All-Star The Summit-bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

:confused: not sure why there is a need to have an attitude - this is a discussion board. The difference in what you posted above is that the bids were passed down when the higher scoring teams turned the bid down, and they were handed down to the next highest scoring teams. The same thing happens with World's bids. A bid gets handed down to a lower scoring team if a team either already has a bid or does not wish to accept the bid. Your original post stated that bids should be given to fill divisions rather than award them to teams that deserved them, and I respectfully disagree. Some divisions are hard to fill at any competition - CHEERSPORT for example is one of the biggest competitions in the country and they had two Youth 4 teams and one Youth 5 team and 25 Junior 3 small teams - at any competition a division such as Junior 3 is always going to be a huge division, and I feel that just because there are already 20 in that division doesn't mean a team that competes late in the season at a Summit bid-awarding competition shouldn't be eligible because there are already "too many teams" that accepted bids in their division.
Maybe instead of handing them down to the lower scoring team in those packed divisions, maybe EP's should then consider passing those bids out to the first place teams in divisions with fewer teams competing at Summit?

Maybe instead of handing them down to the lower scoring team in those packed divisions, maybe EP's should then consider passing those bids out to the first place teams in divisions with fewer teams competing at Summit?
I think that the point that quitthedrama was trying to make is that at just about any comp that you go to all year, there are some divisions that are huge and some that are lucky to have 2 or 3 teams. If there aren't a lot of youth 4 or 5 teams, there is nothing that they can do to make the division larger, no matter how many bids that they give out. That is something that may never change....if you look at the Summit divisions and compare them to NCA or Cheersport, the division sizes are going to be similar.

I think that the point that quitthedrama was trying to make is that at just about any comp that you go to all year, there are some divisions that are huge and some that are lucky to have 2 or 3 teams. If there aren't a lot of youth 4 or 5 teams.
I agree. I wonder if Varsity has the data as to how many total Sm. J 3's ( or another saturated division) have competed nationwide this season. I think it would overall put the Summit numbers into perspective.

I am adopting a wait and see attitude for the summit. I am sure there are a lot of kinks to work out. I love the fact they are trying something to recognize the lower levels. I just wish it wasn't so expensive to go. And honestly if you win your division you are not the best in the country like at worlds. You are just the best out of the teams that were able to go. Not trying to knock the teams going. Just trying to keep it in perspective .
Exactly. I know of a few teams that are extremely competitive that aren't going to The Summit and have won major national competitions.

I think that the point that quitthedrama was trying to make is that at just about any comp that you go to all year, there are some divisions that are huge and some that are lucky to have 2 or 3 teams. If there aren't a lot of youth 4 or 5 teams, there is nothing that they can do to make the division larger, no matter how many bids that they give out. That is something that may never change....if you look at the Summit divisions and compare them to NCA or Cheersport, the division sizes are going to be similar.

My CP's small J4 team only had one other team in their division all season and that included large and small gyms, until NCA, and even then there was only 6 teams total compared to my other CP's small Sr 4 that had 11 in their small gym division. Both teams were offered a bid but had already accepted a bid to The One in New Orleans, so the bids were declined. I think I counted 13 total for JL4S for The Summit which is includes both large and small gyms.

My division has like 6 or 7 with full paid bids,and the rest at large ( and only competing against 2 of them this season that have full paid and 1 or 2 with an at large) I can only assume the other 5 paid bids are just as good, even the at large in my division. I know at some comps, the at large bids were only 10ths away from a team that got the paidbid, so just because a team is competing with an at large bid doesnt mean they cant bring it.

Every team can have an off day or a amazing day at any given comp. Even those who are consistant sometimes have those "unusal off days" And its amazing the drive us athletes get when we want something so bad. it always comes down to who will fight for it more, who wants it the most, regardless of Worlds or the Summit.
There will always be those AMAZING teams that dont show or go to worlds, but at the same time if they dont go, how do you know just how amazing they are if they dont show up. Winning national comps is great, but you going against other teams who also win big national titles that in itself is great and an honnor! :)

My division has like 6 or 7 with full paid bids,and the rest at large ( and only competing against 2 of them this season that have full paid and 1 or 2 with an at large) I can only assume the other 5 paid bids are just as good, even the at large in my division. I know at some comps, the at large bids were only 10ths away from a team that got the paidbid, so just because a team is competing with an at large bid doesnt mean they cant bring it.

Every team can have an off day or a amazing day at any given comp. Even those who are consistant sometimes have those "unusal off days" And its amazing the drive us athletes get when we want something so bad. it always comes down to who will fight for it more, who wants it the most, regardless of Worlds or the Summit.
There will always be those AMAZING teams that dont show or go to worlds, but at the same time if they dont go, how do you know just how amazing they are if they dont show up. Winning national comps is great, but you going against other teams who also win big national titles that in itself is great and an honnor! :)

Love this!! Can you PM me please? :D

I think the summit is going to be great and I cant wait to get on that floor at the milk house, meet new people from teams I dont get to see every year, and compete against some of the west coast teams. For me I feel my division is just like worlds, so many that are so good, anyones game. How exciting. This is what I live for!

This makes me happy (and giddy, excited...). :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My daughter is going to The Summit with a passed down at large bid, on a lowly ;) J1 team. Do you have any idea how hard it was to get a j1 bid? Every comp she went to reserved the bids for the highest scoring teams at the comps. How is a j1 team going to out score a S4 team? Her team won every single competition this season, beating S1 teams over and over. A passed down at large doesn't mean her team doesn't deserve to go, OR that they won't be competitive.

I have a few questions related to Summit?

Do you know any teams that turned down a AL bid and went on to be awarded a PAID bid at a later competition?

As a cheer parent how would you feel if the Summit was listed as one of the competions you would be attending (if you recieved a bid) but then the gym put the bid up for vote and some of the parents voted "no" due to expense. Without trying to be insensitive to finances- how would you feel if this is something that you agreed to as part of your yearly competition schedule?
As a parent of a very good program, I am financially planning on this cost for my daughter and myself to attend no matter what. This way it isn't as difficult if we do go. This year our gym received two paid bids and several at large. Only the paid bids are going, so I am assuming we will do the same next year. I am hoping we get to go cus I may never make it to worlds.

Yup, so true.

Back