OT Teacher Gifts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jun 30, 2010
Okay so I know it's not anywhere near the end of the year yet, but I need to start thinking now.... Since I always have to explain things in great detail and I cannot ever get my point across in a few sentences this will be long (also because I want people to understand the impact she has had on my life)...
I have this teacher named Mrs. Granados that I want to get a gift for. I don't want to do the typical apple/box of chocolates/ coffee cup gift :eek: ... I want it to be sentimental and special.
Ya see... Mrs. Granados has been absolutely AMAZING this year. She's taken her time to help me with... Life. Hahaha.... I injured my knee this year and have been struggling with not being able to cheer and everything. At one point (at the very beginning of the school year) I was told to be braced all the time. I didn't like talking about my injury to anyone because I was having a hard time accepting what had happened. At the end of class one day she had asked me what had happened and revealed to me that she understands because she tore her acl and meniscus and has given me tons of guidance and advice and was so sincere and was just very easy to talk to... not just about that but pretty much everything. I recently had to quit competition squad at school bc my knee problems were extremely unsafe for me and my flier. My knee gave out while I was basing and by the grace of God I caught myself with my left leg so she didn't fall! After that I knew I had to stop. I knew I was not only putting myself in danger but my teammates as well and if something happened to them because of me, I'd never forgive myself. But my teammates and coach dont understand and have completely turned their backs on me. My teammates are all even bashing me on facebook.... Mrs. Granados caught me crying after I told my coach yesterday that I had to quit...and after my coach asked me to quit varsity over all but said she wasn't going to kick me off.... she told me to come talk to her at lunch.... She said it was a good idea to do whats best for me and not to worry about them because they won't matter to me or be in my life after I graduate. And i started explaining my reasoning for quitting and she told me I dont have to explain myself to her and the ONLY one i need to explain myself to is my coach and if shes unwilling to undertand then thats on her (she coaches track, so she knows from a coach's POV). And there are more times she's helped me out like that and taken my side and told me it was going to be okay. Mrs. Granados has taught me to see problems from this injury from a more positive point of view. She's so reliable and amazing. I want to show her my appreciation. I think it's absolutely baffling that my own team and coach don't understand/don't care about my situation and pretty much threw me in the dark, yet this teacher supports me and cares for me more than anyone on my team! Yet, I'm so grateful. I have thanked her a lot and told her I appreciate her. But I want to get her something. I have no idea what to get. What are good teacher gifts??

We teachers LOVE letters from our students. Write her a letter thanking her and telling her how much she's helped you this year. I promise you it will mean so much to her, and it's something that she'll keep forever and look back on with fondness-unlike a gift card to TGIFridays that will be blown that Friday night!

I was just gonna say write her a letter, but MissBee beat me to it :p Maybe you could make her something nice for her desk as well? Literally MAKE it. I think home made things speak a lot louder than store bought things. It shows you actually put time, effort and thought into it and care for them. She sounds like a great teacher and an even greater person :)

I echo the letter as well. One year a student wrote me this amazing letter about the positive impact I had had on her life and how I had helped her and got me this teeny tiny Forever Friends bear ornament holding a letter that said thank you on it. I still have that letter and bear, in fact the bear is looking at me right now as it is on my desk at home :) You don't need to buy a big expensive gift, quite often the smaller things are the ones that really say how you feel ;)

Eyes On The Prize: yes! She is an amazing person.
Thank you so much for the input everyone! I'm def going to write her a letter. And I think I know what I'm going to get her! I had told my friend (as a matter of fact it was lakerfantlc ) about all this... I don't think I told you guys but mrs Granados let me use her acl brace until I got my own. She just braught it in ... I didnt even ask... and told me to use it because she doesn't and "someone needs to get my money's worth out of it" hahaha so I'm going to give her a picture of myself in it with a caption that says "Thanks for the leg up on the situation!" that was tawnes idea and I thought it was hilarious. And mrs Granados always seems to see me around when I'm walking to the gym for prac and am wearing a huge bow. She teases me all the time about them so I think I'll make her a Notre Dame bow to hang on the cork board she has in the class room.

Eyes On The Prize: yes! She is an amazing person.
Thank you so much for the input everyone! I'm def going to write her a letter. And I think I know what I'm going to get her! I had told my friend (as a matter of fact it was lakerfantlc ) about all this... I don't think I told you guys but mrs Granados let me use her acl brace until I got my own. She just braught it in ... I didnt even ask... and told me to use it because she doesn't and "someone needs to get my money's worth out of it" hahaha so I'm going to give her a picture of myself in it with a caption that says "Thanks for the leg up on the situation!" that was tawnes idea and I thought it was hilarious. And mrs Granados always seems to see me around when I'm walking to the gym for prac and am wearing a huge bow. She teases me all the time about them so I think I'll make her a Notre Dame bow to hang on the cork board she has in the class room.
you are a great kid jalynn....Im so proud of you...always!!!!

We teachers LOVE letters from our students. Write her a letter thanking her and telling her how much she's helped you this year. I promise you it will mean so much to her, and it's something that she'll keep forever and look back on with fondness-unlike a gift card to TGIFridays that will be blown that Friday night!

I echo the letter as well. One year a student wrote me this amazing letter about the positive impact I had had on her life and how I had helped her and got me this teeny tiny Forever Friends bear ornament holding a letter that said thank you on it. I still have that letter and bear, in fact the bear is looking at me right now as it is on my desk at home :) You don't need to buy a big expensive gift, quite often the smaller things are the ones that really say how you feel ;)

Just out of curiosity, what grade do you both teach? :) I appreciate you and what you do. I know that a lot of the time, being a teacher can be a thankless job...
I am so appreciative of my teachers I've had... And I have full respect for them all.... but Mrs Granados has made the biggest impact on my life :)

Just out of curiosity, what grade do you both teach? :) I appreciate you and what you do. I know that a lot of the time, being a teacher can be a thankless job...
I am so appreciative of my teachers I've had... And I have full respect for them all.... but Mrs Granados has made the biggest impact on my life :)

I'm a literacy coach for my district....so I help teachers with their reading and writing lessons, take care of all of our district wide assessments (teaching the teachers how to give them, helping give them and then crunching the numbers), pulling groups of low level readers for small group instruction.
Before that, I taught K-3 (a few years at each grade level)!

I am a high school music teacher but high schools start at age 11 in the UK. So I think it's like your middle school and high school combined. Let us know what she says about your gift, I think it's a great idea

Back