All-Star Sandbagging

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I thought the Queen of Pop was Madonna. Of course she doesn't have music in a cheer routine. But in the music industry if you refer to the Queen of Pop that's definitely Madonna.

Oh she is, I was simply answering who I thought the person I quoted was thinking it was. Lady Gaga is not a Queen of anything in my eyes.

I thought the Queen of Pop was Madonna. Of course she doesn't have music in a cheer routine. But in the music industry if you refer to the Queen of Pop that's definitely Madonna.

ha we actually had a Madonna song (Hung Up) in my cheer routine in college.

I apologize if this is answered somewhere else and I missed it.. I've been searching through threads and no luck.

Does anyone know the answer to this with certainty? The worlds summit crossover rule.. Is it a maximum of 5 athletes per worlds team that can cross total? Or up to 5 athletes per summit team? So could 15 worlds athletes from one worlds team cross to 3 different summit teams or is it a flat 5 worlds athletes from one team can cross to the summit period? It would seem that if it's the 'as many worlds athletes as a gym wanted' as long as they placed 5 on each summit team... Every summit team level 4 or 5 could be easily stacked.

Just trying to understand this rule. It doesn't appear clear the way it's written on the summit info page.

I apologize if this is answered somewhere else and I missed it.. I've been searching through threads and no luck.

Does anyone know the answer to this with certainty? The worlds summit crossover rule.. Is it a maximum of 5 athletes per worlds team that can cross total? Or up to 5 athletes per summit team? So could 15 worlds athletes from one worlds team cross to 3 different summit teams or is it a flat 5 worlds athletes from one team can cross to the summit period? It would seem that if it's the 'as many worlds athletes as a gym wanted' as long as they placed 5 on each summit team... Every summit team level 4 or 5 could be easily stacked.

Just trying to understand this rule. It doesn't appear clear the way it's written on the summit info page.
It's the latter, 5 worlds athletes per summit team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

And athletes can compete on up to 2 teams at the summit.

So, yes, if a gym has a level 5r and level 4 going to summit, then they can bring up to 10 World's athletes. Or 5 that do both teams, I suppose. Or varying combinations.

And keep in mind that if a level 5 team does not go to world's, then they aren't counted in the limitations, so technically a level 5 team could replace a whole age appropriate summit team....

And I'm not sure the athletes have to be from their gym..

And athletes can compete on up to 2 teams at the summit.

So, yes, if a gym has a level 5r and level 4 going to summit, then they can bring up to 10 World's athletes. Or 5 that do both teams, I suppose. Or varying combinations.

And keep in mind that if a level 5 team does not go to world's, then they aren't counted in the limitations, so technically a level 5 team could replace a whole age appropriate summit team....

And I'm not sure the athletes have to be from their gym..
Or if they had J4, Sr4, SrR5, JrR5, Int4 - an entire worlds team could cross technically. Wow. That seems very very wrong to me and like the summit rule writers need to take a better look at this. On a small team they could feasible have 25% of the team stacked with worlds crossoversand a gym could do it with every level 4/R5/J5 they have.

People wonder why the legitimacy of this sport is questioned.

Playing devils advocate here. Summit crossovers can cross only one level correct? So level 3 can cross to level 4. Is that right? If so, why is it wrong to cross on 4 and 5? Maybe a kid has great level 5 basing and tumbling and is on a worlds team, then crosses over to fly on a level 4 at Summit. Or maybe they fly at Worlds and base at Summit. I was thinking only being able to cross one level is a good rule versus crossing two levels or more. So crossing from worlds level 5 to Summit level 4 is the same thing that falls within that rule isn't it? In order to do away with worlds crossovers, what if they made a rule that you can't cross at all? Then someone who potentially flys on level 3 and bases on level 2 is left out. Lots of gyms both big and small use crossovers. My kid crossed and was on two teams at her old small gym and one year three teams. At her new big gym she crosses and is on two teams (but it is really a small gym with the big gym name lol). Anyway, I wanted to see folks opinions on the other side if this issue. Was limiting crossing levels to one not enough? Do they need to zero cross?

Honestly eliminating crossovers really wouldn't make too much of a difference at this point IMO. We are at a point in the industry where many teams are competing a level down of what they actually are anyway.
I agree that teams are doing this, but if Susie can compete on both a level 5 and a level 3 team, she is going to be more than happy doing so. However, if she was only able to compete at one level, she isn't going to stay with a gym that puts her on a level 3 team if she has the skills to be on a level 5 team, so there would be less sandbagging.
I have always felt that you should only be able to compete at Summit and Worlds. It only creates an issue for the junior 5 teams, but I still think you would have to make a choice to do one or the other.

Back