All-Star Stop Hatin On Maddie G!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aaah circle logic. One of the great many pastimes of the human race..

I really don't know what we're gonna do when she and other cheerlebrities graduate/stop competing. And I pity the girls who are suddenly thrust in the limelight in their stead. Bless you children..
i don't think i could take all of the cirticism this girls take, i give every single one of them alot of credit!

And I will once again say that everyone else has the right to state theirs in return. You call someone obsessive, they can call you a hater. Both are opinions, and yours is no more right OR wrong than the other.
i realize that.....

but there is a point where enough is enough, like many have said she is only a teenager in highschool that just loves something that all of us on this board loves and that's to cheer.
? confused on your post. i like the girl i like her skills. i just think that people go way over board with there obsessiveness.

i don't get why you vant let them "obsess" over her if they want and go on with your life.
i just find it a bit ridiculous hence the fact i posted. but im done replying to you this is pointless.

i just find it a bit ridiculous hence the fact i posted. but im done replying to you this is pointless.
you were the one that replied to me first, so i was just stating my opinion and how i feel on the matter. i wasn't trying to tell you you're wrong, because i know it's your opinion.

obsessing would imply that i have made numerous facebook groups and t shirts all about it, when i most defiantly havent and im sure none of the others have either. were just stating our opinion on the whole thing
Well then I guess I'm actually not obsessed at all. Because the last time I made a facebook group about Maddie was never, the last time I made/watched a YouTube video other than 2x2 about her was never, the last time I made a t-shirt about it was never, and the last time I checked her Facebook was about a month after I added her as a friend 3 years ago.

Okay, you people need to make up your mind. Either I'm obsessed with her or not. I can't be both.

Aaah circle logic. One of the great many pastimes of the human race..

I really don't know what we're gonna do when she and other cheerlebrities graduate/stop competing. And I pity the girls who are suddenly thrust in the limelight in their stead. Bless you children..

Side note: I think a lot of this depends on your definition of 'obsession'. It is a typical Americanism to throw words normally limited to pure extremes, into everyday norms. IE- OMG they're totally in love (when they're barely holding hands) or I was LITERALLY dying (Dear god, did someone call a paramedic?). How many of us here are truly 'obsessing' over her, and how many of us aren't. I'm the first to defend someone who I think shouldn't be attacked, does that mean I'm obsessed? Even if it's the same person again and again? No. I'd consider that I'm a good human being..
I think I more or less obsess over defending her than I actually obsess over her as an actual person or even her cheerleading. And I was thinking the same thing about what is going to happen to the boards once she graduates. It's probably a sign of the Apocalypse, really. The cheer gods have warned us everyone, leave Maddie alone or we WILL pay.

Well then I guess I'm actually not obsessed at all. Because the last time I made a facebook group about Maddie was never, the last time I made/watched a YouTube video other than 2x2 about her was never, the last time I made a t-shirt about it was never, and the last time I checked her Facebook was about a month after I added her as a friend 3 years ago.

Okay, you people need to make up your mind. Either I'm obsessed with her or not. I can't be both.
see i dont count that as obsessed. well personally i dont.
to me it goes to far when your room is teal and black and your twitter name has something about maddie or senior elite when the back ground on your phone is maddie and when your ringtone is senior elite and all that jazz. while i mean you like and to each his own thats just crazyyyyyy!!!!! and i have seen people like that. i guess i just dont understand the whole obsession over her. and its not that shes a horrible person ( like justin beaver :p ) or that she cant fly its just people forget about the rest of the team and as someone who kinda was in the position where everyone only looked at that one person that can be very frustrating. but i guess i just dont understand it but thats just me

i like the girl i like her skills. i just think that people go way over board with there obsessiveness.

I think that is a reasonable thing to say but define "obsessiveness". I can tell you that virtually everyone we meet in the "non cyber" world is super nice, never intrusive, always polite and just genuinely seem to want to say hello and meet her. I do not know why these kids and adults at competitions and on the Internet are attracted to her or want to meet her. I can tell you it just happened for a combination of reasons including the growth of CEA, Courtney and Ben and their genius, 2 X 2 videos, Facebook, youtube, Worlds, competitions, message boards, ESPN, CNN. And she is not alone, there are others going through the same thing from many gyms. Some will not believe this but we had no plan, no PR campaign, no design. We're not that smart. It just happened, believe me when I tell you that if we had tried to make this happen I think it would have never happened. We just try to be polite and respond to everyone that said hello either in person or on line. It really has been humbling and flattering to her and by extension to the two people that love her the most. And we do not put too much stock in the anonymous world of the Internet as far as people and opinions go.

However, if there is "obsessiveness" it IS in the cyber world of facebook, youtube and message boards. But there has been no ramification for her or us from this sense of "obsessiveness" on the Internet. It appears not to motivate anyone to do anything except post opinions back and forth, pro and con, good and bad in there chosen forum. Courtney, CEA and to a lesser extent her seem to create a lot of discussion here. Look at the post and view counts on the threads dedicated to CEA. So if it does not hurt her, my question to those that truly appear to want to voice an opinion what is it about her present situation that interests you good or bad? I often play devils advocate here, but the most committed commentators, both pro and con, tend to congregate here. I watch and read because I care about her and want to stay informed. In this instance, no kidding I want to know how you feel? Send me a pm if you like. But yes, in 6 months she will be done, and move on to her college career and I think in the end, she will be relieved to be done.

I think that is a reasonable thing to say but define "obsessiveness". I can tell you that virtually everyone we meet in the "non cyber" world is super nice, never intrusive, always polite and just genuinely seem to want to say hello and meet her. I do not know why these kids and adults at competitions and on the Internet are attracted to her or want to meet her. I can tell you it just happened for a combination of reasons including the growth of CEA, Courtney and Ben and their genius, 2 X 2 videos, Facebook, youtube, Worlds, competitions, message boards, ESPN, CNN. And she is not alone, there are others going through the same thing from many gyms. Some will not believe this but we had no plan, no PR campaign, no design. We're not that smart. It just happened, believe me when I tell you that if we had tried to make this happen I think it would have never happened. We just try to be polite and respond to everyone that said hello either in person or on line. It really has been humbling and flattering to her and by extension to the two people that love her the most. And we do not put too much stock in the anonymous world of the Internet as far as people and opinions go.

However, if there is "obsessiveness" it IS in the cyber world of facebook, youtube and message boards. But there has been no ramification for her or us from this sense of "obsessiveness" on the Internet. It appears not to motivate anyone to do anything except post opinions back and forth, pro and con, good and bad in there chosen forum. Courtney, CEA and to a lesser extent her seem to create a lot of discussion here. Look at the post and view counts on the threads dedicated to CEA. So if it does not hurt her, my question to those that truly appear to want to voice an opinion what is it about her present situation that interests you good or bad? I often play devils advocate here, but the most committed commentators, both pro and con, tend to congregate here. I watch and read because I care about her and want to stay informed. In this instance, no kidding I want to know how you feel? Send me a pm if you like. But yes, in 6 months she will be done, and move on to her college career and I think in the end, she will be relieved to be done.

wow long post :) but i met her and took a picture like everyone else just to say i did it. but this girl on my team got her to sign her wrist and then cried when it rubbed off. pretty funny that the girl was 16 but i think when people say that you sign her up for the CNN is just bull. i know you had no desire to push your child out in the wide and open like this were it is possible for her to get slandered as well as praised. i feel if she was on the board and posted regularly in about 3 or so days she would have more shimmies then kingston. i just find it truly amazing that people treat her like shes something special. READ THE REST. sorry i didnt want to get killed by the Tealites but she is special and a very sweet person i just cant think of the word to describe how idolized she is. thats why i said "something special" i just cant find the word. i really like Senior Elite , infact i like WC as well but it just is beyond my imagination. why any athlete who isnt a professional athlete is obsessed so much over .although that will be great for her in the "real" world she will have a great attitude. i just love the way she handles herself with grace and classiness and i think if people are going to idolize her, idolize her after her character trates not her flying ability because you can loose that ability but you cant loose a character, a part of who you are,

Back