All-Star Things I Am Over This Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This board is officially too mean for me so I wont participate any more. There is really no reason to other than I thought it was fun to have a place to share thoughts, but its not too fun as it turns out. To suggest that someone should "stop digging" rather than apologize and clarify doesn't make sense. I guess I could have said nothing after the first post - but I offended mom's of athletes - that's not good so I apologized.

I hope you will reconsider and continue posting. I appreciated your apology.

After a few months (years) on the board you will realize there are hot button discussions that you must be very prepared to deal with if you are going to bring them up. Most dealing with Senior Elite qualify as contoversial. Often when a poster makes a negative comment it is seen as hating CEA/SE and a postive comment means the poster must drink Teal Koolaid and wear Teal/Black/White army fatigues. Most of us are somewhere in the middle but it is rarely seen that way.

Hang in there, maybe edit a little before posting, and hopefully you will learn a lot and make great friends as I have! Good luck!

I understand your complaint and I think I can probably guess why they did this....we too are a small gym, (I only have one crossover this year, but that is my mistake), I have a team of 24 junior girls and only 20 of them are junior girls, so I could actually have a youth team of 20 and a junior team of 24 with 20 crossovers. I wouldn't want to lose those 4 girls that are juniors as they are good cheerleaders and have been with me from the start.
yikes. I meant to type I have a team of 24 junior girls, but only 4 of them are actually junior age, so I could actually have a youth team of 20 and a junior team of 24 with 20 crossovers.

Wow - this isnt a nice place. I made a post that offended people - I didn't mean it about the team itself but it was taken that way since I worded it poorly so I clarified. The teal army comment was supposed to lighten the mood to be funny but that was again a mistake.

My original post first said how much I like Sr Elite - and how I think they are a worlds contender. That wasnt shoveling anything - its how I feel so please dont get it twisted (another attempt at being funny that I am sure will somehow get people to criticize again..maybe a little funny?).

This board is officially too mean for me so I wont participate any more. There is really no reason to other than I thought it was fun to have a place to share thoughts, but its not too fun as it turns out. To suggest that someone should "stop digging" rather than apologize and clarify doesn't make sense. I guess I could have said nothing after the first post - but I offended mom's of athletes - that's not good so I apologized.

I would not leave. The stop digging referred to the understanding of the travel, but not a bit of back tracking on you comment on our level of respect and how we feel about other teams and programs. You cannot know that kind of stuff. I think you have good opinions. I can understand sticking up for your team, especially when you are so invested in them. Our kids and parents have all ther respect in the world for the programs and teams with which we compete. I don't know of any untowad interactions that occured. Everyone was very hospitable. It was a great competition. Both teams deserved to win. I had no idea who would win until they called it out. The level of competition between these teams is very, very good for the sport. But in this instance, the so called "Teal Army" was not being critical of any team or program. You know, I think this "TeaL Army" is a bit of a myth, seems to me about equal representation of opinion here.

Back