All-Star The Majors Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Am I the only one who DIED after watching CEA Senior Elite... Dang.. That is one of the BEST cheerleading performances to date. Just incredible in all areas, their raw score should have been 98.. So awesome!!

"How in the world does a tie happen?"

Two teams get the same score. They have no published tie-breaking system that I am aware of. It may not be satisfying to everyone who was watching, but if they get the same score, what else are you supposed to do? Ties are not necessarily a fault of the system or a sign of political maneuverings. Sometimes it just works out that way.

Judges can award points down to .1. Ties are not common, but they are statistically likely to pop up from time to time. I am not privy to Cali's scoresheets, but I would assume that CA outscored them in some areas, and they outscored us in others and it balanced out in the long run.

It is worth noting that Jam Brands, Varsity, and Worlds all have dramatically different scoresheets. Each has intricacies that reward the teams that pay attention to the rubric and the grid. The more times we attend each, the more we learn - and the more we realize how much we still have to learn. I know that we made significant changes to routines specifically to fit the Jam Brand scoresheet that we think really helped our scores, but we also learned some things that will hopefully help us next season (assuming we are invited again.)

I was surprised to see all of the drama here about large coed, because there didn't seem to be any between the actual teams. They both seemed genuinely excited about the result. I know both sets of coaches seemed happy as well.

I have no information or opinion about the legalities for CEA.

I am literally SO shocked...CEA was on point today. I don't understand the judging at all...CSP knows her stuff and wouldn't send any team, let alone not her two teams that are her heart and soul, with something illegal.
I went through and compared SE and Aces, watched each routine a good 20 times, and can't fathom how SE didn't win...Aces had a lot of stunt fakes. First stunt one or two groups faked the switch, and several did lib to lib and didn't do a stretch. The ripple high to high section after tumbling...I can't even...half of the team doesn't switch. And that beat Senior Elite's tick tocks with the spin that I don't even know how to name because they're so difficult and crazy?! What?!
And a TIE? Really? There's three teams in a division, pick a dang winner. Like seriously, what are the actual odds that a competition with 10 teams would end up with a tie? With the exception of Smoed, I feel like this was fixed..

I am literally SO shocked...CEA was on point today. I don't understand the judging at all...CSP knows her stuff and wouldn't send any team, let alone not her two teams that are her heart and soul, with something illegal.
I went through and compared SE and Aces, watched each routine a good 20 times, and can't fathom how SE didn't win...Aces had a lot of stunt fakes. First stunt one or two groups faked the switch, and several did lib to lib and didn't do a stretch. The ripple high to high section after tumbling...I can't even...half of the team doesn't switch. And that beat Senior Elite's tick tocks with the spin that I don't even know how to name because they're so difficult and crazy?! What?!
And a TIE? Really? There's three teams in a division, pick a dang winner. Like seriously, what are the actual odds that a competition with 10 teams would end up with a tie? With the exception of Smoed, I feel like this was fixed..

Once you hit a certain range in scores, no matter how many tick tocks you do after that, it won't affect your score much--if at all. And stunting isn't the only part on the score sheet.

Not sure if this has been asked but with 4 teams winning and after last years problems, is it likely that all teams will be able to make/afford the trip to come over here to England? I just don't want to get my hopes up!

Not sure if this has been asked but with 4 teams winning and after last years problems, is it likely that all teams will be able to make/afford the trip to come over here to England? I just don't want to get my hopes up!

Same, the fact that CA didn't send Panthers last years means they are more than likely not going to send Cheetahs over because that would be unfair. Then it's just going to be a Cali showcase at Jamfest Europe if any teams decided to go. From a 'fan-girl' point of view, not hating on Cali they hit three awesome routines but I would of preferred three different teams winning. A lot more variety of talent and teams for us in England that can't go out and afford worlds.

i'm so glad Panthers are finally BACK! I don't care if they just add 8 stunts. As long as they can hit it perfectly, everything looks just perfectly fine for me ;) Go BABS!!

There hasn't been any mention of it other than from Jamfest Europe on their facebook a bit ago...I wouldn't bet on anyone coming!

Same, the fact that CA didn't send Panthers last years means they are more than likely not going to send Cheetahs over because that would be unfair. Then it's just going to be a Cali showcase at Jamfest Europe if any teams decided to go. From a 'fan-girl' point of view, not hating on Cali they hit three awesome routines but I would of preferred three different teams winning. A lot more variety of talent and teams for us in England that can't go out and afford worlds.

I seriously wouldn't mind a Cali showcase! I love all of them and I think it would be amazing to see them live! I see where you're coming from though, guess we'll find out soon!

Back