All-Star Rockstar Cheer founder Scott Foster died today by suicide.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am so disappointed.
CEA Raleigh Local News Coverage

RICO FEDERAL SUIT
This article says they are being sued by the government under RICO statutes with possible criminal charges later. What are RICO standards and how do they apply here? I always thought RICO was used for mob bosses.
My guess is they are framing this lawsuit as racketeering (desceptive business dealings) by stating athletes were being taken over state lines, drugs and alcohol were provided, with the intent to abuse.
Source

Gym owners and Varsity are cheap. They don't want to spend the money for extra, high tech security to protect young children. The sad thing is that the equipment is so cheap now. You can put cameras in every room that run into your phone for about $200.
I'm starting to think that if these gyms don't care enough about your kids to spend what amounts to change to secure them, why should you care about them?

Don't get me wrong, I believe cameras can help, but they won't stop predatory behavior. Nothing will protect kid's better than parental physical presence, their awareness of what predatory behavior really is, and monitoring every gizmo and gadget that connects to their internet.

"Caring" about your child, "sharing" your parental/employer concern for their success and safety, is what predators do. They are masters of deceiving employers, co-workers, parents, friends, and children by making them believe they are kind, concerned, and trustworthy (they use the same techniques as serial killers for perspective). They make you question certain behaviors, because they do "care" about you and your kid so much.

"I noticed ____ is struggling with _______ . Do you mind if I work with them for a few minutes before or after practice to see if I can correct that? I'd love to be able to put them upfront for the _______ sequence."

A copy of the lawsuit is available to any member of the public who is willing to pay the $0.10 per page copying fee. Law and Crime, a news organization founded by Dan Abrams (former Nightline anchor, ABC news analyst, former host of LivePD) has obtained a copy of the document and uploaded it here:

The lawsuit is being brought in federal court because RICO is a federal law. The person suing is a male athlete from Cheer Extreme Raleigh who is bringing the suit anonymously as "John Doe" because he was a minor at the time of the sexual abuse described in the complaint. (based on the info given about Doe, he is now over 18). This is a civil lawsuit to recover monetary damages. It is not a criminal prosecution brought by the government. RICO lawsuits do usually describe criminal offenses, so it is not uncommon for the government to start investigating after a lawsuit is filed to see if a crime did actually occur. Here, John Doe says in his lawsuit that he was sexually assaulted as a minor. I would not be surprised if local prosecutors begin investigating the matter as well.

RICO comes into play for things like:

You knew that XYZ coach was doing XYZ thing and rather than reporting it, you arranged with another CEA location for them to work there instead and just kind of quietly “fired” them. You are now conspiring with another owner/location and are part of a suspected criminal enterprise.

Ex: CEA Raleigh receives abuse complaint from parent about Charlie Coach. Instead of investigating it, they keep it hush and talk to CEA Kernersville or CEA Salem or even as far as another state like CEA Florida (which this is just an example but do not forget, these owners are related and they talk so it’s not difficult for them to hypothetically do) about having him coach there and he just magically disappears and reappears coaching at another location the next month. If claims are substantiated, you have now aided and abetted abuse across state/county lines as an organization because if you had acted ethically in the first place, this person would have 1 alleged victim instead of several.

My guess is they are framing this lawsuit as racketeering (desceptive business dealings) by stating athletes were being taken over state lines, drugs and alcohol were provided, with the intent to abuse.
Source

Don't get me wrong, I believe cameras can help, but they won't stop predatory behavior. Nothing will protect kid's better than parental physical presence, their awareness of what predatory behavior really is, and monitoring every gizmo and gadget that connects to their internet.

"Caring" about your child, "sharing" your parental/employer concern for their success and safety, is what predators do. They are masters of deceiving employers, co-workers, parents, friends, and children by making them believe they are kind, concerned, and trustworthy (they use the same techniques as serial killers for perspective). They make you question certain behaviors, because they do "care" about you and your kid so much.

"I noticed ____ is struggling with _______ . Do you mind if I work with them for a few minutes before or after practice to see if I can correct that? I'd love to be able to put them upfront for the _______ sequence."
I’ve seen this said so many times, but in order even gain access to the kids in order to abuse them, the prey on/groom PARENTS first.

The “oh my gosh, so good she’s literally the next ____” or “yesss little sis I love you.” The extra privates. The little notes like the ones you said above it, it preys on the parent first. There are parents who love the coach attention almost as much as the kids do. They love feeling like their kid is THAT kid in the gym/on the field who the coaches love. Perverts know that. They know exactly who will literally drop their kid off for a weekend to “practice cheers at a sleepover” if it means their kid is front row and the coaches fawn over them. If they didn’t know these things, they wouldn’t get away with this for so long.

It’s also how they can literally be sitting there getting sentenced and still have families defending them in court with character references.

They are just that good at being monsters.

Another lawsuit
IMG_1747.PNG

Attachments

• California Cheer Lawsuit.pdf
    393 KB · Views: 14
Back