All-Star Summit 2019

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I do not watch a lot of Summit but I was just on for a little bit and caught a Junior 2 team that did amazing!

South Bay Divas I think the team name is Crystal?

Also really impressed with Arizona Element Elite's J2 Titanium!

South Bay Divas has some pretty incredible teams. They were killing it 2 years ago as a D2 and have managed to stay just as competitive as a D1.

I gotta laugh at them using the Varsity scoresheet for an event with this many teams. The raw scores are so similar it's as if everyone is doing the same routine when in fact they are often quite different.

So many teams are practically tied, you wonder if the placements/scores really mean anything and if the judges even know what order they're ranking the teams. If you're behind by 0.03 or 0.1, what even is that? A fake eyelash being out of place? In Youth 1, the scores are like 96.63, 96.48, 96.48, 96.26, 96.26, 96.26, 96.11. So practically a 7-way tie. I wouldn't want to be a judge here.

We are SJ2. There were 40 teams in semi finals. There is a 3 way tie for 2nd, a tie for 5th and a tie for 16th.

The WC for our division has 38 teams and 2 ties.

Up early catching some J5.

The talent at the Junior 5 and JC5 level is crazy. (ECE, CEA, WC, etc.)

These kids: 2 to whip to double.

Me at 9: *thinks I'm super cool because I have a jump to tuck*

I LOVE the camera angles from Summit. I did not see this as much with WORLDS but they show the routines from different angles, cut to the coaches and fans in the crowd, etc.

Random I just saw a Y5 team get a ring I think from a CEA location.

Did not know that division was still a thing.

Assuming they are the only?

Oh jeez I did not know! Sorry! I hope she is not injured!

Oh no she isn’t injured. My account was just to past due for them to let her stay on the team so they took her off. While that was extremely sad and my kid thought her life was over she had more time for other sports. She joined a million other sports and she was surprisingly good at some of them.

She got 2nd in tennis. Made it to the championship match before losing any! She absolutely loved her first year playing tennis and wants to play at a higher level.

She got 3rd in cross country at the district meet out of approx 100 girls.

She qualified for every event she competed in for track to make it to the meet of champions. (So a total of 5 events triple jump, long jump, 400, 800, and 1600 relay)

She actually went undefeated winning meet of champions, zone meet, and every track meet in triple jump! She was named MVP of her team.

She also enjoyed soccer, and golf but sadly is not as talented there lol.

She will now be in high school next year and she is going to be going for an IB diploma! She starts training for cross country next week, and was invited to go to Colorado for 2 weeks this summer with the highschool team to train.. they will be running 8-14 miles a day.

I thought we were going to go back to cheer but she says no! She wants to get better in tennis, track, and cross country so she can get scholarships and right now she wants to go to UCLA.

So our path has changed, what I thought with her was the end of the world is one of the biggest blessings.. she had no idea she was good at anything other than cheer and she is so happy!!

But we forever love our Stars Vipers family!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh no she isn’t injured. My account was just to past due for them to let her stay on the team so they took her off. While that was extremely sad and my kid thought her life was over she had more time for other sports. She joined a million other sports and she was surprisingly good at some of them.

She got 2nd in tennis. Made it to the championship match before losing any! She absolutely loved her first year playing tennis and wants to play at a higher level.

She got 3rd in cross country at the district meet out of approx 100 girls.

She qualified for every event she competed in for track to make it to the meet of champions. (So a total of 5 events triple jump, long jump, 400, 800, and 1600 relay)

She actually went undefeated winning meet of champions, zone meet, and every track meet in triple jump! She was named MVP of her team.

She also enjoyed soccer, and golf but sadly is not as talented there lol.

She will now be in high school next year and she is going to be going for an IB diploma! She starts training for cross country next week, and was invited to go to Colorado for 2 weeks this summer with the highschool team to train.. they will be running 8-14 miles a day.

I thought we were going to go back to cheer but she says no! She wants to get better in tennis, track, and cross country so she can get scholarships and right now she wants to go to UCLA.

So our path has changed, what I thought with her was the end of the world is one of the biggest blessings.. she had no idea she was good at anything other than cheer and she is so happy!!

But we forever love our Stars Vipers family!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow! That is awesome.

I think it might be easier to get to finals from the wild card round now, at least in some divisions. Our gym had 11 teams, 5 in WC and 6 AL/paid. 4 advanced from WC and only 2 from semis.

Sadly CP's team did not advance from semis even though they hit and looked great. It's tough. Still a good season with a cheersport win as highlight.

The comp is running fairly smoothly imo. Reveal in baseball stadium sucked though. Lightning and everyone had to move. We were watching a TV screen crowded in a walkway and could barely hear. And it was so hot yesterday!

Back