OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Caught a rerun on So Sharp today. I'm surprised that the university allowed the show. I wonder what the school/dance team is getting out of it. Because after watching one episode, I'm not thinking "Wow, what a great team/school/whatever." I'm thinking, "Holy moly, what a bunch of petty, entitled brats," whether it is scripted or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caught a rerun on So Sharp today. I'm surprised that the university allowed the show. I wonder what the school/dance team is getting out of it. Because after watching one episode, I'm not thinking "Wow, what a great team/school/whatever." I'm thinking, "Holy moly, what a bunch of petty, entitled brats," whether it is scripted or not.

I agree 100%. I think episode 1 did nothing but showcase that some girls really don't grow up after high school and I think it's sad.

I am actually loving So Sharp because the coach makes it all. I love his personality. The only thing that sucks is we can find out who gets to "dance at nationals" with a quick youtube search (and sadly the brattiness DOES allow certain girls to get their way in the end).

I don't know Todd from a can of house paint, so my only exposure to him is the show and to me it seems like he's playing an Abby Lee Miller role and over acting and exaggerating for the cameras. Maybe he's like that irl.....but I mean I wouldn't know ‍♀️

And the girls had horrible attitudes, all of them. Even Kobe. I'm surprised they don't focus more on Kendall Vertes sister... esp since she did the press events. Maybe she plays a more prominent role later on...hence the Jill "cameo".

I hated the whole weigh-in scene and the "I'm fat comments". I feel like a lot of viewers are kids trickling over from Dance Moms. I know the same topic comes up on DCMTT but at least its constructive and the end game is always "lose weight in a healthy way!" And the girls always articulate that. It's never "I'm mad because I'm fat"

But honestly what I found most bothersome and distracting about the show I can't say because it's mean. But my friend pointed out to me too so I know I'm not alone.

I don't know Todd from a can of house paint, so my only exposure to him is the show and to me it seems like he's playing an Abby Lee Miller role and over acting and exaggerating for the cameras. Maybe he's like that irl.....but I mean I wouldn't know ‍♀️

And the girls had horrible attitudes, all of them. Even Kobe. I'm surprised they don't focus more on Kendall Vertes sister... esp since she did the press events. Maybe she plays a more prominent role later on...hence the Jill "cameo".

I hated the whole weigh-in scene and the "I'm fat comments". I feel like a lot of viewers are kids trickling over from Dance Moms. I know the same topic comes up on DCMTT but at least its constructive and the end game is always "lose weight in a healthy way!" And the girls always articulate that. It's never "I'm mad because I'm fat"

But honestly what I found most bothersome and distracting about the show I can't say because it's mean. But my friend pointed out to me too so I know I'm not alone.

Which one is Kendall sister?

There are a lot of things I thought during the show that are not appropriate for public forums, especially ones with my name and photo attached.

Which one is Kendall sister?

I can't describe her because they all low key looked alike to me and she wasn't a focal point...just in the background here and there. Look on Jill's Instagram and you'll see her

There are a lot of things I thought during the show that are not appropriate for public forums, especially ones with my name and photo attached.

....oh well mine isn't that bad. It's just something I can't relate, to that a lot of folks struggle with. It's fixable tho

Ryleigh was the girl with the long honey blonde hair. She's always in the front for dances but the only scene she was actually a part of was in the very beginning when the girls are sitting in a circle and Melissa starts on her 'Im so popular thats why Todd came to my 21st Birthday' speel. I was really surprised they didn't focus on her much either but my only guess is she has always come off as sweet to me and so her personality didn't fit into the image they were trying to create for the show. All the other girls that were featured all seem to be pretty catty so thats just my guess.

Ryleigh was the girl with the long honey blonde hair. She's always in the front for dances but the only scene she was actually a part of was in the very beginning when the girls are sitting in a circle and Melissa starts on her 'Im so popular thats why Todd came to my 21st Birthday' speel. I was really surprised they didn't focus on her much either but my only guess is she has always come off as sweet to me and so her personality didn't fit into the image they were trying to create for the show. All the other girls that were featured all seem to be pretty catty so thats just my guess.
I watched the program and was shocked by the weight scene and the over cattiness of the girls who were featured too. However, my daughter watched the program too and she was mainly interested in being on a college dance squad and frankly, she was not that appalled by the weight scene and she seemed to accept that the girls were going to be catty when competing for spots on a competitive squad like this...Furthermore, she mentioned that girl Marissa is no different from the entitled girls who like to name drop that she knows and she was similar to Chelsea on Cheerleading Nation program, who claimed that she was the princess because she had a special relationship with the Coach... In essence, I think every competitive reality show have this little snowflake, but thankfully, these girls are made to work for their positions on the team too...

PS: I enjoyed the program and I even went back and watched youtube videos of this team performing at NDA and noticed that the team had several center dancers... Kayla for Poms, Marissa, I think for Jazz and Kobie for HipHop in the performance...

Last edited:

Kendall said in a livestream that Ryleigh will be featured more in upcoming episodes, she just didn't happen to have a storyline in the premiere.

Kendall said in a livestream that Ryleigh will be featured more in upcoming episodes, she just didn't happen to have a storyline in the premiere.

Oh awesome! She's a beautiful dancer, I'm excited she'll be featured

Did anyone else get really uncomfortable during S8E01 when abby brought the mini's into her office (without their moms) and shut the door?

Maybe I am just being super hyper sensitive due to all the news surrounding abuse of minors (the photographer in the cheer world/ Nassar case in the gymnastics world) but that seemed somewhat inappropriate to me, even if they are on mics and camera...

Last edited:
Did anyone else get really uncomfortable during S8E01 when abby brought the mini's into her office (without their moms) and shut the door?

Maybe I am just being super hyper sensitive due to all the news surrounding abuse of minors (the photographer in the cheer world/ Nassar case in the gymnastics world) but that seemed somewhat inappropriate to me, even if they are on mics and camera...
I thought the same. Even with the best intentions in the world, that could be taken wrong. Not a situation you want to put yourself in these days. It's a shame that it is that way, but coaches should protect themselves. I will say that it seemed someone else was back there, but still either let parents come in with them or keep all doors open. I can understand not wanting the cameras, but it was handled poorly.

Back