OT So I Have A Cheerleader That Wants To Become A Cheerlebrity....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jul 7, 2012
yup i have a girl on my team that wants to rise to the top....who doesn't right?!

so here is the post....

how do you become one?

besides being amazing

Be beautiful, be center of something (stunts, jumps, dance, tumbling), be on a high profile team, win worlds, be featured in something never done before...but tell her what I tell my youngest who dreams of stardom in the singing world...be yourself. Stop trying to be noticed by everyone else and just love what you do. That way no matter what you're happy. :) There are a lot of pros and cons to being famous. I would venture to guess the cons outweigh the pros in the cheer world...

Stop trying to be noticed by everyone else and just love what you do.

that's the most important part. the more you try to get something for the fame and spotlight, the less you're going to like it. I honestly don't know or understand how some of these "cheerlebrities" have the time to act as "celebrities"--if it were me, my time would be spent in the gym, continuing to progress myself. not on the boards self-promoting and such. (this isn't about any one in particular--this was my thought when someone asked what cheerlebs names on here were--they aren't on here because they don't have the time to sit in front of a computer :) )

I feel that people are forgetting what a real cheerlebrity is. A cheerlebrity is a graceful, talented young lady/man who does amazing things on and off the mat, like John Butler 's CPs. A cheerlebrity shouldn't be famous for an orange tan, flawless poof, or chiseled abs.

These cheerlebrities (who have technically been a thing before that was ever coined as a phrase- Tye Hill, Ambrel, Matt McGrath, Lil B, anyone?) all got to be that way because of who they are. They didn't wake up one day and say 'I wanna be famous.' Most of the people who want to be famous do it the easy way- reality tv. Which generally does nothing for you as a person BUT could potentially make you famous. Even if it makes you famous for coming off as a horrible person.

These girls/guys are talented athletes FIRST. They're only cheerlebrities because we decided that we love them- their look, their skills, their personalities, etc.

Except for a few of them they all suck at cheerleading.... They get carried by there team and there recognized for no reason
I see you're new here, so let me teach you a few things.
1. If you want to be taken seriously on the board, use proper grammar. Your first "there" should be "their", team should be plural, and the second "there" should be "they're".
2. Please have kingston change your username. I definitely would not like to be known as "cheerslut" or anything like that.
3. Please don't post things that are derogatory or ignorant. If Jamie Andries sucked, do you think she'd be on level 5? No, so please have logical reasoning behind your posts.

No offense to anyone, but this"cheerlebrity" stuff absolutely disgusts me.
When I was little, we didn't aspire to be a cheerlebrity. We aspired to be our best. Sure, we looked up to the older kids, and of course little kids want to be just like the "big kids", but we were never like, "One day, I'm gonna be a cheerlebrity."
like, ugh!

I see you're new here, so let me teach you a few things.
1. If you want to be taken seriously on the board, use proper grammar. Your first "there" should be "their", team should be plural, and the second "there" should be "they're".
2. Please have kingston change your username. I definitely would not like to be known as "cheerslut" or anything like that.
3. Please don't post things that are derogatory or ignorant. If Jamie Andries sucked, do you think she'd be on level 5? No, so please have logical reasoning behind your posts.

Took a second but they are banned. That is just a dumb username.

Back