All-Star The Summit 2017 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Except for releasing the scores, lol! ;)

USASF didn't release the scores, the coaches posted their scoresheets. That hasn't really happened for Summit. I believe we got the exact same information in the same format from Varsity, but there are far more divisions and the information hasn't seemed to make its way to the public yet.

USASF isn't exactly the model for transparency. I'm pretty sure there was a year when USASF didn't even release the final scores to the coaches of the teams in the divisions. That is right, they wouldn't tell the coaches what the scores were, just the final rank.

It was so weird-- varsity was posting the scores on the screens in HP on Sunday for the teams in awards; but didn't announce the scores at the actual awards session.
So I did see some scores from the weekend released by varsity, but for my daughter's team I was actually at awards and not in the Hp center.

It was so weird-- varsity was posting the scores on the screens in HP on Sunday for the teams in awards; but didn't announce the scores at the actual awards session.
So I did see some scores from the weekend released by varsity, but for my daughter's team I was actually at awards and not in the Hp center.
The only thing remotely close to a score that I heard was that LS2 places 1-3 were separated by .4 - no scores given tho.

Curious Question. If scores/breakdowns were released-to public-would you be satisfied with the judges (scores/deductions etc). Or would you be questioning it?

Curious Question. If scores/breakdowns were released-to public-would you be satisfied with the judges (scores/deductions etc). Or would you be questioning it?
If you are asking me...I guess it would depend on if the scores/deductions matched the routines put on the mat. I thought Worlds seemed pretty spot on this year for the most part. Anyway...I am really just curious to see them bc it helps me to learn more about the sport. And it just seems weird not to post them.

If you are asking me...I guess it would depend on if the scores/deductions matched the routines put on the mat. I thought Worlds seemed pretty spot on this year for the most part. Anyway...I am really just curious to see them bc it helps me to learn more about the sport. And it just seems weird not to post them.
Oh no, not directed at you. Just a general question to anyone.
But thanks for your answer :).

My heart hurts for my daughter's team. They had the highest score out of the 38 SS4 teams going into finals and had a stunt fall. On a positive note, I was really happy for KaPrincesses winning.
Which team is your CP on? That Mojave Python team beat everyone at Cheersport in the division by about 3 points so when I saw they got 12th I logged in to Varsity.tv to watch video.

Which team is your CP on? That Mojave Python team beat everyone at Cheersport in the division by about 3 points so when I saw they got 12th I logged in to Varsity.tv to watch video.

I think that's who she's talking about - I felt terrible for them, especially after noticing one of the girls injured her foot near the beginning of the routine.

Except for releasing the scores, lol! ;)

I have heard from a very reliable source that Varsity did this at the request of the Gyms and didn't expect the backlash they received on not releasing scores to the public, especially the parents.. I was also told this will change in some still to be determined capacity next year.

Back