All-Star The Summit-bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

THANK YOU!!! That was my biggest concern this season (about the Summit). It seemed like EP's were just giving bids so there were some divisions getting all the bids and others that got VERY few. I understand that some divisions have a lot of teams that "deserved" a spot, but there should still be solid competition in each division. JMO
Yes! there should be a minimum of perhaps 6 teams in each division before they begin awarding more bids in super competitive divisions like small senior and junior 3 that each have 20-plus teams competing at Summit.

I looked at the performance orders and I think the Junior 5 divisions coed/all girl should have gone last of the day in the milk house. Additionally I am a little nervous for the kids of the worlds gyms that will basically not get to have practice for a week before the summit. The kids from non worlds gyms have an advantage here.

LOL. But the teams crossing over Worlds athletes aren't at an advantage?

Yes! there should be a minimum of perhaps 6 teams in each division before they begin awarding more bids in super competitive divisions like small senior and junior 3 that each have 20-plus teams competing at Summit.
How is that fair? Bids should be awarded to the top scoring teams at the competition where the bids are being given. Don't forget that many, many bids were given out and declined - the EP can't force teams to attend just because they get a bid, so they have no way of knowing which divisions will have more teams until the last bids are given out. I would be more mad if the Summit was giving out bids to teams that were not top scoring teams just to fill the divisions at the Summit - it is supposed to be the "best of the best". It would not be fair if a junior 3 team got grand champs at a comp and didn't get the bid because the Senior 2 division doesn't have as many teams registered yet. Is it fair that Worlds has 6 Large Senior teams where everybody makes it to finals and almost 90 small coed teams where only 10 make it to finals? It is because you know going into the competition that it is set up this way, so if you wanted to go "just to make it to finals" you could put a team of 31 on the mat. I think it is great that there are huge divisions, and if the Summit has a successful competition this year divisions will all be full in future years.

??? Who said anything about teams crossing over Worlds athletes. I said gyms that have world's teams big difference. Obviously if a gym has a worlds team their coaches would not be at the gym for practice during Worlds.

??? Who said anything about teams crossing over Worlds athletes. I said gyms that have world's teams big difference. Obviously if a gym has a worlds team their coaches would not be at the gym for practice during Worlds.

Our gym has several worlds teams and the coaches will be returning to have practices with our team and getting on a plane 4 days later and returning to Orlando. We are not missing out on any practice!

Don't forget that many, many bids were given out and declined - the EP can't force teams to attend just because they get a bid, so they have no way of knowing which divisions will have more teams until the last bids are given out.

Exactly! There is no Youth 5 division not because there is no Youth 5 division offered by The Summit, but because Youth 5 teams declined bids. Summit cannot help that, nor know who will accept or decline bids. I am sure after this year, quite a few things will be tweaked for the following year but it is nice to be part of the "inaugural" event :)

How is that fair? Bids should be awarded to the top scoring teams at the competition where the bids are being given. Don't forget that many, many bids were given out and declined - the EP can't force teams to attend just because they get a bid, so they have no way of knowing which divisions will have more teams until the last bids are given out. I would be more mad if the Summit was giving out bids to teams that were not top scoring teams just to fill the divisions at the Summit - it is supposed to be the "best of the best". It would not be fair if a junior 3 team got grand champs at a comp and didn't get the bid because the Senior 2 division doesn't have as many teams registered yet. Is it fair that Worlds has 6 Large Senior teams where everybody makes it to finals and almost 90 small coed teams where only 10 make it to finals? It is because you know going into the competition that it is set up this way, so if you wanted to go "just to make it to finals" you could put a team of 31 on the mat. I think it is great that there are huge divisions, and if the Summit has a successful competition this year divisions will all be full in future years.
Wow, feisty! How is it fair that there are teams with only one team in their divsion and they automatically move onto day two. I'm not the EP so I don't know the exact solution to this, but it was a simple observation. Thanks for getting on your soap box though..

And by the way, you should probably be mad because many of the bids were passed down to second, third and fourth place teams just to fill slots. They weren't the top scoring teams. So you're "best of the best" theory isn't quite accurate. Hopefully you're right. Since this is the inaugural season, maybe they'll work out the kinks for next year's Summit. Trial and error my friend...

Wow, feisty! How is it fair that there are teams with only one team in their divsion and they automatically move onto day two. I'm not the EP so I don't know the exact solution to this, but it was a simple observation. Thanks for getting on your soap box though..

Not attacking or anything, just asking... Do you find it unfair when a comp only has one Youth 5 and they "automatically" win?

Without forcing all the gyms that have a youth 5 or j5 to attend this comp? They are a pretty rare level to have where as youth 1's, sr 3's, ect... those are a dime a dozen so it is much easier for a top placing team to be handed a bid and accept it - they are at every competition bids were offered. And personally, I'd say a first, second, or third placing team "top placing" especially at a large comp such as NCA nationals.

Wow, feisty! How is it fair that there are teams with only one team in their divsion and they automatically move onto day two. I'm not the EP so I don't know the exact solution to this, but it was a simple observation. Thanks for getting on your soap box though.
And by the way, you should probably be mad because many of the bids were passed down to second, third and fourth place teams just to fill slots. They weren't the top scoring teams. So you're "best of the best" theory isn't quite accurate. Hopefully you're right. Since this is the inaugural season, maybe they'll work out the kinks for next year's Summit. Trial and error my friend...
:confused: not sure why there is a need to have an attitude - this is a discussion board. The difference in what you posted above is that the bids were passed down when the higher scoring teams turned the bid down, and they were handed down to the next highest scoring teams. The same thing happens with World's bids. A bid gets handed down to a lower scoring team if a team either already has a bid or does not wish to accept the bid. Your original post stated that bids should be given to fill divisions rather than award them to teams that deserved them, and I respectfully disagree. Some divisions are hard to fill at any competition - CHEERSPORT for example is one of the biggest competitions in the country and they had two Youth 4 teams and one Youth 5 team and 25 Junior 3 small teams - at any competition a division such as Junior 3 is always going to be a huge division, and I feel that just because there are already 20 in that division doesn't mean a team that competes late in the season at a Summit bid-awarding competition shouldn't be eligible because there are already "too many teams" that accepted bids in their division.

a team that competes late in the season at a Summit bid-awarding competition shouldn't be eligible because there are already "too many teams" that accepted bids in their division.
We ran into this issue at one of bid comps in early FEBRUARY!! That particular EP had "run out of" youth 1 bids but we weren't told that until after the comp when we called and complained/questioned how they were handing them out - they were looking to fill particular divisions only. We are attending the Gym Owners Conference in Vegas next month specifically to attend the roundtable discussions about Summit to work on a solution to monitor how the bids are distributed.

I am adopting a wait and see attitude for the summit. I am sure there are a lot of kinks to work out. I love the fact they are trying something to recognize the lower levels. I just wish it wasn't so expensive to go. And honestly if you win your division you are not the best in the country like at worlds. You are just the best out of the teams that were able to go. Not trying to knock the teams going. Just trying to keep it in perspective .

WHOA tiger any idea when a tentative performance order will be up or even emailed to coaches? Hopefully before worlds for the coaches that will be staying through and need to get info out to parents before we leave ;)

Back