OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
I watched yesterday (7/25/2017) show, it was an exclusive interview with Abby Lee before starting her incarceration and I felt both bad and embarrassed for this lady... She spent the whole interview crying (hey, whatever happened to saving those tears for the pillow or worse trying to convince the world of her lack sophiscation and how she grew up in a man's world and she was not provided the same opportunities to learn about paying bills and being financially responsible... She even mentioned that not having a husband handicapped her in many ways and how everyone turned their backs on her... She came off as so weak and such the victim in this situation and everybody took advantage of her naivete... Unfortunately, she needs counseling to grow from this situation or she will may repeat it again...jmo

I watched yesterday (7/25/2017) show, it was an exclusive interview with Abby Lee before starting her incarceration and I felt both bad and embarrassed for this lady... She spent the whole interview crying (hey, whatever happened to saving those tears for the pillow or worse trying to convince the world of her lack sophiscation and how she grew up in a man's world and she was not provided the same opportunities to learn about paying bills and being financially responsible... She even mentioned that not having a husband handicapped her in many ways and how everyone turned their backs on her... She came off as so weak and such the victim in this situation and everybody took advantage of her naivete... Unfortunately, she needs counseling to grow from this situation or she will may repeat it again...jmo

I did find myself feeling bad for her a little bit. It seemed like she believed she was above the rules set for her bankruptcy agreement.

Just curious about the U of L dance show; I've only watched a preview when the coach said they have the most national titles. Is this really true? And if it is... does it hold much weight?
Meaning, they compete NCA. It seems that more strong teams seem to compete UCA (i.e., Kentucky, ASU, Minnesota...) plus, I don't recall Louisville has ever been selected as the USA national team for ICU Worlds. Granted, they could just compete NCA because their cheer teams do, but if they're apparently so dang good, why haven't they been an ICU team?
(Granted, I don't know much about dance, just thoughts I had after hearing the claim)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious about the U of L dance show; I've only watched a preview when the coach said they have the most national titles. Is this really true? And if it is... does it hold much weight?
Meaning, they compete NCA. It seems that more strong teams seem to compete UCA (i.e., Kentucky, ASU, Minnesota...) plus, I don't recall Louisville has ever been selected as the USA national team for ICU Worlds. Granted, they could just compete NCA because their cheer teams do, but if they're apparently so dang good, why haven't they been an ICU team?
(Granted, I don't know much about dance, just thoughts I had after hearing the claim)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dance teams submit their routines to be considered for Team USA in January. So generally the teams chosen are UCA teams, since they compete in January. Dance teams that compete at NCA generally don't put together their competition routines until Feb/March since they don't compete until April.

I did find myself feeling bad for her a little bit. It seemed like she believed she was above the rules set for her bankruptcy agreement.

Everyone I know that has declared bankruptcy (and I've known a few) believed that they were above the rules. That's how they got in trouble to begin with. The rules don't apply to them and they didn't follow the #1 financial rule of don't spend more than you earn.

Maybe its just me, but i cannot stand the pettyness and negativity within the UofL ladybirds team. The coach seems honest and real, with some added dramatics of course...
I get that being on a team like that, you need to be competitive, but what has happened to being in a sisterhood, and not putting your sisters down?
They should work together to get everyone on the required level, not this bitching that seems to be the norm.

Maybe its just me, but i cannot stand the pettiness and negativity within the UofL ladybirds team. The coach seems honest and real, with some added dramatics of course...
I get that being on a team like that, you need to be competitive, but what has happened to being in a sisterhood, and not putting your sisters down?
They should work together to get everyone on the required level, not this bitching that seems to be the norm.

I haven't watched this yet, but a friend of mine said she was very disappointed in the catty aspect of the girls and felt by this age that shouldn't be a focus. I'm guessing anything for TV ratings?? I did DVR but I will watch it another day.

I haven't watched this yet, but a friend of mine said she was very disappointed in the catty aspect of the girls and felt by this age that shouldn't be a focus. I'm guessing anything for TV ratings?? I did DVR but I will watch it another day.

It is very much " im the favorite, cant help it, nobody takes it away from me" & "she's always center point dancer, i need to work hard and get her spot"...
If it is scripted it has similiarities with dancemoms , the difference being that the girls "fight the popularity battle on their own". If it was the true culture within the team...then it aint no team,but just a bunch of individuals in the same uniform. I definitely agree with your friend, these girls have some more growing up to do.

It is very much " im the favorite, cant help it, nobody takes it away from me" & "she's always center point dancer, i need to work hard and get her spot"...
If it is scripted it has similiarities with dancemoms , the difference being that the girls "fight the popularity battle on their own". If it was the true culture within the team...then it aint no team,but just a bunch of individuals in the same uniform. I definitely agree with your friend, these girls have some more growing up to do.

where do you watch it?

Thanks, i was just asking because normally you cant watch lifetime from outside the US . But i will look it up
Sorry, didn't even pay attention to your location. Hope you can find it. My 14-year-old watched about five minutes and said there was too much drama for her. I enjoyed the coach's funny comments!

Sorry, didn't even pay attention to your location. Hope you can find it. My 14-year-old watched about five minutes and said there was too much drama for her. I enjoyed the coach's funny comments!

I just watched it. I am not sure how much i like it. I hope they just made up some artificial Drama for tv , because if that is the normal way the girls on the team talk to each other that would be pretty terrible

Back