All-Star Positives And Negatives Of 2011 Worlds (the Event, Not Teams)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't really know about the other Disney park, but if everyone wants to change things up, worlds could actually go to the other Disney park in California. I'm not sure if it has a place to compete and such but just a suggestion lol.

I have been to Disney Land in California and it in no way compares to Disney World in Orlando. It comes off as being much smaller.

This may be a silly question, but why not move it outside onto one of the fields? You could set up a concert-like stage with appropriate coverage in case of rain. If it rains, spectators can buy a poncho with Mickey or Minnie on the back. The holding areas could be a series of climate-controlled tents so the competitors don't have to deal with the elements. If it is hurricane-like conditions, or the forecast is just plain miserable, move it back inside.

Let's hear why it would be a bad move to have it outside.

I think this is a good idea and would probably be more accommodating to larger amounts of people. However I don't see Disney agreeing to this. Who knows what the field would look like after all of those people being on it!

Oh my Gosh!!! Those bugs were the worst part about being there this year!!! Try laying out by the pool, while those love bugs were around!!!!:eek::confused::mad:
ughhh i bet! and there super ugly /: so gross. we dont have bugs the swarm like that! ^-^

I'm personally not a big fan of Disney and it's in no way a drawcard for me to go to worlds. The prestige/name of Disney means they can (and do) charge ridiculous fees for accommodation, food etc. As an international kid, the cost to get to worlds is crazy. For my open coed team we're looking at $80k, minimum (and that's a low estimate). There's no offer of full paid bids, obviously. We want to go to worlds to compete at worlds, not for the mouse. Remember that most of the international teams are adults as well, the mouse dust doesn't hold the same appeal for (most of) us. I don't know much about other American cities but I would be happy going almost anywhere if it reduced the cost. I'd seriously cry for days if we won a bid for 2012 and couldn't raise the cash. It's a very real possibility though and it's in the back of all our minds every time we hit new skills and get closer to our dream of qualifying.

But you know what's not far away from Disney? Harry Potter World! We could just apparate there, pay for one room and use an undetectable extension charm so our whole team can fit. Oh, and a butterbeer would go down a treat after competing.

It might solve the issue, but it would take away from the event. People from places like Ecuador wont be nearly excited to compete in a convention center compared to the milkhouse.
Are you from places like Ecuador? If not, how do you know they wouldn't be as excited to compete in a convention center?

The reason the program ran late on Day 1 was because of issues with at-large teams. Just about every team either vomited on the mat or hurt themselves, where the staff had to tend to the problem which caused delays as early as 9am!

And I agree with something someone said earlier. Put these at-large teams at Josten and move some of he more "qualified" Worlds international teams over to the Milkhouse. I didn't appreciate sitting there all day and watching advancing teams compete at least 3 or 4 times that day. I would have preferred seeing other teams, especially the more advanced international teams.

Unruly fans? Glad I didn't sit near them. I just happened to have sat with F5 fans and BOTH of us jumped and screamed when BOTH teams performed.

I forgot.... the bugs!!!!!! and the smell, even Olive Garden smelled musty.

Saving seats, didn't appreaciate finding someone sitting on my purse and food, because there's no seaving seats. Seriously, I got up to watch my daughter and it took me 20 min to get back to my seat with everyone standing near the sound booth. I was there at 6:30am, I will need to get up at some point! Never got my seat back, but got in a huge argrument. Some people have no manners when it comes to disabled people. I actually thought of calling the Fire Marshall, but at the rate the Milk House was going we'd still be there.

positives:
  • seeing all the amazing teams!
  • meeting cheerleaders from around the world and trading with them- everyone was so nice and friendly!
  • the energy in the room when cea, wcss, f5, topgun and other teams performed
  • the weather- it was so niceee!
  • soo much more- it was my first worlds and it was probably the greatest experience of my life :)
negatives:
  • soooo many people- finding seats was so hard
  • the seating area was really gross- there was old food lying around every where and the floor was so sticky. i made the mistake of wearing my competition shoes after we went on and they got gum all over the bottom and i had to spend the next 3 hours cleaning them :/
  • love bugs.... blehh
now for my thought on disney- i actually loved that it was held there! im from an international team and while im american and can speak english alot of other people on my team couldn't and it was really easy for them to get around. also we had to pay alooooot of money for that trip and having it a disney gave us a lot to do, and made is more like a mini vacation where we definitely got our moneys worth!

Negative:

The awkward interviews RIGHT AFTER the teams got off the mat in Semi and Large senior. Some people did really well, but mostly it was just awkward. Like....these people JUST walked off the mat. Give them a few seconds to watch their routine, get water, catch their breath, and then you can talk. And it was heart breaking trying to listen to the teams who dropped or who didn't do well fight back tears. =(

I don't know, I just thought it was a little awkward.

skeyeee said:
negative- 1. the lights went out on marlins!!!!!
2. everytime marlins had to go again for the second time that day, they made them start the whole way from the begining. they could have at least not judged them up to wear they stopped.

The second routines weren't judged either day until the point of interruption. We had to go full out so that we weren't performing the last half of or rouine "Fresh" to be fair to the other teams.. Although idk if I'd call going again in less than an hour fresh haha but hey, we did it and other than Breas knee.. I wouldn't change a single thing. <3

Negative:

The awkward interviews RIGHT AFTER the teams got off the mat in Semi and Large senior. Some people did really well, but mostly it was just awkward. Like....these people JUST walked off the mat. Give them a few seconds to watch their routine, get water, catch their breath, and then you can talk. And it was heart breaking trying to listen to the teams who dropped or who didn't do well fight back tears. =(

I don't know, I just thought it was a little awkward.

Yeah, that was a bummer for many teams to be talking, and positive to only see a stunt drop, or tumble fall, and to still be Positive. That was hard to watch. at least give them a couple of minutes to catch their breath!

Back