All-Star Prayers To Those In The Path Of Hurricane Sandy...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We lost several HUGE tree's one missed our house by maybe a foot...I ended up in the hospital. I always manage to make my self sick in moments of great stress. I went in through emergency on Wednesday...and got out today! So excited to be home and have power. Most of my town is down...trees every where. Driving is like going through a maze of blocked roads...it's ridiculous. Looks like a war zone or a very large tornado plowed through town sparing some and devastating others. We had very little rain but the winds were frightening. The lines for gas are miles long and I am really afraid someone is going to get shot if they dare cut in line. Praying for everyone. Tempers are short...I need bread and I am down to my last gallon of milk but not bad enough to go looking for some.

cheercurl Hope you are feeling better! It's still very crazy out here on Long Island as well. I cannot imagine the kids going back to school Monday; there are still streets blocked with fallen trees and power lines. Still no power but hanging in there.

It's Saturday night in northwest NJ and I haven't had power since Monday at 8:00 pm. I have a generator so I have a few lamps and I wired my heat Thursday so that is running off the generator. I have friends who have lost everything so I know that I really don't have it bad but it's not fun.

If anyone on this board from NJ needs anything feel free to reach out to me and I hope everyone is safe and able to find a warm place to sleep at night.

first time online since monday.. no power still. our home and family are fine.. just the minor issues that we certainly can deal with in light of the suffering others are dealing with. I finally got to see some of the pictures of the shore as we have had no TV.. it's so sad. Even realitives in their 80's have never seen anything like this in NJ in their lifetime. We have not had school all week with damage to our high school. hopefully they will open by Wednesday. We have tons of trees and power lines down and trouble getting gas but this will soon pass. rebuilding the shore will be tough.. looking forward to getting on my feet so I can start to help others in need.

first time online since monday.. no power still. our home and family are fine.. just the minor issues that we certainly can deal with in light of the suffering others are dealing with. I finally got to see some of the pictures of the shore as we have had no TV.. it's so sad. Even realitives in their 80's have never seen anything like this in NJ in their lifetime. We have not had school all week with damage to our high school. hopefully they will open by Wednesday. We have tons of trees and power lines down and trouble getting gas but this will soon pass. rebuilding the shore will be tough.. looking forward to getting on my feet so I can start to help others in need.
I was talking to my dad about this and he said the same thing not in his lifetime has he seen anything like this before...Parts of NJ, LI, NYC, CT SI are devestated. They are saying it could take up to 2 or 3 years to get life back to where it was. Sad...

Latest posts

Back