Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
Why or why not?

I vote no.
1. There are already enough janky singles and doubles out there, we don't need anymore craptastic tumbling. More people do them horribly than do them well. As a judge I'm more impressed by a beautiful single than a jacked up double.

2. We don't need to add more difficulty that will add to injures. When I see triples I think "Oh my ACL!"

I think a lot of guys would be able to do it. Was just watching a vid of Rob Divo on facebook, and he does specialty to triple no problem.

I can see this being an issue in terms of instruction. There are enough bad doubles out there. Now you add in triples, and those little gyms would be really struggling to compete.

If they can be done well, why not? If they won't be done well, then no. I think eventually the evolution of allstar will force "us" to come up with SOMETHING eventually, more than a double (obvi I understand allstar didn't invent the triple, I just mean as far as competition goes).

I agree that many boys (and a few select girls I am sure as well) can do them...but I think OVERALL, this is a bad idea. As stated above, there are SO many nasty/dangerous fulls and doubles already being thrown out there, I think you add triples to the mix, you are more than asking for torn ACLs to become even more prevalent. I just think we need to get more creative in the specialty passes. And allow those to evolve more and be perfected.

I vote no.
1. There are already enough janky singles and doubles out there, we don't need anymore craptastic tumbling. More people do them horribly than do them well. As a judge I'm more impressed by a beautiful single than a jacked up double.

2. We don't need to add more difficulty that will add to injures. When I see triples I think "Oh my ACL!"

And oh my doctor bills.

I actually think the injury rate on triples would be a lot lower. It is a LOT easier to throw a janky full and land than a janky double and land. Thats why ratio wise I think there are a lot less janky doubles than singles (notice I didn't say numerically). I think the barrier to entry (meaning the ability to even attempt a triple) is so high you would not see as many as you would think that are janky. Incomplete maybe, but janky no.

To me it goes back to the argument that doubles were unsafe for college so they just limited them to fulls. But I saw way to many unqualified people trying fulls as compared to doubles.

I actually think the injury rate on triples would be a lot lower. It is a LOT easier to throw a janky full and land than a janky double and land. Thats why ratio wise I think there are a lot less janky doubles than singles (notice I didn't say numerically). I think the barrier to entry (meaning the ability to even attempt a triple) is so high you would not see as many as you would think that are janky. Incomplete maybe, but janky no.

To me it goes back to the argument that doubles were unsafe for college so they just limited them to fulls. But I saw way to many unqualified people trying fulls as compared to doubles.
it would be too hard to throw a janky triple cuz with bad form u wouldnt make it around

a lot of doubles that are performed seem to be taken right off the floor, crossed ankles, etc. so although the percentage of athletes that SHOULD be working triples would be low, it wouldn't stay that way. then i also feel like this could snowball into yet another division. large senior advancedadvanced where triples are allowed, the regular level 5 with doubles, then restricted. i'd vote fr triple downs before triple fulls. they're a lot easier to teach and more gyms will be able to perform those than triple fulls making it a more even playing field. although a pretty double down seems to be pretty rare as well.

i think the way cheerleading is moving its going to happen... its just a matter of when. there was a point where the majority of level five teams were fulling. now in order to be competitive you need numerous 'mixi' passes to a double. there was a time when the best of the best had a couple standing fulls, now look at how many f5 has.... as well as whitney and angel's STANDING double. every team steps it up every year in order to remain competitive, and we keep setting the bar higher and higher, even the underdog teams. eventually I believe triples will become legal, starting off with the big coed team's boys throwing them, and then eventually they will be like how doubles are looked at now.

I would say no. There has been such a quiet effort to minimize the need for truly qualified tumbling instructors that I can see lots of unnecessary injuries resulting. Teaching triples is a whole another realm. Takes many gymnasts a good amount of time to master them if at all. We don't have the "patience" necessary to push that envelope open. Technically speaking a double back tuck is easier to throw and land safely than a triple full. And I am not advocating for double back tucks in cheer at all.

I would say no. There has been such a quiet effort to minimize the need for truly qualified tumbling instructors that I can see lots of unnecessary injuries resulting. Teaching triples is a whole another realm. Takes many gymnasts a good amount of time to master them if at all. We don't have the "patience" necessary to push that envelope open. Technically speaking a double back tuck is easier to throw and land safely than a triple full. And I am not advocating for double back tucks in cheer at all.

Curious of the 'quiet' effort. Do you mean the the percentage based scores in to improve stunting?

Back