All-Star Thoughts On Cheerlebrities

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't know her name. When people found out she was only level 2. People were like why is she a cheerleb she's only level 2.
Her name was like Elena er something. She has like a hundred thousand followers on instagram and twitter. i remember her because she had gorgeous blonde hair (not sure if it was extensions) but it was extremely long. thats probably why she was considered a "cheerleb"

Her name was like Elena er something. She has like a hundred thousand followers on instagram and twitter. i remember her because she had gorgeous blonde hair (not sure if it was extensions) but it was extremely long. thats probably why she was considered a "cheerleb"
yes that's her name. Long blonde hair, tons of twitter/insta followers. And level 2.

which ones? the ones known for there athletic ability that didn't ask for it or the ones known for their hair and diuretic induced abs?

they all cant be looked at in the same way. thats like asking: what do you think about the way men are or what do you think about the way women act.

i don't think she was ever actually cheer famous, though. she became "famous" from her tumblr blog. i use famous loosely, because i probably couldn't pick her out of line up of blonde girls, but that is where all of her followers came from if i remember the thread correctly?

Well I hope your not talking about me being creepy. A few us photographers are at the competitions to support the gym that our kids go to. People seem to really appreciate it, parents included.

No! I did qualify what I said by saying "some." You definitely are not creepy or make me as a mother feel uncomfortable. You don't fawn over the cheerleaders and add adjectives that don't belong with underage girls. You are an example of how to do it right. And I'm not just saying this because you're from my gym. I really do admire your photos.

Edit to add, you're the photog I was referring to in my post you replied to that I follow on IG. :)

@getsum idk to be honest. But those who have the talent probably have the looks too. I do understand that its going in the direction of looks first then if they may have some talent or no talent.

i know who that is.. but i didnt know she was only level 2. odd.

The challenge I have with Cheerlebrity in general is the trend I observe with young cheerleaders who aspire to become a Cheerlebrity themselves because they equate Cheerlebrity status with success in this sport. I personally know a group of young, mostly tweener aged girls who have created IG fan pages for each other in hopes of becoming Cheer Famous. It is sad to me to overhear how they want to be "famous just like 'Susie Cheerlebrity'". I don't have any problems with young athletes who aspire to emulate older or even more highly skilled same age athletes because of an advanced skill set whether it's tumbling, jumps or dance etc... That's okay, even normal. I have concerns that it's a slippery slope when they aspire to some level of Cheerlebrity just for fames sake. That's my take on it anyway.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

@getsum idk to be honest. But those who have the talent probably have the looks too. I do understand that its going in the direction of looks first then if they may have some talent or no talent.
It's looks no matter what what you do. Look at NFL and Tim Teebow. He could have been a sucky player for all I know but he is cute. But I've never seen him play. Well, it's the same aspect for these kids sort of kind of. Luckily though skill is still a big thing about cheerleading. But looks always seems to be popular.

Waaaah her! I remember her! I thought she was popular because she was good. But now I find out it was only because she was "pretty". What a disappointment! At the same rate I guess she never said she was good either.

It's looks no matter what what you do. Look at NFL and Tim Teebow. He could have been a sucky player for all I know but he is cute. But I've never seen him play. Well, it's the same aspect for these kids sort of kind of. Luckily though skill is still a big thing about cheerleading. But looks always seems to be popular.
lol tebow does suck, at least in the nfl. people latch on to him because of his fame he had at Florida and his open views about religion.

Back