All-Star Sandbagging

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not gonna write a huge post, but no one is criticizing CEA for having athletes double team. Holden was on coed elite and crossed over to jr 5 to become a better base. that's not what's in question here. its when almost every single athlete is on 3 teams. its when athletes are PURPOSEFULLY put on teams to win bids/summits/NCA titles. its when a good portion of your senior 4 team are world champions or on world champion teams, or when world athletes are put on a team 2 levels under them. THATS the issue.
THIS is what I have a problem with! There is no reason that a level 3 team needs to be full of level 5 athletes at gyms of this size, but it happens snd bot just at CEA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok,
As I said my daughter is on 3 teams.....all of those teams were fortunate to get Summit bids, paid & not paid. She can only compete on 2 because of Summit rules. So there is an open spot on one of those teams....it's not hard to understand why all of the teams listed are looking for a fill in.....and by the way, the teams listed are not just Kville teams! Based on what happened last year, 90% of those filling positions will come from the smaller Satellite gyms.....it gives those kids the opportunity to experience Summit or maybe even Worlds, that wouldn't have the chance.
As far as fill ins for SE, and that team not being able to keep kids....there have been situations with not being able to make the commitment it takes for that team, injuries & other reasons. There are 36 on that team now, no alternates.....
LOT has had kids leave or get injured & not sure if they will be able to compete at Worlds.
The decision for SE or COED not to attend NCA, was made at the end of last season.....nothing changed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I truly don't have a problem with crossovers. My CP's have both crossed over and I feel they are well rounded athletes because if it. I also am not terribly sensitive about losing to a team that has a majority of its athletes with higher level skills. I do, however, think that the act of chasing and accepting Summit Bids with teams that are not eligible to compete at the Summit is slightly sketchy. I completely understand that there may be various reasons that a few athletes may need to be replaced. But in this case, it truly appears as though the intent was to win the bids and then let other athletes get a chance to experience the Summit. There was no reason to accept the bid except for to give people who hadn't earned it the chance to go. That doesn't sit well with me. For every athlete that now gets the opportunity to experience the Summit on a bid they weren't a part of earning, there is also an athlete that could have earned this experience throughout their season with their team.

Ahhh, but you wear teal. You aren't allowed to have a different opinion. If you do, you've obviously been drinking too much koolaid or whatever.
This is the attitude of CEA people that gives people reason to :confused:. You love your gym and that's great. I think highly of CEA, but their use of their World Champion athletes on lower level teams is going to be cause for discussion, and anyone competing against those CEA teams has a right to side-eye.

This is the attitude of CEA people that gives people reason to :confused:. You love your gym and that's great. I think highly of CEA, but their use of their World Champion athletes on lower level teams is going to be cause for discussion, and anyone competing against those CEA teams has a right to side-eye.

I didn't say you didn't have the 'right to side-eye'. But just as you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine. And they don't have to be the same.

For the record. I have two girls at CEA Kville. One is on one team and the other is on two level 5 teams. So everyone's generalizations do not apply to me.

I was wondering, if placing these Worlds athletes on so many teams can be harmful, increase the chance of these athletes getting injuried and burnt out... It might be an advantage on a short term, but what about the long term and possibly, not promoting and increasing the skills of all of their athletes...just wondering!...

Last edited:
I was wondering, if placing these Worlds athletes on so many teams can be harmful, increase the chance of these athletes getting injuried and burnt out... It might be an advantage on a short time, but what about the long term and possibly, not promoting and increasing the skills of all of their athletes...just wondering!...

It's a valid question. As someone who's kid is almost finished with her career there I can say, for her it didn't lead to burnout. (She was a crossover until she aged out of the Junior division) Hindsight being 20/20, I do believe it has contributed to her back problems and she see's a Chiropractor once a week. (Took 2 visit's a week for 5 week's to get her straightened out) Her issue could be anything of course. Shoes that don't support very well. Her own lazyness with posture. The list could go on and on but I'm sure it didn't help matters. As her Mom, I take full responsibility for that. She was a gym rat, I hate that word, but it's true. LOL She loved tumbling so that's what she did. She wanted to be on 2 teams so she did. In her 12 year career nobody has ever made her crossover. It was something she (and I allowed it) wanted.

I

ETA - I need to stop reading when I am tired, so I don't start a post and fall asleep...[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I hate how crossovers have developed this negative stigma. To me when done correctly and NOT sandbagging, crossing over to another team is something fun. You get to preform for two teams, twice the cheer, doing more of what you love to do. At my gym the girls love to cross because they just simply love cheer that much and want to do it that much more. Unfortunately crossing over has became more of how can we stack this team to win instead of who just wants to cheer and compete.

I hate how crossovers have developed this negative stigma. To me when done correctly and NOT sandbagging, crossing over to another team is something fun. You get to preform for two teams, twice the cheer, doing more of what you love to do. At my gym the girls love to cross because they just simply love cheer that much and want to do it that much more. Unfortunately crossing over has became more of how can we stack this team to win instead of who just wants to cheer and compete.

I work at a small gym, and in many ways, crossing over can get you twice the Cheer for way less money, so it's nice when it's done right.

Back