All-Star Things I Am Over This Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm over lazy people at practice,when they don't go full out when supposed to, and when they do they just chunk everything over (jumps and tumbling). sorry hun, adrenaline won't get you all the way through the routine. and also back spots that don't catch/save the fyler and stunt when they clearly could've, I'm sorry you might not care about this but the rest of us do, please try out for HS cheer.

Amen! Like seriously, EXACTLY how i feel right now!

So over hearing .. "They won because there's a conspiracy against our team!"

It's cheerleading, not the CIA.

Exactly. Believe me, as a soccer referee I've heard all the complaints about how I'm biased towards team X because I'm calling fouls on team Y. I'm too busy just trying to make sure I see everything on the field to be worried about being "biased" towards anyone.

Judges might get things wrong sometimes, but I think it's very rare that they conspire to ensure that a particular team wins a competition.

ALSO: I'm over those fake cheerleaders when they congratulate you..FAKE. THEY'RE ALL FAKE. Okay Susie, I lost to your team..Stop the fakeness and leave me the heck alone.

ALSO: I'm over those fake cheerleaders when they congratulate you..FAKE. THEY'RE ALL FAKE. Okay Susie, I lost to your team..Stop the fakeness and leave me the heck alone.
They're not all fake. I know when someone beats me, I know that they deserved it. So if someone did better than us, then they obviously deserved to win. So, they deserve to be congratulated. And I'm more than happy to congratulate someone who deserves it.

Last year, my team's routine was crazy with the way it was set up! It went:

Jumps
Partner stunt
Running tumbling
Standing tumbling
Pyramid
Baskets #1
Dance
Baskets #2
Ending 2 8-counts of motions

I liked it, it was against the "norm" and I think it worked well for us! I agree, the traditional layout gets very predictable after a while.

is there a video of this? i would like to see how this turned out sounds out of the norm but in a good way!

i kind of did a little switch in my kids routine this yr.

Motion opening with some running tumbling
standing tumbling
jumps
running tumbling
baskets
pyramid
partner stunts
dance.

is there a video of this? i would like to see how this turned out sounds out of the norm but in a good way!

i kind of did a little switch in my kids routine this yr.

Motion opening with some running tumbling
standing tumbling
jumps
running tumbling
baskets
pyramid
partner stunts
dance.
How did this work out? I would think it would be harder to do partner stunts that late in the routine. It also feels like all the stunts are too grouped together back to back, but I'm interested in seeing it.

I know the routine format gets predictable, but I think its typically done that way because it generally flows well and puts the harder elements at the beginning and gets easier towards the end.

The hair flip/ ponytail twirl that is choreographed for the whole darned team makes me insane. Creativity? Zero! Ugh.

Back