All-Star Starting A Discussion: The Safety Of Spring Floor Vs... Well.. Anything Else

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

wheres the proof? theres no data to back that up.
* ETA the odds of a base getting hurt are equal no matter what surface you put them on, its the coaches that matter in that instance.

here, let me post that for you:

The rates of stunt-related injuries per 1000 AEs by team type were as follows: All Star, 0.36; college, 1.59; high school, 0.59; middle school, 0.23; and recreation league, 0.41.

basically the rate of inure is 4 1/2 times higher in college over all-star. twice as likely (ish) in high school. I would put forth middle and rec league are low because the skills competed are much lower.

ummm... did you not read the entire report? you did reference it.
88 vs 69, not a huge difference. with limiting allstar to level 3 we could cut 69 to maybe 6.

also I just found this in the data you posted. " All Star cheerleaders were more likely to be injured while performing on a spring floor compared with cheerleaders on other types of teams" ....

88 vs 69, not a huge difference. with limiting allstar to level 3 we could cut 69 to maybe 6.

also I just found this in the data you posted. " All Star cheerleaders were more likely to be injured while performing on a spring floor compared with cheerleaders on other types of teams" ....

because all-star cheerleaders rarely go on anything else? most car accidents happen on the road and not in rivers? so try and take your car in river more often.

because all-star cheerleaders rarely go on anything else? most car accidents happen on the road and not in rivers? so try and take your car in river more often.
that has nothing to do with what I posted, but explain to me this... why do you not want to limit what allstar cheerleaders do with stunting? the spring floor makes no difference for a flyer coming down and hitting a base. If allstar stuning was limited, then a lot less bases would be getting hurt... for example in the below video, no matter what type of floor this base was on she would have been injured... limiting stunting universally would solve this problem.

that has nothing to do with what I posted, but explain to me this... why do you not want to limit what allstar cheerleaders do with stunting? the spring floor makes no difference for a flyer coming down and hitting a base. If allstar stuning was limited, then a lot less bases would be getting hurt... for example in the below video, no matter what type of floor this base was on she would have been injured... limiting stunting universally would solve this problem.

what you posted is that most all-star cheerleaders are hurt on spring floor, because allstars pretty much only practice on spring floor? I think you are digging for reasons. you don't have a very strong case for anything that i can see.

what you posted is that most all-star cheerleaders are hurt on spring floor, because allstars pretty much only practice on spring floor? I think you are digging for reasons. you don't have a very strong case for anything that i can see.
do you have a response to my last post, seems extremely strong if you ask me. I am perfectly able to make a strong case for anything pretty much, I am a student double majoring in business administration and finance at one of the top 5 business schools in the country. Making cases is a daily job of mine ( ;

do you have a response to my last post, seems extremely strong if you ask me. I am perfectly able to make a strong case for anything pretty much, I am a student double majoring in business administration and finance at one of the top 5 business schools in the country. Making cases is a daily job of mine ( ;

That someone performs a skill badly and therefor that one instance is representative of all basket tosses?

no, from the data you posted that said that bases are the people who are hurt most during stunting.

34%. The most significant individual injury. The other 66% is probably not really significant.

34%. The most significant individual injury. The other 66% is probably not really significant.
you tell the parents of the 34% that then. they deserve to be talked about too. the data doesnt lie. 34% of the injuries would not have mattered if it was spring or hard floor.

you tell the parents of the 34% that then. they deserve to be talked about too. the data doesnt lie. 34% of the injuries would not have mattered if it was spring or hard floor.

And 66% would have?

Back