All-Star Rumorville- F5 Going Medium

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

With 6 ( ?) worlds teams, I have a hard time believing they can't stay large.

I agree. I'm sure with having so many level 5 teams that they would cut one of the others to keep F5

Plus this rumor has been out since right after worlds... Way before they even knew how many kids would be trying out.

Y'all think these teams will continue in their same division when they know there's a better division for them? It's called strategy, friends. Teams won't stay large because fangirls love the large division. Gyms do what is best for their gym each season. I hope they do what's best for their gym this season and best of luck to everyone!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

A large all girl team isn't a team that you form just for fun. Or at least I hope. The big five in this division make the team as competitive as possible in order for the best chance of survival and success. Does twisters have the talent for large all girl? Definitely. But, is it the smartest move? Only they can decide. I for sure don't care wherever they go - its not the first time a team has left this division before and slaughtered another division (Yes I'm talking about you BABS). Either way, they're still going to be phenomenal and give their competitors a big run for their money.

F5? Medium Senior?! NO MA'AM PAM!!!!! I need all 36 of my divas on the floor in 2014! I'd say dissolve Reign before F5 goes medium. Sorry fellas :(

Reign is going into its 10th season and has consistently placed in the top 10 for Medium Coed and Small Coed since 2009. Most notably, placing 5th in the most competitive division in 2012 & 2013. Why would they dismantle a team that has its own legacy?

I wouldn't be surprised if some teams changed sizes. I'd be shocked if F5 was trimmed first, as it is their premier team, but I wouldn't bat an eye if Weathergirls went/remained small and if Reign went small coed.

This isn't 2007, the focus is not on a premier team; but rather on creating multiple teams capable of winning their divisions. The move to medium will not be based on the lack of level 5 athletes, but on the ability to create the most skilled teams. The scoresheet's only getting harder, why stretch to get standard ranges with a team of 36 when you can score in the high ranges with a team of 30?

For someone who spends so much time on the boards, I'm surprised you couldn't figure out such simple logic.

Reign is going into its 10th season and has consistently placed in the top 10 for Medium Coed and Small Coed since 2009. Most notably, placing 5th in the most competitive division in 2012 & 2013. Why would they dismantle a team that has its own legacy?

This isn't 2007, the focus is not on a premier team; but rather on creating multiple teams capable of winning their divisions. The move to medium will not be based on the lack of level 5 athletes, but on the ability to create the most skilled teams. The scoresheet's only getting harder, why stretch to get standard ranges with a team of 36 when you can score in the high ranges with a team of 30?

For someone who spends so much time on the boards, I'm surprised you couldn't figure out such simple logic.
I totally agree with everything you said, and the way you said it.... Except the last sentence. That seemed a bit brash. Perhaps it wasn't intended to be ;)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

This is by far the best response I have read. I wish I could shimmy this repeatedly.

Yup, pretty much.

Reign is a consistently strong team. Why on earth would you even consider getting rid of a great team for the benefit of another?

As far as F5 and the possibility of going medium, if that's where Tara and True feel they'll be most competitive, that's where they'll be. They have multiple level 5 teams at that gym. The goal should be to make EACH of them as competitive as possible.

Honestly, I have been an F5 fan since I first discovered All Star. If they go medium, great. If they stay large, great. If they don't exist...not great. I don't care what size they are, as long as they exist.

Back