All-Star Sandbagging

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here's another scenario. We have a huge lot of level 3 athletes tumblewise, bulk are newly acquired skills. Plus our group of level 2 tumblers mastered .The concept is to go 4.2 while level 3 tumblers perfect their tumbling this season. Theory: have a 4.2 with strong tumbling, rather than a weak 3 in tumbling. Thoughts?
Not sandbagging. If the level 3 skills aren't solid they shouldn't be level 3.

So, new teams have just been posted: Small Jr 2 has 18 athletes, 3 cross-over on Y 1, 6 cross-overs are also on Sr 3 and 2 cross-overs are Jr 5; Jr. 5 has 16 athletes with 6 cross-overs on Sr 5 and 10 cross-overs on Jr 3; Jr 3 has 28 athletes with 10 cross-overs on Jr 5; Jr 5 has 17 athletes and all cross-over, 6 to Sr 5, 9 to Jr 3, and 1 to Jr 2

Sandbagging or smart coaching??? Mind you this is an extremely large gym who should not even need few cross-overs if any at all.
To me, this is INSANITY and I would be looking for a new gym. This many crossovers means that the future of most of these teams depends on the athletes/parents committing to the crossover teams as much as their "base team". Unfortunately, as we see too often, the lower level teams will suffer at the expense of the L5 ones. JMO

To me, this is INSANITY and I would be looking for a new gym. This many crossovers means that the future of most of these teams depends on the athletes/parents committing to the crossover teams as much as their "base team". Unfortunately, as we see too often, the lower level teams will suffer at the expense of the L5 ones. JMO
Since my gym only had 3 teams for the 15-16 season the youth team had 14 athletes altogether but 1 crossed over for juniors. Juniors had 13 athletes altogether but 6 crossed over for seniors while seniors had 14 athletes altogether. (youth was level 1, junior was level 2, senior was level 2)

So, new teams have just been posted: Small Jr 2 has 18 athletes, 3 cross-over on Y 1, 6 cross-overs are also on Sr 3 and 2 cross-overs are Jr 5; Jr. 5 has 16 athletes with 6 cross-overs on Sr 5 and 10 cross-overs on Jr 3; Jr 3 has 28 athletes with 10 cross-overs on Jr 5; Jr 5 has 17 athletes and all cross-over, 6 to Sr 5, 9 to Jr 3, and 1 to Jr 2

Sandbagging or smart coaching??? Mind you this is an extremely large gym who should not even need few cross-overs if any at all.

With roster change and crossover Summit rule (if that's a goal for teams) that will make it impossible for all teams to go. How do they decide? Sounds a little crazy to me.

Since my gym only had 3 teams for the 15-16 season the youth team had 14 athletes altogether but 1 crossed over for juniors. Juniors had 13 athletes altogether but 6 crossed over for seniors while seniors had 14 athletes altogether. (youth was level 1, junior was level 2, senior was level 2)
This is a COMPLETELY different situation than being described above. These are 3 teams form a large gym not the only 3 teams the gym has.

This sounds normal for a gym that only has 3 teams and sounds like 3 small teams at that. @dat.jpp you were youth eligible this last season?

We just competed against a heavily sandbagged team.. (4.2) They are multiple time summit champions and they always have excellent routines no doubt about it, but it really makes me mad. For example, when they called their level 4 for first at awards, almost all of their level 2 and 4.2 stood up. They are clearly a big gym so they could get by without the crossovers..

Sent from my iPhone using Tap Stalk
Most gyms have a few crossovers from team to team . Especially your smaller gyms . I agree it becomes a problem when there are too many level 5 athletes on lower level teams !! This year I saw a team take half of their level 5 all girl and half of their level 5 coed put them together to make a level 4.2 team !! Now that's sandbagging which is simply a better word for cheating!

Back