Pros And Cons Of Trying To Remain Anonymous On The Board

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Haha I'm not cheering anymore soooo yea I totally don't have a problem

ETA: I'm retired haha

I never really have been a one to be concerned about being anonymous (current avi is only due to a comment I made that someone thought was funny). Only once or twice have I posted negativity about my CP's former gym, although I may have been wrong in posting it.....I felt better posting here than on Facebook (where all kinds of drama would have started). And I never posted negativity until AFTER she was bullied out of that gym.

There are some people that have had some problems with people here and NEED to stay anonymous. They only time my Fierce Board has spilled into my life was when "creepy shoe guy" tweeted to me (after getting my old Twitter name from here) a copy of a post I made about him.

I do however keeps good tabs on CP when in public, especially comps because I am not real secretive. And I could only wish someone would steal my identity and pay my bills (lol).

I don't know how old you are, but if you are still young, please be careful anywhere on the Internet!!

Guess you didn't want a book, sorry!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone An Apple a Day Keeps the Android Away

I never really have been a one to be concerned about being anonymous (current avi is only due to a comment I made that someone thought was funny). Only once or twice have I posted negativity about my CP's former gym, although I may have been wrong in posting it.....I felt better posting here than on Facebook (where all kinds of drama would have started). And I never posted negativity until AFTER she was bullied out of that gym.

There are some people that have had some problems with people here and NEED to stay anonymous. They only time my Fierce Board has spilled into my life was when "creepy shoe guy" tweeted to me (after getting my old Twitter name from here) a copy of a post I made about him.

I do however keeps good tabs on CP when in public, especially comps because I am not real secretive. And I could only wish someone would steal my identity and pay my bills (lol).

I don't know how old you are, but if you are still young, please be careful anywhere on the Internet!!

Guess you didn't want a book, sorry!

The age thing is valid! I'm actually in college, but when I was younger I wasn't really anon but I was less open.

That being said I am also a criminal justice major training to be a cop and I am about to buy a flashlight taser haha. And I tend not to go anywhere sketchy without at least one of my knives and I try not to go alone.

But my point there is that since I know I post alot on the Internet, I make sure that I take care of myself. I know the risks very well so I make sure that I know what I am doing.

If you do plan on giving out any kind of info online, please be careful! And if you choose to meet someone irl that you met online, make sure that you Skype them first and only meet them in a public place with other people.

I hope I clarified haha =)

The age thing is valid! I'm actually in college, but when I was younger I wasn't really anon but I was less open.

That being said I am also a criminal justice major training to be a cop and I am about to buy a flashlight taser haha. And I tend not to go anywhere sketchy without at least one of my knives and I try not to go alone.

But my point there is that since I know I post alot on the Internet, I make sure that I take care of myself. I know the risks very well so I make sure that I know what I am doing.

If you do plan on giving out any kind of info online, please be careful! And if you choose to meet someone irl that you met online, make sure that you Skype them first and only meet them in a public place with other people.

I hope I clarified haha =)

I wasn't trying to 'mother' you or say you didn't make good choices. I just worry about everyone and would truly hate to see anyone I knew as a victim on any of the million of true crime shows I watch!!

Haha it totally fine! I understand! I watch all the crime shows too and like I said I'm a criminal justice major! I wasn't so much trying to counter you as much as I was trying to complement your post =) I really just want everyone to be safe as well! Hence wannabe cop =p

I am somewhat anon due to my CP's gym frowning upon posting on social media. Its not really a secret, its just out of respect for her gym.

You can stay anon if you truly want, but at some point from my perspective you have to prove your credibility. I remember just watching posts by acedad and sharkdad and never knew who they were. I knew acedad had something to do with ace:).. But it wasn't until I got involved in the parent action committee did I find out exactly who they were. There was one user who tried to be anonymous, but their posts were strange, they just struck me wrong in a creepy way. So I messaged them privately to ask who they were and they gave me some bulls#*t story of how they couldnt tell me so I blocked them. If you can never reveal yourself maybe this isn't the forum.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Let everyone know who you are. I've been reading the boards for years and finally decided to "show my face" :)

Brittany Dill❤
Formally Known as
Co-Owner of Fierce All Stars

As some have already said the decision to be anonymous mostly depends on your age (minor/adult) and your gym's preferences.

Don't post anything that you would be afraid to sign your name to and have sent out to everyone you know including the gym. There is no real privacy here. Eventually if you post enough, you will usually be figured out; especially if you post something another poster doesn't like. People love to read between the lines like minor detectives to determine each persons identity.

Sounds a little scary but it's how it is here so just be aware of the consequences. I never tried to be anonymous and typically speak pretty freely. A few bumps along the way but I would do it the same way again.

Back