All-Star Substance Free Programs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@omgitssydthekid I'd be interested to know if that was true.

In my three years on staff, I've never been drug tested but I know of staff members who have been randomly tested. Nobody (that I know, or know of) has failed the drug test, so I'm not sure how the consequences would be handled. But they were very adamant about it, in my region at least. @yooolizzi might be able to give us insight on how it was handled in the NE region.

I have no doubts they would test NCA and UCA staffers especially with all your interaction with the kids.

I would be curious to know if it's a company-wide policy or just camp staffers.

In my three years on staff, I've never been drug tested but I know of staff members who have been randomly tested. Nobody (that I know, or know of) has failed the drug test, so I'm not sure how the consequences would be handled. But they were very adamant about it, in my region at least. @yooolizzi might be able to give us insight on how it was handled in the NE region.
Yep, we were all made aware of the drug and alcohol policy at our staff meeting. It is absolutely zero tolerance. I haven't been around long enough to see anyone be stupid enough to violate that policy.

I would whole-heartedly stand behind the entire company being subject to drug testing, not just a randomized few. We are a leader in the industry and I believe more people would follow suit.

Yep, we were all made aware of the drug and alcohol policy at our staff meeting. It is absolutely zero tolerance. I haven't been around long enough to see anyone be stupid enough to violate that policy.

I would whole-heartedly stand behind the entire company being subject to drug testing, not just a randomized few. We are a leader in the industry and I believe more people would follow suit.

Personally, I was very shocked that when I joined staff, we weren't drug tested. Being an industry leader, I assumed that would come with the territory.

At my restaurant, if you're caught drinking on the job you're fired. If you come into work and you're tipsy/drunk, you're in serious trouble.

We lost one girl last week because she came to work and proceeded to get wasted during her shift. You can serve it, but you're not working drunk.

At my restaurant, if you're caught drinking on the job you're fired. If you come into work and you're tipsy/drunk, you're in serious trouble.

We lost one girl last week because she came to work and proceeded to get wasted during her shift. You can serve it, but you're not working drunk.
:banghead:Wow..... the stupidity.....

That is assuming the level of risk of each substance is the same and the cost of trying to police each substance is the same.

Also what if certain substances effect people differently? I married a redhead and she can withstand drugs way more that most people because of that. Do we take into consideration an individuals tolerance or make a blanket statement?

Rated this informative bc King knows his stuff!! I wish my anesthesiologist knew about the studies/proof that we require more anesthesia when I had my daughter... Four epidurals later..lol. I could feel and wiggle my toes in the middle of the c-sectiion (that was the third one btw). First two were given to me during the active labor where I pushed for two hours before they realized she was stuck. I could move my entire body and didn't need to be told when to push bc I still felt everything... Really freaked my anesthesiologist out lol!!

Rated this informative bc King knows his stuff!! I wish my anesthesiologist knew about the studies/proof that we require more anesthesia when I had my daughter... Four epidurals later..lol. I could feel and wiggle my toes in the middle of the c-sectiion (that was the third one btw). First two were given to me during the active labor where I pushed for two hours before they realized she was stuck. I could move my entire body and didn't need to be told when to push bc I still felt everything... Really freaked my anesthesiologist out lol!!

i don't understand how an anesthesiologist could not know that?! lol also, i haven't had surgery in a while, but do they ask natural hair color in like pre-op or something? what if your hair is dyed but you're a natural redhead? that's something they should know, but i don't think anyone has ever asked.

:banghead:Wow..... the stupidity.....

If I had to guess, just based on my own personal "study" over the past 20 years... I'd say at any given time about 10-20% of restaurant employees are under the influence of alcohol, and about 40-50% are under the influence of mj or other drugs. I mean during their shift - off shift it's probably closer to 100% :eek:

I don't think I've ever worked a shift that every single working member of the staff was sober. It's just most are really good at hiding it. Alcoholism is rampant in the restaurant industry. Sort of a chicken or the egg theory - is it because of the job (stress and availability/pushing of alcohol 24/7) or does the job attract that type of person?

The majority of businesses will fire on the spot if you drink, smoke weed (even if legal) or use an illegal substance on the job site. Most large corporations will give an ultimatum, get help or get fired, if you have been hired and later test positive for drugs. The same ultimatum is usually given if they feel your outside usage of alcohol or drugs is having an affect on your job performance.

The majority of businesses will fire on the spot if you drink, smoke weed (even if legal) or use an illegal substance on the job site. Most large corporations will give an ultimatum, get help or get fired, if you have been hired and later test positive for drugs. The same ultimatum is usually given if they feel your outside usage of alcohol or drugs is having an affect on your job performance.

As it should be. There shouldn't be a tolerance for that kind of behavior in a professional setting.

woaah. i don't know where its like where y'all are but i would never, and have never ever seen an employee drink at my restaurant while on the job.. you wouldn't be able to even have a sip.. i think thats how it should be

woaah. i don't know where its like where y'all are but i would never, and have never ever seen an employee drink at my restaurant while on the job.. you wouldn't be able to even have a sip.. i think thats how it should be

I don't think you would see it - it's not like they're taking shots in the wait station. It took me many years and a lot of experience dealing with alcoholism and drug addiction to spot it. I don't think most people would know or be able to tell. (although I am often stunned by how many people don't know when someone is on drugs. I can spot someone "under the influence" from a mile away). I think part of the problem is people don't truly know what they're seeing.

My daughter was asked by an outside tutor if "Dan the lunchroom man" was still at her school. I asked who Dan the lunchroom man is, and was told by the tutor, he was the school drug dealer. I find it hard to believe all these HS's have on site police officers, the teachers all know where these kids go to smoke, an outside tutor knows who the school dealer is, my kid can point out every high student in a classroom, but they can't seem to ever make any arrests. Love and respect our police officers, but things that make you say, "hhhmmmmm?"
In my junior high this was the complete opposite of what happened (everyone on drugs was caught, that one kid got arrested for selling cocain at age 12 and spent 3 years in juvy) but since I've gotten to high school, I've walked casually into the bathroom and there's just people smoking pot or cigarettes or something and it's usually our school athletes. I think all athletes, if you're in a club/school sport should be drug tested.

Back