All-Star Stop Hatin On Maddie G!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I read 8 pages of a thread about Maddie and all I got was this t-shirt.

That made me laugh to myself.

On a related note, I'd like a better signature. I'd be ashamed if anyone wanted to put mine on a t-shirt.

New shirt idea;

KEEP CALM
AND
STOP HATIN'
ON
WCMAN!

Sorry bro, he brought that upon himself...you don't just come on the board and claim to have heard something second hand about a woman who is the nicest, most gracious, generous, kind, and loving woman I have ever met. Sarah Gardner is the antithesis of the typical cheer mom...I had started to become so cynical regarding mankind until I met Sarah...I've already said it numerous times, but she restored my faith in humanity and my once held notions I had abandoned that people are inherently good.....perhaps I'm still right...it appears people like Sarah are far and few between these days...although I will say within the past recent months I've gotten to know quite a few mothers like MsTealtoYou who keep a spark of hope in my heart still...

Honestly he should be ashamed of himself...How would he feel (assuming he has a significant other) Starship Trooper came on here and "relayed" a message about his significant other without an iota of proof? I'm sure his tune would change in a heartbeat...

Funniest part is I never said a negative thing about Maddie.

No, you actually did something much worse and I hope I never have to meet you in person bc I can't stand seeing the ugly in people's hearts...sorry, but you crossed the line when brought up Sarah. You brought tears to my eyes and not in a good way pal...you really aught to be ashamed of yourself. I could give a rats *ss what you have to say about me, bc I have no problem with the words I post on this forum towards anyone, and I know Starship Trooper and MJ could careless, and I know Maddie is a resilient and gracious young woman (might have a bit to do with that phenomenal mother of hers) but I think you need to go sit in the naughty chair until you can remember some remnants of the manners your parents taught you.

As my post reads.just hear say and I hope I am wrong.I guess I'm wrong. Although I'm from the dark planet , I do not have one bad feeling or "HATE" towards Maddie or her family. The purpose of my post was just that it comes with the territory. If you put yourself out there you have to expect and except criticism. To be honest I do not see all this hate towards Maddie on the boards and I can tell you that in the dark planet of New Jersey, I have never heard a word of hate toward Maddie or CEA, just RESPECT.

Oh yes, your posts just reek of respect....:rolleyes:

I'm going to chime in here as this thread is probably not going anywhere positive. On the shirt, a young woman sent one to Maddie and it was posted on Facebook to give it some advertisement. She did this shirt after the CNN piece and is using the proceeds to cover her cheer expense, especially the trip to Worlds I believe. We were just helping her out a bit. We think the shirt is funny. On the things such as going to Toledo this weekend, going to Dallas to do the show, going to Norway for a camp, Scott Foster, Justin Carrier and the coach from Norway contacted Maddie to do these things and she agreed. She takes care of all these issues, and as DJ said, it is laughable to think that she would do something she did not want to do with her life. We chime in with opinions and have the ultimate say, but she has not given us reason to try to tell her to do things differently. To suggest that Sarah is somehow Terri Sheilds is offensive.

Listen, I have no problem with criticizing her on her cheering, her skills, her public presentation. I do not think you are a hater if you feel she is not your favorite for any reason. However, when you stray over into degrading her character, like saying she faked an injury, or some other things I have heard sourced to people that post here, you are probably going to get a response from me. And when you purposely mischaracterize my family and their actions and intentions, well, I'll set the record straight. So from my pov, criticize away, but do not make up things to give a bad impression on her character or my family's actions with her decisions. And I think when kids are commenting on other kids, a lot of leeway is in order but if you are an adult making false statements or painting inaccurate scenarios, I'll speak up.

I'm sure he's much more content w/spreading rumors (yeah, you know, here say)

..This is going to be a ridiculously long side note:
There are these things called the Potterpuffs. A girl used to draw them- they're Harry Potter characters as powerpuff-style drawings (Google it). There's one between Harry and Ginny, and the caption underneath says 'Sometimes you just need telling to calm the F down, already.' Which, if you know HP, is so common for teen-angst Harry circa books 5-6. Every time someone on here gets up in arms (which I'm actually about to do, slightly haha) it's always the first thing that pops into my head. I wish I could post it, but I don't think I should be droppin' F-bombs on here ;)

That being said, I think the shirt is hilarious, and I actually want one. Because society has somehow decided that just because you have an opinion, it needs to be blasted in everybody's face. It doesn't. You have a right to your opinion, I also have a right to stare your stupid down with the icy glare of death when you offer it when it's not asked for. You actually DON'T have to post on posts (lol) about teams/people you don't like. Read them all you want (actually, why would you if you don't like them?), but there is nobody holding a gun to your head saying you HAVE to post, particularly if it's rude. And if you do, be ready to be accused of being a hater. If you expose your opinion to people when it's unwelcome, be prepared to get THEIR unwelcome opinion back. It's a two-way street, and I think the age of the internet has made us forget that. We have all this instant anonymity, it's given us tons of freedom. I don't know if HALF the stuff on here would be said to these peoples faces (and I'm talkin' bout EVERYTHING we post on here)..which used to be the general rule of life. Just like some have theirs, that is your cross to bear for dropping your fingers on keys, mes amis. I myself am attempting to make a pledge to post as much positivity as I can if I ever deign to look at a WCSS thread. For example- they have nice hair. And if I ever opened a gym, that whole gym has my color scheme already. Minus purple.

Aaah circle logic. One of the great many pastimes of the human race..

I really don't know what we're gonna do when she and other cheerlebrities graduate/stop competing. And I pity the girls who are suddenly thrust in the limelight in their stead. Bless you children..

Side note: I think a lot of this depends on your definition of 'obsession'. It is a typical Americanism to throw words normally limited to pure extremes, into everyday norms. IE- OMG they're totally in love (when they're barely holding hands) or I was LITERALLY dying (Dear god, did someone call a paramedic?). How many of us here are truly 'obsessing' over her, and how many of us aren't. I'm the first to defend someone who I think shouldn't be attacked, does that mean I'm obsessed? Even if it's the same person again and again? No. I'd consider that I'm a good human being..

Apparently none of these people have ever been to or seen a soccer game outside of the United States...considering they KILL their athletes for making a mistake.

Back