All-Star NCA 2023

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Platinum and Obsession celebrating their tie together in 2013 is one of my favorite cheerleading moments ever, it was so fun to see a tie in the same division 10 years later, plus my favorite medium coed teams were all top 2! I'm also very happy Generals and F5 went 1,2!!

Did any teams continue a winning streak this weekend? The only two I know of are WE Black Ops (5th in a row) and All-Star Revolution Honor (8th in a row). Sassycats won and I'm pretty sure they have a streak too. Is Cali Black Jacks a team this year?

Did any teams continue a winning streak this weekend? The only two I know of are WE Black Ops (5th in a row) and All-Star Revolution Honor (8th in a row). Sassycats won and I'm pretty sure they have a streak too. Is Cali Black Jacks a team this year?
CA KittyKatz won for the 10th year in a row. We believe that ties the most historically with Cali Blackjacks, (who I don't think was a team this year.)

Another great NCA. NCA is the only competition left that feels like a ‘real’ National despite the tons of divisions. The only other time the best-of-the best all come together like this is Worlds. And even Worlds has become a little strange because now we let a select few teams remove themselves from their actual division to compete against essentially nobody in “Limited” for the same exact “World title” lol. So I feel grateful for NCA for still feeling like a totally real, best-of-the-best competition with no shenanigans.

I also like that Level 6 teams get their own special spotlight in the arena, because they deserve that recognition for being the “elite” of our sport. It also really simplifies things from a spectator perspective, knowing all of Level 6 is in the same venue.

Like any competition, you could find a few random oddities in the scores. I wish the Worlds scoresheet was used for everything. Some teams’ scores were like, 2 or more points higher for one performance than the other, and even as a highly educated viewer, I sometimes could not figure out why there was such a difference.

The results page ended up disappearing entirely, but at least NCA managed to get the actual scoresheets posted very quickly. Hopefully the actual results page comes back- there was an entire day of competition on Friday that is missing. I wonder why it’s so hard to input scores onto Varsity’s results format, but the scoresheets got posted minutes after awards.

Last edited:
One complaint- the different camera angle VarsityTV was switching to during routines for this competition was terrible, nobody wants to watch cheerleading from below the stage like that. Why in the world were they doing that, it added absolutely nothing. And they would often switch to and from that angle in the middle of skills.

I saw at least one team get just about their entire routine recorded from that low camera angle by accident. They deserve better.

Another great NCA. NCA is the only competition left that feels like a ‘real’ National despite the tons of divisions. The only other time the best-of-the best all come together like this is Worlds. And even Worlds has become a little strange because now we let a select few teams remove themselves from their actual division to compete against essentially nobody in “Limited” for the same exact “World title” lol. So I feel grateful for NCA for still feeling like a totally real, best-of-the-best competition with no shenanigans.

I also like that Level 6 teams get their own special spotlight in the arena, because they deserve that recognition for being the “elite” of our sport. It also really simplifies things from a spectator perspective, knowing all of Level 6 is in the same venue.

Like any competition, you could find a few random oddities in the scores. I wish the Worlds scoresheet was used for everything. Some teams’ scores were like, 2 or more points higher for one performance than the other, and even as a highly educated viewer, I sometimes could not figure out why there was such a difference.

The results page ended up disappearing entirely, but at least NCA managed to get the actual scoresheets posted very quickly. Hopefully the actual results page comes back- there was an entire day of competition on Friday that is missing. I wonder why it’s so hard to input scores onto Varsity’s results format, but the scoresheets got posted minutes after awards.
Yea I'm glad I got all the Friday scores down.

I definitely prefer the pdf files to view results, makes it a whole lot easier to see all results. But it is harder to find a specific division that way.

Apparently Supermodels' day 2 score was judged incorrectly and their new score would've caused them to win the IO6 division. Semi-related news: Supermodels are now Senior Open 6.

Back