to work at vault/casket company and used to set up funeral services. Even though it's been a little over a year since he worked there, he worked there for 7 years and when my mom died they automatically upgraded her vault w/o even asking my father (keep in mind this wasn't my husband's immediate family). I can't make any promises, but perhaps he can see if there's a way the vault and/or casket can be purchased at cost.

I really want a shirt, but I'm not going to pay $57 for shipping to Scotland. Praying for everyone at Top Gun and Omar's family.

im glad im not going to the funeral because for one i cant handle things like that but i also couldnt stand to see all of large coed in there white uniform. i would literally break down and cry just from that, and then to see drew give him his worlds ring and to see omar in his uniform would break my heart. my sincerest prays and thoughts are with large coed at this time

Someony started an event called ,,Cheerleaders in Europe praying for Omar and Topgun Allstars'' , the plan is to meet up at our biggest competiton on saturday and take a picture together with as many cheerleaders as possible! If it works out the pic will be posted on Facebook!

Saw on twitter that he's officially tumbling in heaven now and he's saved 6 lives in the process. I'm praying that those six make speedy recoveries and are able to carry on with long and eventful lives thanks to Omar and his family....and maybe randomly throw a standing full in the grocery aisle :)

I just wanted to give an update on where we stand..

First and foremost thank you to everyone who has prayed, waited anxiously, hoped and just been there with our entire program during these times. At 7:30 this morning Omar donated his organs and is finally resting peacefully. We're going to miss him but take great pride in knowing that his donation is going on to save the lives of 6 others across the country including the mother of a former Coed athlete who now coaches in South Fla.

Its been quite the crazy few days but were going to pull through.

Fund wise we are actually to the point where we are anticipating being able to cover all of Omar's funeral expenses and we know that is largely in part to all of you and and the sacrifices each of you have made to help us through this. His family knew the impact cheer had on his life...but never expected anything like this and are beyond appreciative.

To answer a few questions: Yes, Omar will be buried in his uniform and yes, coed will be present at the funeral in their uniforms to see him off on his final journey.

For those who inquired about International Shipping we now have a site up and running that has more affordable international rates.
CLICK HERE

From the bottom of our hearts...Thank You...Go Jags!

Back