All-Star Running Triple Fulls

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Double back injuries can be broken necks compared to triple full injury of ACL. Also, in gymnastics there is only one person on the floor when the gymnast is throwing their double back, no one to run into, run you over, or fall in front of you.

I'd say triple fulls over double backs, and double backs never. My daughter was in gymnastics for 14 year and I think I only saw 2 or 3 triple fulls ever competed.

As in the vid posted falling flat on face and neck is also very much possible on triple fulls. I was watching a gymnast last night at one of our tumbling locations and she was working triples. She was doing 2.5 to her face as well, or spinning her legs directly into the ground. I cringed every time she landed. Now this was an athlete that has been trained for years and has a sense of spatial awareness. She was never lost in the skill; just not landing it.

I can not see cheerleaders on a whole being able to do this skill. Not based on the current structure of the industry in regards to tumbling. Of course you have the few that could. I have a couple if it were allowed that could possibly do it if we allowed them to. I have others who would attempt it because it was legal just for the challenge. But because a few can do it, does not mean the majority should or be allowed to do it.

In my life I have done one accidental triple by the grace of God! I couldnt do it on a normal bases and soon as you add counts...sweet baby jesus there goes my acl.

on a side note: I did a standing 2.5 off a tumble track once...I died and someone has it on video...I must find that because yall will die of laughter

so if we add an Open 4, I could definitely see adding triple fulls and double backs to level 6.

It would make it a truly elite level and differentiate level 6 and level 5 tumbling. Obviously we aren't going to have squad triples or double backs anytime soon, but it would make for some amazing last passes.

it kind of worries me that some people were saying that if they were judges they would score a specialty to full higher than a janky double although on a lot of score sheets you're supposed to reward the difficulty to the double full regardless, and then knock the execution. i hope that's what they meant. just saying if we're really looking at it fairly and from the score sheet perspective.

it kind of worries me that some people were saying that if they were judges they would score a specialty to full higher than a janky double although on a lot of score sheets you're supposed to reward the difficulty to the double full regardless, and then knock the execution. i hope that's what they meant. just saying if we're really looking at it fairly and from the score sheet perspective.

They had better be following the way the scoresheet/rubric is written, and not inserting their own personal bias towards any certain weighting of skills/factors. If not, then they should not be judging.

They had better be following the way the scoresheet/rubric is written, and not inserting their own personal bias towards any certain weighting of skills/factors. If not, then they should not be judging.

Trust me everyone scores according to the score sheet (which ever one is being used that weekend...there are so many to choose from!). When I said "I would score higher" I also stated that it was if all skills were performed to perfection, so it takes away the "done well vs sloppy" issue. That said...yes a well done full will still score better than a sloppy triple, because you score both skills for completion and then deduct for the error. Also, sometimes if a skill is so jacked up, you can't score it for completion!

i feel as if cheer doesnt have enough practice time to allow some of these athletes to get to that level to be able to throw those skills.... maybe if gyms added a few hours a week to their current practice schedule then maybe more athletes would improve their current tumbling skills and more athletes would be able to throw either a double back/triple full! I feel that is where we lack as a sport compared to gymnastics when it comes to the tumbling technicalities of skills being thrown.

I hear what you are saying. IMO this has always been the Achilles heel of tumbling in cheerleading. It encourages the janky skills thrown (whether they be back handsrpings, layouts, fulls or double fulls) as a numbers game for difficulty and then hoping and praying you don't get hit on execution on all of the janky ones. or you argue yours were less janky than someone elses. So in order to be competitive janky skills are too often allowed to be thrown in order to have a chance at scoring well in that area. So to me why are we on one hand de-emphazing tumbling yet at the same time pushing difficulty?

I hear what you are saying. IMO this has always been the Achilles heel of tumbling in cheerleading. It encourages the janky skills thrown (whether they be back handsrpings, layouts, fulls or double fulls) as a numbers game for difficulty and then hoping and praying you don't get hit on execution on all of the janky ones. or you argue yours were less janky than someone elses. So in order to be competitive janky skills are too often allowed to be thrown in order to have a chance at scoring well in that area. So to me why are we on one hand de-emphazing tumbling yet at the same time pushing difficulty?

that's a question for the people making the rules. i'm just trying to follow them and would hope that judges score based off of the score sheet. there are more doubles thrown now more than ever before and not all of them are janky. are all of them text book perfect...of course not but there is a difference between a double that lands short and then one that's just cruel to watch. there are gyms that are teaching the right technique and throwing beautiful tumbling and i think they should get rewarded for that as well. we have to consider the minority as well as the majority.

that's a question for the people making the rules. i'm just trying to follow them and would hope that judges score based off of the score sheet. there are more doubles thrown now more than ever before and not all of them are janky. are all of them text book perfect...of course not but there is a difference between a double that lands short and then one that's just cruel to watch. there are gyms that are teaching the right technique and throwing beautiful tumbling and i think they should get rewarded for that as well. we have to consider the minority as well as the majority.
No disagreement there.

Toni Brovinski from WCSS just got her triple on blue floor and its beautiful. (not saying that should make it legal, i just like the timing of the video popping up on facebook)

I would have to say no...Elite gymnasts train 30+ hours a week for triples and double backs and elite cheerleaders train what, 10-12 hours a week? The only way I would say yes do it, is if cheerleaders start training 30+ hours. Another than that, it not safe, for the kid or the coaches.

Back