All-Star Running Triple Fulls

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How about flipping (double backs) rather than twisting (triple fulls). I'm not an expert but flipping seems safer on the knees than twisting. I know there are also possible problems (risk of injury) with double backs but just want to throw it out there.

Double back injuries can be broken necks compared to triple full injury of ACL. Also, in gymnastics there is only one person on the floor when the gymnast is throwing their double back, no one to run into, run you over, or fall in front of you.

I'd say triple fulls over double backs, and double backs never. My daughter was in gymnastics for 14 year and I think I only saw 2 or 3 triple fulls ever competed.

maybe im just weird but.....id try a triple full WAY before i attempt a double back. those scare me soooo much when people do them.

I'd say if triples were going to be legalized, you keep them straight triples. Roundoff triple or roundoff bhs triple. Nothing specialty triples. Or put them only in level 6 and International Open 5.

I would love to see triple fulls in cheerleading. In terms of safety, I do not see a triple full as any more dangerous than a double punch double.

.....However, I think there not nearly enough qualified people in the industry to teach/spot those to make it worth the risk for them to be legal at this point.
I think this is just asking for more injuries and agree with BlueCat. Then I looked some up on youtube, and this was the first video...ugh!

i can do them on tumble track i wouldnt try them on floor. i say yes sounds fun! maybe a standing triple :p

as a gymnast i was training double backs even though it was like 5 levels above mine i always excelled in tumbling hence why i went to cheer but i love double backs but they are hard to spot. i broke my coachs thumb while he was spotting me

i had the worst experience ever with a double back, but truthfully, it was easier for me than a double full.

i over rotated and smashed my knee into my face. chipped my kneecap and had to have surgery to remove the chip that lodged UNDER my kneecap. cracked a tooth in half and had to get a crown once i turned 18. knocked my hips out of alignment, and now my back has developed a slight curve. and busted my ear drum. all in one shot. it's a fun story to tell.
all on the first time i attempted it. how lovely. i'm terrified to watch anyone do one now.

Back