All-Star Restricting Tumbling To Your All Star Gym Only??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well, I am a Mom whether you choose to believe that our not. You can break down my comment and that is fine. You can try to spin things anyway you want. For your information, the "Barbie" stuff came from parents of your old gym and anyone on here who knows you should know what it really means. Say it was for your niece, that is fine because I'm sure you wouldn't want people to think you would do something like that but by denying it, well, it just shows me that you know it's wrong. At the end of the day, I could care less about the "Barbie" stuff and I understand that this forum is a good way for coaches/parents to have productive conversations. But my intention was not to be negative, you've already done that by posting emails and making fun of buses and burgers. What I DO care about is how this can hurt the kids in these gyms. My child and the other children don't deserve this. That goes for any gym for that matter. You start coversations that always come back to a gym that you obviously don't like for whatever reason. I just think you should consider how you would feel if you were a parent and someone posted emails from your child's gym and bad mouthed a place that they love and people that they love. You have no problem expressing your thoughts about other people/places but for one parent to stick up for a gym, you jump all over them. If you stop and think about the kids for one second and how this could affect them, I would appreciate it. I'm not saying that you are a bad person because I obviously don't know you but I just wish people would be supportive of eachother. So, hate me for speaking out, that is fine but at the end of the day I just really want this all to end and for the focus to be on the kids and the sport.

Ok, I have to comment on this. To start with, I asked about DJ's neice, he never said the Barbie was for her.. never. Secondly, why is Barbie an issue now. I just saw pictures of the ECN awards banquet where the parents gave the gym owners Barbie and Ken.. was it wrong then or just funny, everyone was laughing in the pictures I saw. Everyone expresses thoughts and opinions here, that's what this is.. Meanj comments on EVERYTHING lol.. he does not discriminate. I don't think there is one person here who does not care about the kids and the sport. That is why we're here to begin with. We do care. Also. since there is an age restriction on here, I would guess that if this board or discussion affects them, their hearing it from a coach, a parent, a gym owner not reading what people think on the boards. Can we move on now and get back to a discussion and not making it about one person.

#theawkwardmoment you COULD care less about a Barbie doll.

Last time I checked Meanj had not thrown out personal attacks towards a person but it seems you want to throw out insults. If you want things to be taken in a mature way please be mature in your posts. You say you do not know Meanj so you can't call him a mean person but you basically tried to throw out insults towards him. If you dont know him then stop judging him because he posted a silly e-mail that should have been handled inside the gym anyway.

I found this thread interesting so let's get back to its original purpose so it doesn't get locked. And cheermama it isn't wrong he posted it. It was a public email if they don't want it read then don't send it out. So getting back on topic... I cheer for Twisters that two hours from my house. And I tumble elsewhere to achieve the goals that my team has set for eahother. You can get hurt walking down steps. So going to tumbling somewhere more convient or helpful is a risk, yes, but the whole point is to further YOUR teams talent. IMO.

I don't particularly care if this thread gets back on track or not, but my suggestion is if you really want it to stay on topic don't mention meanj or cheermama in your post...just saying...

I found this thread interesting so let's get back to its original purpose so it doesn't get locked. And cheermama it isn't wrong he posted it. It was a public email if they don't want it read then don't send it out. So getting back on topic... I cheer for Twisters that two hours from my house. And I tumble elsewhere to achieve the goals that my team has set for eahother. You can get hurt walking down steps. So going to tumbling somewhere more convient or helpful is a risk, yes, but the whole point is to further YOUR teams talent. IMO.

Agreed about getting hurt anywhere. The very first time cp was casted...incorrectly landing a toe touch at a large, very well-respected gym. Was it the gym's fault? Absolutely not. Same year, a girl on cp's team hurt herself jumping on a desk at school.
Last season, a girl on our team hurt herself and ended up on crutches for part of the season by falling down the stairs at Jamfest Indy. We also had a girl injured in an ATV accident, and one girl another season was injured in a car crash. Oh and the one hurt at the ice skating party. And yes there was a trampoline accident with another girl. Does this policy mean if you have a trampoline at home, your athlete is not allowed to use it? I CRINGE every time my child leaves in the car with her new driver's license. Now matter how much you would like, you cannot put the kids in a paranoia filled bubble!

Well, I am a Mom whether you choose to believe that our not. You can break down my comment and that is fine. You can try to spin things anyway you want. For your information, the "Barbie" stuff came from parents of your old gym and anyone on here who knows you should know what it really means. Say it was for your niece, that is fine because I'm sure you wouldn't want people to think you would do something like that but by denying it, well, it just shows me that you know it's wrong. At the end of the day, I could care less about the "Barbie" stuff and I understand that this forum is a good way for coaches/parents to have productive conversations. But my intention was not to be negative, you've already done that by posting emails and making fun of buses and burgers. What I DO care about is how this can hurt the kids in these gyms. My child and the other children don't deserve this. That goes for any gym for that matter. You start coversations that always come back to a gym that you obviously don't like for whatever reason. I just think you should consider how you would feel if you were a parent and someone posted emails from your child's gym and bad mouthed a place that they love and people that they love. You have no problem expressing your thoughts about other people/places but for one parent to stick up for a gym, you jump all over them. If you stop and think about the kids for one second and how this could affect them, I would appreciate it. I'm not saying that you are a bad person because I obviously don't know you but I just wish people would be supportive of eachother. So, hate me for speaking out, that is fine but at the end of the day I just really want this all to end and for the focus to be on the kids and the sport.

For someone to get so defensive you have to be far more then just a mom ...just saying and if so woried about defending the words of email why write it...and if you were so suportive of other cheer programs then you would have more parents ,coaches owners coming to help defend you or or gym alot have come back and agreed with meanj Just saying:cool:

I think cheermama has a LOT of coaches language and propaganda in her posts.I'm a coach so I know how they think and what they say. Just sayin.

I think cheer momma4 is a bit long winded with nothing much to add on the subject just busy doing damage control being as the email became a subject of conversation among the cheer world and they are unable to just stand behind the email and accept the fall out where ever the cow chips may fall.

taxidriver said:
I think cheer momma4 is a bit long winded with nothing much to add on the subject just busy doing damage control being as the email became a subject of conversation among the cheer world and they are unable to just stand behind the email and accept the fall out where ever the cow chips may fall.

At this point, I couldn't agree more. I see damage control going on everywhere now. Here and on Facebook

But my intention was not to be negative, you've already done that by posting emails and making fun of buses and burgers. What I DO care about is how this can hurt the kids in these gyms. My child and the other children don't deserve this. That goes for any gym for that matter. You start coversations that always come back to a gym that you obviously don't like for whatever reason. I just think you should consider how you would feel if you were a parent and someone posted emails from your child's gym and bad mouthed a place that they love and people that they love. You have no problem expressing your thoughts about other people/places but for one parent to stick up for a gym, you jump all over them. If you stop and think about the kids for one second and how this could affect them, I would appreciate it. I'm not saying that you are a bad person because I obviously don't know you but I just wish people would be supportive of eachother. So, hate me for speaking out, that is fine but at the end of the day I just really want this all to end and for the focus to be on the kids and the sport.

The point of your earlier post was not to be positive. You were very upset, obviously, and maybe that clouded your rationality.
How could posting an email and having a discussion regarding a written policy hurt your child or other children in your gym? If @ocbeaches is correct, you, nor any other gym affiliate is supposed to be on the boards anyway. So does your comment imply that your program just trolls the boards looking to police the ECN-bashing?
Yes, you obviously do know meanj because you wouldn't have brought up some really random Barbie stuff if you didn't.
Lastly, Hi, Passive-Aggressive. My name is Grown-Up. Nice to meet you.

I
The point of your earlier post was not to be positive. You were very upset, obviously, and maybe that clouded your rationality.
How could posting an email and having a discussion regarding a written policy hurt your child or other children in your gym? If @ocbeaches is correct, you, nor any other gym affiliate is supposed to be on the boards anyway. So does your comment imply that your program just trolls the boards looking to police the ECN-bashing?
Yes, you obviously do know meanj because you wouldn't have brought up some really random Barbie stuff if you didn't.
I do have a copy of the email that addresses socal networking and the restrictions on that.. I'm not posting any of the emails I have since no one is saying what has been said is not true, just that they want it to stop. So I have no reason to show the documentation behind what I say.

I

I do have a copy of the email that addresses socal networking and the restrictions on that.. I'm not posting any of the emails I have since no one is saying what has been said is not true, just that they want it to stop. So I have no reason to show the documentation behind what I say.

If they need to make such rules about socal networking then I think they need to teach more about sportsmanship and no bullying to there staff, kids and of course lead by example...I always have this means on forums such as this ,Facebook, as well as compatitions venues as well they havent always been so nice unless they were busy recuriting from other programs

In the words of Central Jersey All Stars..
"The Girls Can't Take my Attitude.. The Girls Can't Take What I Can Do"
"Roughly 10 Post & Still Off Track? HaHaHa You're Back!"

I will use the same format to reply to your message as before.
"Let's get'em girls.. Just get' em girls.. meanj's on the (attack)"
"Post for Post, accept you've lost - these other girls get SNATCHED."

Well, I am a Mom whether you choose to believe that our not.
I've already broken down and supported my disbelief of your parenthood. Furthermore, the language that you evoke in both this post and your previous teeters between gym tense and personal tense, so I can't tell whether you're speaking as a gym owner or representative or a "parent" as you purport. Anyhow, I don't think we need to revisit this issue.

You can break down my comment and that is fine.
I find that with your novel-like posts that seem to be intertwined in circles and knots that you've tied yourelf up in that breaking it down is the best way to sort through what you're meaning to say and what is really coming out in your written post.

You can try to spin things anyway you want.
I work in the cheerleading industry not that basket weaving industry. I speak out on a wide range of topics. The problem that you and many that agree and stand with you are that you can't handle the truth. Realism is something that I embrace, I just wish that many would be realistic and not purport to be something that are not. In the industry and in life, unrealistic goals, outcomes, and hopes often only setup those subscribing to it for mass dissapointment when success is not achieved and failure takes its place.

For your information, the "Barbie" stuff came from parents of your old gym and anyone on here who knows you should know what it really means.
Imagine that, disgruntled parents in this industry! You don't say? This would be a first that I'm hearing of someone leaving a gym and then talking about their old gym to get in good with the new one. (incase my sarcasm is not evident to you, please do not take the previous statement seriously.)

Say it was for your niece, that is fine because I'm sure you wouldn't want people to think you would do something like that but by denying it, well, it just shows me that you know it's wrong.
This statement is irrelevant to the issue, per your next issue below.

At the end of the day, I could care less about the "Barbie" stuff and I understand that this forum is a good way for coaches/parents to have productive conversations.
Then why are you talking about Barbie? if you're hoping for some blasting reaction from me, you won't get it.

But my intention was not to be negative, you've already done that by posting emails and making fun of buses and burgers.
In your previous post, you said I kindly posted the emails, please decide what you mean. And for your information, I did not post the Bus email, please review that email posting.. I think the thread is called, "This is how we roll???" but, again I realize you're new here and that was a few days before your time.

What I DO care about is how this can hurt the kids in these gyms. My child and the other children don't deserve this.
Like I said previously, I am not your friend nor do I know you. Where have I directly attacked the children? I'm not sure what you're suggesting, but if the policies which are that of the gyms are hurting the children, that is on you to re-evaluate and handle on your own.

You start coversations that always come back to a gym that you obviously don't like for whatever reason.
This comment doesn't make any sense, how can I conversate with myself. For whatever reason? Perhaps for the right reasons.. as I said in my first reply to you in Post #1 - this board operates using examples - I cannot help the fact that the examples used happen to be ones that you do not approve of or find hurtful.

You have no problem expressing your thoughts about other people/places but for one parent to stick up for a gym, you jump all over them.
You jumped on me like a trampoline, and I cut your springs that is all. Just know, I write my replies with bitten tongue, it could have been much worse and yes, hurtful for you if I had not thought about my replies to you? (anyone can confirm that last statement for you)

If you stop and think about the kids for one second and how this could affect them, I would appreciate it.
Again, see my comment a few posts up - this will clarify that my posts on this board do not attack kids. They merely make discussion out of policy that you have agreed to. On second thought, if you're a "Mama" why are you posting here. 1. You've been put up to it and given permission, or 2. You're not really a "Mama" as you suggest, or 3. You're in violation of one of the policies that have been posted on here that has come from your gym.

I'm not saying that you are a bad person because I obviously don't know you but I just wish people would be supportive of each other.
I'm glad that we've establised that you're not calling me a bad person, because 1. You don't know me? even though above you suggested you do, 2. I support those who deserve my support.. (ask around, you'll see that I can be a nice person)

So, hate me for speaking out, that is fine but at the end of the day I just really want this all to end and for the focus to be on the kids and the sport.
I unlike you, do not hate someone I don't know. The viable topic affects the kids, and that is why it was so popular.

In closing.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0grXKc3-c0

shimmy times a zillion! mama soooo smart!

Latest posts

Back