Pros And Cons Of Trying To Remain Anonymous On The Board

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As some have already said the decision to be anonymous mostly depends on your age (minor/adult) and your gym's preferences.

Don't post anything that you would be afraid to sign your name to and have sent out to everyone you know including the gym. There is no real privacy here. Eventually if you post enough, you will usually be figured out; especially if you post something another poster doesn't like. People love to read between the lines like minor detectives to determine each persons identity.

Sounds a little scary but it's how it is here so just be aware of the consequences. I never tried to be anonymous and typically speak pretty freely. A few bumps along the way but I would do it the same way again.

I've been here for a few years and I think I was pretty anonymous at first - but I agree - you'd be surprised at how quickly little details add up. What competitions you're going to, if you're going to worlds, etc. I don't even really keep it a secret anymore. I've never said my name (well last name anyway), but it's pretty easy to look through my history and see which gym and team I'm on.

I think at one point I was able to figure out which gym MamaSlapAHoe belonged to from twitter. And then I *think* I figured out which fierceboard user she was. Don't know if I'm right, and I can't even remember who it was, but it's not hard to go through a poster's history and pick up little details.

Back