All-Star The Summit-bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hope the Summit works out in the future and becomes what they're aiming it to be. We all know which gyms are level five power houses but it would be cool to see what other gyms out there are great for the lower levels too. I think it could say a lot about the focus on level five teams in certain big name gyms.

Congrats to all the teams with Summit bids!

Thank you so much for “taking the climb” with us to our first ever Summit event coming up in just a couple weeks. We have some very important updates that we would like to inform everyone about:

First, Here is the Tentative event schedule. We appreciate your patience as we waited for our few remaining registrations to get in before we posted it. Please keep in mind that this schedule may change. http://register.varsity.com/VAS/13%20Summit%20Schedule.pdf

Second, we have a FINALS Update. With the overwhelming response to this event and the number of teams in certain divisions, we have decided to take additional teams to finals day! The following will be the breakdown of how many teams will advance from Day 1 to Day 2:

All divisions with 10 or less teams will have 5 teams advance to finals

All divisions with 11-19 teams will have 50% of the division advance to finals

All divisions with 20 or more teams will have 10 teams in the division advance to finals

Safe travels to “the happiest place on earth” and we look forward to seeing you at The Summit 2013!

Your right but I looked at the guidlines for j5. I could not find anything for combining all girl large and coed large in j5. I know at UCA ( Orlando ) they put all girl small in with all girl large and coed small in with large coed. So one of the 2 is not following the rules. A believe in level 5 a coed team has a bit of a advantage and that's why coed has its own division.

From the USASF age grid:

For Junior Co-Ed Level 5, if there is only ONE co-ed competing, then the all girl and one co-ed team must be combined into one Junior
Level 5 division (i.e. Four Junior Level 5 teams and one Junior Co-Ed Level 5 team = 5 Junior Level 5 teams for competition). If the
Junior teams were split into Small and Large, then the Co-Ed team must be placed with the teams closest to its size.

As a jr coed 5 mom, we only saw another coed at NCA and Cheersport. If not for combining, we'd have had no competition at all.

I am true to my word that since my cp is not competing in a tent or at Hollywood Studios I am a happy camper. I am even more happy that her team's chance of making it to day 2 has now doubled since they are taking 10 teams to finals instead of 5. There are some amazing teams in our divisions (I think there are actually more than 5 that won Cheersport or NCA), so I would take a chance at day 2 over the Milk House.

From the USASF age grid:

For Junior Co-Ed Level 5, if there is only ONE co-ed competing, then the all girl and one co-ed team must be combined into one Junior
Level 5 division (i.e. Four Junior Level 5 teams and one Junior Co-Ed Level 5 team = 5 Junior Level 5 teams for competition). If the
Junior teams were split into Small and Large, then the Co-Ed team must be placed with the teams closest to its size.

As a jr coed 5 mom, we only saw another coed at NCA and Cheersport. If not for combining, we'd have had no competition at all.
Well it appears the Summit has it correct. There is a all girl division and a coed division. It is not broken small and large. Coed vs coed and all girl vs all girl regardless of the size seems to be what makes sense. Now coed can compete against coed. All girl can compete against all girl. There are multiple tesms in coed and multiple in all girl. I think the Summit did a great job .

I looked at the performance orders and I think the Junior 5 divisions coed/all girl should have gone last of the day in the milk house. Additionally I am a little nervous for the kids of the worlds gyms that will basically not get to have practice for a week before the summit. The kids from non worlds gyms have an advantage here.

I noticed that and thought that's how it should be. And love how y'all changed finals (how many teams make it.)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I agree. It only makes sense to allow more teams to advance if there's 20-plus teams in a division like there are in my daughter's. Hopefully next year, the bids will be distributed a little more evenly. I'm curious though, what do the teams receive that move to finals, but do not win rings?

I agree. It only makes sense to allow more teams to advance if there's 20-plus teams in a division like there are in my daughter's. Hopefully next year, the bids will be distributed a little more evenly. I'm curious though, what do the teams receive that move to finals, but do not win rings?

THANK YOU!!! That was my biggest concern this season (about the Summit). It seemed like EP's were just giving bids so there were some divisions getting all the bids and others that got VERY few. I understand that some divisions have a lot of teams that "deserved" a spot, but there should still be solid competition in each division. JMO

Back