Running Tumbling : Fulls!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 4, 2012
i need help on how to learn how to full, ill take any tips and drills to help that i can get my hands on. the un-cheerworld worldwideweb isnt that helpful.. please help!!!

What really helped me get my full was to think about pointing my toes the whole time! When I point my toes it kinda requires the rest of my body to stay tight, which is essential. also, experiment with the different techniques for initiating your twist.

Technique and conditioning are your best friends. It took me forever, but the good thing is I learned it the right way. Your full is a layout, with a twist added in, so don't forget to get a very strong set and pull your toes up and hit a layout before you begin to twist. You should have a solid layout before you work fulls, it will be easier on your body and easier to gain the skill. After you hit your layout (arms up in the set, and toes up) you wrap for the twist, your coach can show you ways to spin and you'll find out the ways that work best for you. Remember to exercise your core (abs and obliques especially) it makes twisting easier and those muscles are essentially what do most of the work while spinning.

Here's something from Debbie Love's website that's very useful, she also has many conditioning tips that will aid in core strengthening for twisting. Good luck! :)
Skills: Full | For the "Love" of Tumbling

Back