College Scoring Question For Nca

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
So mathematically I am trying to figure this out.

To get in the highest hardest stunt category you need to do a rewind awesome OR rewind 'into' an extended body position unassisted, then flip or double twist down. This rubric (10.5-11) should mathematically work out to be about a .05 bonus on your score. So if you did a rewind target, pull arabesque, double you could get a 10.5. If you did a perfect rewind awesome power press front flip you could get an 11. Seeing as how many people dropped and no score in the big ones seemed to be decided by a .05, would it be smarter to just go for the 'safe' 10.5? What is a a fall worth?

Reading on twitter Louisville Large Coed got a 10.86 on stunts and the next highest score* was a 10.50 so that should help you gage how they are scoring the stunts.

*i think they meant in that division

Reading on twitter Louisville Large Coed got a 10.86 on stunts and the next highest score* was a 10.50 so that should help you gage how they are scoring the stunts.

*i think they meant in that division

I know Texas Tech got a 10.5. I was curious what OSU got. Thanks for the info!

I know Texas Tech got a 10.5. I was curious what OSU got. Thanks for the info!
Day 1 both TTU and OSU scored an average of 10.5 on stunts. UL scored 10.86.
Day 2 TTU scored an avg of 10.4, OSU avg of 10.52 and UL avg of 10.76

The one thing that jumps out to me about these stunts score averages is the fact that OSU dropped 3 stunts in finals and their average went up (granted by only .02) and UL hit all of their stunts with 1 bobble deduction that was given and their score dropped a hole tenth from day 1 when UL actually dropped a stunt...

Dropping is outside of execution. Though all stunts stayed up your execution was better day 1.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Dropping is outside of execution. Though all stunts stayed up your execution was better day 1.

I agree with what you're saying but I would argue day 1 was better than day 2 for OSU also which still doesn't explain the raise in average in my opinion...

In all honesty I'd argue all three of the top 3 teams day 1 performance was better than day 2 except for us we actually HIT our routine even though there was the bobble deduction there were no drops. Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way I just feel your score shouldn't improve if you do worse. Another example is TTU basically NAILED their routine day 1 then had multiple mistakes on day 2 and their overall score went up as well. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I agree with what you're saying but I would argue day 1 was better than day 2 for OSU also which still doesn't explain the raise in average in my opinion...

In all honesty I'd argue all three of the top 3 teams day 1 performance was better than day 2 except for us we actually HIT our routine even though there was the bobble deduction there were no drops. Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way I just feel your score shouldn't improve if you do worse. Another example is TTU basically NAILED their routine day 1 then had multiple mistakes on day 2 and their overall score went up as well. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Comes from the combining of execution and difficulty into one score. Your difficulty score should have remained constant and execution wavered, but because its a lump sum there is not a way to know for sure.

On day 1 all three UL, OSU and TTU had the same difficulty average out of 10 of a 9.86... On day 2 UL had the highest(9.86) then OSU (9.84) then TTU (9.82).
Comes from the combining of execution and difficulty into one score. Your difficulty score should have remained constant and execution wavered, but because its a lump sum there is not a way to know for sure.

On day 1 all three UL, OSU and TTU had the same difficulty average out of 10 of a 9.86... On day 2 UL had the highest(9.86) then OSU (9.84) then TTU (9.82).
What is your point?! Yall won, i don't understand why you keep retyping these scores?

I know we won... and I'm totally happy about it, just having a conversation with Kingston about it.

calm down Karoline :) don't get all worked up! haha

What is your point?! Yall won, i don't understand why you keep retyping these scores?

@GDaddyLS Is there a point execution score on NCA college? The scoresheets as listed to the reader do not look that way. Maybe they are used differently?

Do you mean like on the all star score sheets a certain score for your difficulty and then the 1 extra point that can be awarded for execution?

@GDaddyLS Is there a point execution score on NCA college? The scoresheets as listed to the reader do not look that way. Maybe they are used differently?

Do you mean like on the all star score sheets a certain score for your difficulty and then the 1 extra point that can be awarded for execution?

Correct.

I think they score execution and difficulty all in one point.

No College is NOT done that way... Not that I know of anyway. Its my understanding you have the certain ranges and you get into that range based on the skills listed on the rubric and then my assumption is the variety a team does is what moves you up or down in the range.

For example since we have been talking about Stunts so much and what is required to get into the 10.5-11 range in coed stunts. UL did rewind immediate stretch double down to get into that range and all the other stunts was above and beyond that to move us up in that range... So if Team A does rewind immediate "something" double down and Team B does rewind immediate "something" double down AND 1 to 1's AND front handspring ups AND a team stunt with all 9 girls on the mat then obviously Team B would move towards the higher end of the 10.5-11 range vs Team A who did the minimum to get into that range. Don't know if that makes sense but thats how I understand it.

Correct.

I think they score execution and difficulty all in one point.

No College is NOT done that way... Not that I know of anyway. Its my understanding you have the certain ranges and you get into that range based on the skills listed on the rubric and then my assumption is the variety a team does is what moves you up or down in the range.

For example since we have been talking about Stunts so much and what is required to get into the 10.5-11 range in coed stunts. UL did rewind immediate stretch double down to get into that range and all the other stunts was above and beyond that to move us up in that range... So if Team A does rewind immediate "something" double down and Team B does rewind immediate "something" double down AND 1 to 1's AND front handspring ups AND a team stunt with all 9 girls on the mat then obviously Team B would move towards the higher end of the 10.5-11 range vs Team A who did the minimum to get into that range. Don't know if that makes sense but thats how I understand it.

One of my complaints is that they don't have a separate score for execution and difficulty. This would not have changed who won any of the divisions (I think all the placements are correct and the right winners won) BUT ever after the top 1 or two teams there starts to be some MAJOR safety concerns. Because you combine the score of execution and difficulty people 'skip' the execution part of cheerleading. I was a bit worried at some of the skills they were attempting.

Talking stunts was mainly because that was the newest written portion. The rest (except the rather silly jump requirement... which is a separate your legs before you do your standing tumbling segment) was rather understandable.

For the stunts I was not a fan of how it was written. I completely agree with the land in an extended body position or onto one arm, but think saying just rewinds, full frontals, or side sumi ups is rather limiting. I think inversion or free release twisting of at least 1.5 should allow you to get into the highest category. To say a backhandspring fullup land in stretch doesnt put you in the highest category is rather silly. A BHS fullup land in stretch is WAY harder than rewind immediate stretch, but you max out at 10.5 with it. As well the majority unassisted bugs me. We do it the same as you guys on our open, Rust, but I am not sure it should be counted that way. I would prefer they are way stricter on any help given at all to stunts.

Now, in the end if you guys had been capped at 10.5, your score would have dropped by .04. Still winning. So we arent discussing a change in placement. Yall won, so I am not discounting that (like my earlier statement). I am more debating the scoresheet and the holes.

Back