All-Star Running Triple Fulls

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think maybe in a few years they would be a good idea. Right now I think some teams are still struggling to catch up on tumbling, but average tumbling skill is constantly progressing so we're going to have to allow more sooner or later.

I say no:
The level of gymnast that would attempt a triple is high (I believe at least a level 10) To get that high, these kids train their whole lives. They have perfect technique, body control, and form. We have kids now that have layouts and fulls and can't do a back walkover. Instead of creating new and more dangerous skills for advanced cheerleaders to perform, I would rather see coaches slow down the learning process to begin with and focus more on correct skill progression.

is there a video?!?!
I don't think so, but I'll try to talk him into doing it next time he is there. The quad on springs was incredibly difficult/dangerous, even for Tye. The 0,1,2,3 pass didn't seem like that big a deal to him.

this isn't a video of that, but it does have him doing a few triples, and a kick quad on tumbl trak.
it's one of my favorite videos to watch. he has such beautiful tumbling. i've watched this so many times and been so inspired by him.

I do not believe that form issues would be a problem with triple fulls. I do not think that it is possible to do a triple on the spring floor without proper technique.

People are still doing janky fulls. There is this obsession with wanting to see higher skilled stuff all the time. As soon as more people are getting their double, you start thinking triples and beyond that. I'm that way with stunts(; But, I'm still amazed seeing a really pretty back handspring haha

Back